Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Dark Times are Ahead ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 3
Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.
_____________________________________________________________
"I killed him," whispered Catterina. "That is why I wasn't back as soon as I had hoped. I was on trial for murder."

"What?!" whispered Kurone. "What do you mean?"

"He was going to kill momma so I did the only thing I could think of I grabbed a kitchen knife and I stabbed him in the back. The judge let me go saying that it was in self defense and protection."

"Why didn't you tell me in any of your notes?" asked Kurone looking at her hurt.

"I didn't want you to be worried," said Catterina.

"You still should have told me!" shouted Kurone. "I was worried sick about you!"

"I know," said Catterina tears falling from her eyes. "But I just didn't want you to know."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want you to think bad about me," said Catterina.

"Cat," said Kurone taking her into his arms and kissing her gently. "I could never think bad about you. There is nothing you could do to make me hate you."

"Promise?"

"With all my heart," said Kurone the two of them kissed and Hiei pretended to gag silently.

"Not to break up this romantic moment or anything," said Hiei rolling his eyes. "But can we go somewhere else instead of standing around like a bunch of morons?"

"Sure," said Kurone wrapping an arm around Cat's waist. "We can go to my place since I live alone."

"Fine," said Hiei taking the lead. "Let's go."

The group headed toward Kurone's two bedroom apartment to catch up with Catterina and to hear the whole story of why she killed her father.
_____________________________________________________________ "Do you mind telling us of what really happened that night?" asked Kurone draping Catterina's legs over his thighs.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you," said Catterina looking out the window.
Flashback*****************************************************< br> Catterina sighed and stared at the window of her room in the small cabin, the rain from outside hit the glass to the beat of her heart. She closed her golden eyes and leaned her forehead against the cool glass, letting the sound of the rain fill her soul. After a moment of listening to the rain and remembering better times with Kurone she opened her eyes and opened the window letting the rain into the room. Getting to her feet she slowly began to move about the floor, feeling the warm heartbeat of the wood beneath her bare feet.

She spun around the floor her baggy pants following around her legs. Her arms rose above her head and moved in the air like undulating ribbons. Her black hair moved about like a sheet of silk on her head. She danced around the room slowly to the beat about of the rain on the open window and pain. For just a few minutes she felt as free as she had when she was with Kurone. She felt safe and warm with Kurone, she felt safe dancing with the rain. It was then that the serenity of the night became a night of hell.

The beauty of the night was shattered by an ear piercing scream from her mother downstairs. Catterina froze in her dance and whirled toward the door running downstairs.

"Momma!" she screamed.

Catterina froze in the hallway when she found her father trying to strangle her mother. She rushed forward and leapt onto his back looping an arm around his neck and grabbing onto the root of his hair with her free hand pulling up. He swung her off of him sending her crashing into a glass coffee table. She leapt to her feet and shoved a piece of glass through his leg, causing him to loosen his grip slightly around her mother's neck. Catterina grabbed another shred of glass this time slamming it into his left shoulder. He cried out dropping Cat's mother onto the ground allowing the woman to get away.

The man grabbed hold of Catterina's tank top and threw her into the couch, she hit the back and rolled onto the floor. She watched as the man advanced on her mother and she moved forward again as he grabbed hold of the older woman's hair and dragged her into the kitchen. Catterina slammed herself into her father's side knocking him away from her mother. The two of them landed in a heap on the floor, with Catterina hitting her head against the cupboard stunning her only long enough for her father to pull a gun on her mother.

"You bastard!" screamed Catterina grabbing a knife from the rack. "Get away from her!"

Catterina lunged and stabbing him in the spine, death came quickly and the man dropped like a rock. The young woman stared down at the man in shock and stared at the knife before dropping it onto the floor blood covering her hands. She sobbed softly falling into the comforting arms of her mother.
End of Flashback***********************************************
"Fuck," muttered Yuusuke running a hand down his face after a long moment of silence. "That sucks."

"Where's your mother?" asked Keiko.

"She is buying us an apartment," said Catterina. "I'll be returning to school by next week."

"Then maybe you should let someone else take care of you from now on," said Kurone kissing her forehead.

"Yeah," said Catterina after a moment of silence. "I'd like that."

"Good," said Kurama. "Because you don't have a choice in the matter."

The entire group burst into laughter and the rest of the night was filled with the chatter of friends.
_____________________________________________________________< /div>