Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ The Storm Draws Closer ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 4
Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.
"Red Dirt Road." Is owned by Brooks and Dunn and the song in the other chapter is owned by Evanescene…I think.
_____________________________________________________________
It was a slightly rainy Wednesday night and the group had once again gathered at the café they had been at less then a week ago they were wearing similar clothing and were currently preparing for their next performance.

"Damn," cursed Kurone strumming his guitar softly.

"What is it? What's wrong?" asked Kurama looking up from his own guitar to look at his long time friend who was scowling down at his black instrument.

"I can't seem to get the proper chording for this damn guitar."

"Calm down," said Kurama. "You'll get it eventually, we've done this song a million times."

"He's right," said Catterina coming onto the stage and ignoring the boos of the crowd.

Kurone turned and stared at Cat taking in what she was wearing: leather pants, chain that hung loosely around her waist, leather wrist cuffs, a leather vest, and a chain chocker. Her black hair was separated into several braids and her golden eyes were accented by bronze eye shadow.

"You look good," said Kurone wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her cheek.

"Thanks," said Cat smiling softly. "He is right you know. You have to calm down and relax you are too tense. You're always tense before a performance, any performance."

"Very funny," laughed Kurone as he fiddled with the guitar again and strummed at the strings again.

"See," smiled Cat. "I knew all you needed was a way to get your mind off of it."


"Moving onto other things," said Kurone. "How is your mother?"

"She is fine we are almost done moving into our new apartment."

"Good," said Kurone touching her cheek. "When you finish moving in, I was wondering…"

"Bout what?"

"If we could maybe discuss if our relationship will take back up where we started or if we should just break it off?"

"I think that is a good idea," said Cat softly. "I mean after all how long as it been since we last saw each other?"

"Yeah," said Kurone nodding as the rest of the band finally settled down and waited to be announced.

"How's everyone doin tonight!" shouted the announcer as Cat left the stage, the crowd cheered. "That is wonderful to know! Because back by popular demand we have the SPIRIT WAVE!"

The audience cheered as the band once more struck up a tune.

"I was raised off of rural route three," sang Hiei. "Out past where the blacktop ends./We'd walk to church on Sunday mornings,/race barefoot back to Johnson's fence."

"That's where I first saw Mary," sand Kurama. "On that roadside picking blackberries./That summer I turned a corner in my soul,/down that red dirt road."

Entire group, "It's where I drank my first beer./It's where I found Jesus./Where I wrecked my first car,/I tore it all to pieces./I learned the path to heaven,/is full of sinners and believers./Learned that happiness on earth/ain't just for high achievers./I've learned; I've come to know,/there's life at both ends, of that red dirt road."

Kuwabara, "Her daddy didn't like me much,/in my shackled up GTO./I'd sneak out in the middle of the night,/throw rocks at her bedroom window."

Yuusuke, "We'd turn out the headlights,/drive by the moonlight,/talk about what the future might hold,/down that red dirt road."

Entire group, "It's where I drank my first beer./It's where I found Jesus./Where I wrecked my first car,/I tore it all to pieces./I learned the path to heaven,/is full of sinners and believers./Learned that happiness on earth/ain't just for high achievers./I've learned; I've come to know,/there's life at both ends, of that red dirt road."

Kurone and Kurama, "I went out into the world,/and I came back in./I lost Mary, oh I got her back again./And driving home tonight,/feels like I've found a long lost friend."

Entire group, "It's where I drank my first beer./It's where I found Jesus./Where I wrecked my first car,/I tore it all to pieces./I learned the path to heaven,/is full of sinners and believers./Learned that happiness on earth/ain't just for high achievers./I've learned; I've come to know,/there's life at both ends, of that red dirt road."

The crowd cheered eagerly and the girls hollered with pleasure and practically swarmed up onto the stage.

"Hey, hey," shouted the announcer. "Get off the damn stage all of ya, give them breathin room."

But the crowd didn't listen and the manager had to call in the cops to help prevent a riot. By the time the band finally got out of the café it was working on midnight and several of them just knew their parents would kill them, and they were right the moment they entered their houses they were grounded for a week. Kurone on the other hand had a surprise waiting for him when he got home and once more this was a surprise he wasn't expecting.

As he walked down the street that headed toward his apartment building he saw a familiar face seating in front of the building on a ratty old suitcase with an even older and rattier guitar case by her side. Upon closer inspection he could barely make out her white hair and skin. He stopped in front of the stair way leading up to the building. He then got a real good look at her, her white hair flowed down her back and nearly brushed against the concert and her broken spirit stared back at him from silver eyes. However, what stood out most was the delicate butterfly like bruises that marred her arms and a small amount on the chest that was exposed to him from the loose white tank top, her dark green cargo pants were held onto her thin waist by a piece of rope that had been wrapped around her twice. The girl that had been a healthy weight when he had last seen her three years ago now was thin, very thin and very sick looking.

"Panthera," he whispered in shock as he stood there staring at the girl. "What are you doing here?"

TBC

This might be put on hold for long periods of time because I am running out of ideas for this story. So if anyone as any ideas please drop me a line either in the email or in the review box. Thanks!