Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Cafe ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 5
Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.
_____________________________________________________________
Kurama and Hiei walked down the street towards Kurone's house, something in Kurone's voice had worried Kurama prompting him to call Hiei and convince the Goth male to accompany him to visit their friend. They hurried up the steps and waited briefly allowing Kurama to unlock the door with the key Kurone had given him. They strolled into the apartment and noticed that the guest room light was on and the door was open so they quickly made their way down the hall towards the room.

"Kurone," said Kurama storming into the room. "What was your problem last night….."

Kurama's voice trailed off when he saw a girl asleep on her stomach on the bed. The girl was covered from her waist down with the blanket and she was wearing a tank top that didn't seem to hide the fact that the girl with sickly thin. Her white hair was splayed about the pillow, sheets, and her pale delicate face; while her arms were bent and resting on either side of her face. Kurone was glancing up at them shocked straightening up from his bent position over the girl.

"Who's the girl?" asked Kurama finally getting over his shock.

"Hiei, Kurama," said Kurone softly. "This is my cousin Panthera."

Kurone, Kurama, and Hiei were seating in the living room, so that Kurone could explain everything.

"When did she get here?" asked Hiei.

"Last night," said Kurone taking a sip of jasmine green tea.

"Before or after the performance?" asked Kurama sipping his own tea.

"Before it probably," said Kurone seating his cup back down on the table and leaning back into his seat. "Because she was waiting for me when I got home."

"I see," said Hiei staring at the cup of tea in his hand, before glancing up at the tall male with long black hair. "Why is she here?"

"She is trying to escape her boyfriend Ecithead," said Kurone spitting out the other male's name like it was venom.

"Why?" asked Kurama raising a delicate red eyebrow in curiosity.

"Because he threatened to kill her and judging by the bruises on her I would say that isn't the only thing that goes on in their relationship."

"Discussing my past without me cousin?" asked a female voice from the doorway.

The three males turned to see Panthera standing there her bare feet small and delicate as she walked slowly across the carpeted floor to take a seat next to her cousin. The dark green cargo pants she wore hung loosely on her hips threatening to slip off if it hadn't been for the belt she was wearing and now that she was standing they could see her white tank top showing off her bust line and falling down like a curtain covering her thin stomach.

"Kurone," said Panthera snagging his tea and drinking from it. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your two friends?"

"Of course," said Kurone pouring himself a new cup of tea (A/N: ain't he sweet letting his cousin take his tea from him?). "Panthera this is Hiei and Kurama, Hiei, Kurama this is Panthera, my cousin."

"Hello," said Panthera nodding at each of them in turn.

"Hi," said Kurama.

"Hn," said Hiei before looking away a faint blush forming on his cheeks.

"We were thinking of going to a café for lunch and then going to a strip mall," said Kurama smiling at her. "Would you be interested in joining us?"

Panthera looked between the three men and considered the offer it might do her good to get out without having to worry about Ecithead's jealous rages.

"I would like that," she said smiling. "I would like that very much."
_____________________________________________________________
Showered and refreshed Panthera felt ready to face the world with her cousin and his friends as she slipped into a pair of dark blue cargo pants and a silver tank top, she pulled her socks onto her feet and grabbing her boots she hurried out of the room to where the males were waiting.

"Bout time," muttered Hiei.

"Well Hiei," said Panthera grabbing her wallet. "I got ready as fast as I could besides I am a female after all so deal with it."

Hiei snorted as the group left the apartment they slipped into their shoes and were off down the street towards the café to meet the others, who were already there waiting.

"Who's the chick?" asked Yuusuke when they got closer.

"This is my cousin," said Kurone before doing the rest of the introductions.

"Now that everyone is introduced shall we go inside?" asked Kurama wrapping an arm around Botan and escorting her inside.

"Sounds good to me," said Koenma following them inside with the rest of the group following suit.

After they ordered their breakfast they settled down for a chat about how long Panthera would be staying and what to do that day to celebrate her arrival and the fact that Catterina and her mother had finally finished moving into their new house.

"So," said Kurone taking charge of the situation since he knew the two females best in one way or another. "How about we go see a movie?"

"Yeah," said Botan clapping her hands happily. "A Romance film."

"Definitely a romance film," said Keiko nodding her head in agreement.

"I don't know," said Kurama slowly. "I don't really wanna see a romance film this early in the day."

"Yeah," said Yuusuke grinning. "I say we go see an action movie."

"The new movie Van Helsing is supposed to be pretty good," volunteered Kuwabara.

"But Kazuma," said Yukina staring up at her boyfriend her ruby eyes glistening. "I want to see a romance film."

"Well," said Kuwabara rubbing his head as he and Yukina stared at each other and Yuusuke and Kurama knew they had lost one of the guys to the other side.

"Come on," said Koenma rolling his eyes. "Our lives are a romance movie practically; we don't need to watch one!"

"I actually wouldn't mind see a romance film this time," said Cat surprising them all.

"Seriously?" asked Kurone staring at her with shock as the rest of them looked at her like she had grown an extra head or something.

"What?" asked Cat. "I am a girl I can like romance movies if I want to!"

"Yes!" shouted Botan thrusting her hand into the air. "All we need now is the go from Panthera and we will go see a romance movie!"

"Oh goody," muttered Hiei in irritation looking out the window of the café knowing that they would have to watch a mushy film.

"I don't feel like going to see a romance movie," said Panthera looking down at the table blushing slightly.

"Huh?" asked Botan. "Why not? Oh I know you don't have a boyfriend do you?! You can borrow Koenma, or even better you can use Hiei I am sure he won't mind!"

"What?!" demanded Hiei and Koenma getting to their feet.

"No, no," said Panthera shaking her hands in front of her with a faint blush forming on her cheeks. "That's not it at all!"

"Why don't we see Troy!" shouted Kurone a little too loudly as their food came; causing the other people in the café to stare at him and the waitress to nearly drop a plate in his lap. "I mean," said Kurone clearing his throat and speaking in a normal voice. "I hear that as action and romance in it so it should fit all our needs."

`Thank you cousin,' thought Panthera breathing a sigh of relief.

Panthera had no intention of going to see a romance film because; she did not want to see what a real romance should look like. She knew that the romance she was in now was not a romance at all and having her face rubbed in that fact was not something she wanted to experience. It was best that she not get too involved with anyone here because if Ecithead found out, if he found she did not want to think about what would happen. She shuddered softly and was surprised when a jacket feel across her shoulders, she looked up to see Kurama looking at her with a worried expression (thought it was going to Hiei didn't ya?).

"Are you alright?" he asked.

It was then that Panthera became aware of the fact that the entire group's attention was focused on her.

"I'm fine," said Panthera softly blushing some more. "Thank you."

"Well," said Kurone standing up and slapping some money on the table to cover his, Panthera, and Catterina breakfast, while the other guys followed suit slapping bills on the table. "Let's head out to the movie theater."
___________________________________________________________ As the group got closer to the theater they noticed another group there, and the males pulled the girls closer to them. Hiei for some reason pulled Panthera against him while her cousin by habit pulled Cat to his side.

"Honestly Kurone," said Cat rolling her eyes.

At the sound of Cat's voice the other group turned in the direction of the approaching group and snarled.

"Well, well look who it is," said the leader.

TBC………