Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Tainted Skin ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 4
Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.
_____________________________________________________________
Kurone sat on his couch, flipping through the channels and drinking a beer. Seeing his cousin in such a bad state had left a feeling of fury at the bottom of his stomach, one he had not felt since he had first seen Cat getting thrashed about by her father. He snarled and threw the glass bottle against the wall, and froze his face whirling to the bedroom where Panthera was sleeping hoping he hadn't woken her. He hadn't though and he let out a breath of relief glad for that piece of advice. The phone's shrill ringing in the stillness of the apartment caused him to jump slightly, cursing he answered it annoyed at whomever was calling.

"What?!" barked Kurone into the phone.

"Kurone," came Kurama's surprised voice from the other line. "Is this a bad time to call?"

"Not really," muttered Kurone calming down a bit.

"You don't have company do you?" asked Kurama and Kurone could practically see the raised eyebrow of the red head. "I mean, Cat isn't over there with you right now is she? You two aren't going to start back up again from where you left off?"

"No," said Kurone. "Cat is not over here, fox and ask for our relationship now or in the past; that is none of your business."

"Look," said Kurama. "I am sorry if I touched a sore spot with you on that. I just don't want to see you get hurt again, like the last time when she had to run."

"I don't think she will be running again anytime soon," scowled Kurone.

"I know," began Kurama slowly. "Just be careful will ya?"

"Of course," said Kurone.

"Alright," said Kurama sounding like he had just let off a load from his chest. "So I will see you tomorrow at the café?"

"Um" said Kurone. "Family shit just came up, so I may or may not be there."

"Okay," said Kurama in understanding, out of everyone he was the only one that knew how bad things were to an extinct with Kurone's family. "Well if you can't call me on my cell."

"Right," said Kurone. "Ja."

"Ja.'

Then both males hung up the phone and Kurone stared at the bedroom door for awhile a frown on his face as he remembered the conversation from thirty minutes earlier.
Flashback****************************************************< br> "Come in Panthera," said Kurone hurrying up the steps and taking his cousin's bags in one hand so he could unlock and open the door with the other.

"Thank you," said Panthera following him inside.

"So," began Kurone shutting the door and locking it. "What are you doing here? When did you get in?"

"Well," said Panthera as he lead her to his guest room that Cat normally stayed in before she ran away with her mother to escape her abusive father. "I came because Ecithead threatened to kill me because another guy talked to me and I got here about two hours ago."

"You've been waiting outside for two hours?"

"Yes," said Panthera looking down as she sat on the bed, Kurone next to her.

"How did you get here?"

"Bus," said Panthera. "I drugged Ecithead's dinner, packed some stuff when it took affect, called a taxi which took me to a train station, got a ticket and after a week or so of traveling here I am."

"Why didn't you call me?" asked Kurone.

"I didn't remember your number," said Panthera yawning. "And I didn't have any change so I basically just found an address book and started walking towards your apartment. Took me an hour to get here so I basically I was waiting outside your place for an hour."

"Look," said Kurone patting her knee. "I am going to get some sleep and you can tell me the rest in the morning. Okay?"

"Okay," nods Panthera as she climbed into bed while Kurone tucked her in. "I love you cousin," said Panthera softly.

"I know," said Kurone kissing her forehead gently. "I love you too sleep well."

Panthera didn't say anything as she was already in deep sleep. Kurone smiled and slipped quietly out of the room closing the door gently behind him.
End Flashback*************************************************

Kurone sighed and made his way to his own bed. He had a feeling that the next few days were going to be hard to deal with. Especially if his cousin's boyfriend discovered she was here and if he came looking for her, the bastard would have a surprise waiting for him. One that he wouldn't like at all Kurone and the others would make sure of that.

TBC
____________________________________________________ _________
Sorry it was so short I will try and make the next one longer but I am kinda running into writer's block and exams are coming up and I have a cold so updates for awhile will be few and far between. I am also going to work on some YYH one-shots that will help lead up to the Great War.