Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Dreams ❯ Destruction and chaos ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Meeting Demons of Legend

Akkina- Hello and welcome to my newest insert-you story, Shattered Dreams. For the Hiei fans, please read, enjoy, and voice your opinions of it, just be nice!

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or anything else, or it would be much more gory of a show.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You stare at your village in utter shock. The flames licked at the houses, slowly consuming everything in their reach. Your eyes strayed down to your body, which was beaten and bruised with no more than tattered rags to cover it, and they barely did that. Your eyes grew glassy and your body weak from blood loss. Everything grew blurry as darkness overcame you, the last thing you see is a figure looking down at your limp form.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

You feel warm air against your face and let your eyes flutter open. There, staring into your eyes, was a pair of scarlet ones lacking pupils. You scream and jump back, startling the other person as well. Having taken some time to calm down, you decided you had better look at the other person there. It was a young girl around your age, with long silver hair reaching to the small of her back. She had long elvish-like ears and a black arrow head tail which was thumping on the ground rapidly. Her clothes were simple enough, a loose white shirt with baggy black pants and boots that went up to her knees. Her red eyes looked innocently at you as she studied you as well. After a while she leaned forward and asked:

"Are you a girl?"

You can only stare a bit before weakly nodding your head. At this, she grinned. "Wow, I've never seen another girl before!" She exclaimed, wagging her tail in delight.

"I'm so sorry about this....." Said a masculine voice over to your side. Looking over revealed a young man, face in hand, sweatdropping. You couldn't see his face, but you were able to study him a little. He had messy chocolate brown that reached his cheeks and were pulled to the side. The rest was pulled into a bandage like hair tie that was wrapped half-way down his hair, leaving the rest to blow freely. He was very muscular and well-built, but got up and left before you could see much else.

"Hey- where are you going?" The girl called. He gave the stiff reply of "Hunting," and left the clearing without another word. You were at a simple campsite, supplies randomly scattered everywhere, and a fire near where you were lying. But something caught your eye-your clothes. The carelessly discarded near a tent. You start to panic, but the girl giggles and points down. Sure enough, looking down showed you had been wearing a shirt and pants similar to her own, only in shades of grey. With this, you sigh in relief.

"So- you gonna do me the honor of telling me your name?"

"I'm (F/N) (L/N)....a-and you?"

"Name's Akkina Koorime."

You nod and scan the area. "Where are we?"

"Camp. Me and my bro are wanderers." She says, leaning back to look at the star-flecked sky with a grin.

"That's your brother, then?"

"Uh-huh." Akkina responded, tilting her head to one side. "Where do you live? Onii-chan says most demons live in villages or clans. I've only seen them from far away. They have those strange sticks woven together all over the place." She says while entwining her fingers in example. Memories of your village flashed back into your head.

"My village....my village is gone.... some bandits destroyed it." you say, idly playing with a blade of grass. "I'm sorry..." Akkina says, "...if you want I'll go so you can cry, or mourn, or whatever you do." she was obviously not used to giving someone pity.

"Why should I? They all hated me and either way it won't bring them back. I really don't care." you say coldly, glaring off into the forest. "Glad. If they hated you, I guess you really shouldn't waste you tears." Akkina began, never looking at you. "....I guess I'm weird though. You're the only person other than Onii-chan I've talked to." you nodded. After a long silence Akkina looks at you and speaks. "What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know."

"Can you fight?"

"Of course."

She smiled and bobbed her head eagerly. "Then why don't you come with us? Onii-chan shouldn't-." she began, only to get cut off as a pebble ricocheted off her head. A deep voice growls venomously:

"What did I tell you about calling me '-chan'?" the young boy stepped out, glaring at the girl. Akkina pouted and sarcastically spat out, "Onii-san," he sighed and walked up. "Are you hungry or what?"

You realized that you hadn't eaten all day. The thought of food made your stomach gurgle loudly. You turn a light pink and nodded your head eagerly. He smirked and went to set up the food to cook.

"Er, what's your name?" you ask, looking over at the boy. This time you got a better look. He also had no pupils, but had eyes that were a misty green. He also had a scar on his left cheek. He turned and put on a broad grin. "I'm Lance. And you are....?"

"(Y/N)."

He nodded and turned back to the food. A wave of his hand made the flames grow much larger. Then it began to register. 'Whoa, LANCE AND AKKINA?!?! They can't be!!!'

"L-lance...?"

"Hm?"

You blink. "You said your name's Lance?

He looked confused but nodded. "That's correct."

"B-but, in my village.... your names are something mothers will used to make children go to bed!!" Lance burst out laughing before pointing to Akkina. "That's mostly her work. She has trouble controlling blood lusts."

"Hn! Like I'm the only killer here." Akkina snorted, glaring at nothing. When Lance finally stifles his laughter he turns to you. "Don't worry, we won't kill you without reason."

"Onii-san, you're not helping...."

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. We're fairly nice..... so long as you aren't our food or enemy."

You frown at them. "I don't even want to know what you eat." He grins. "Well, I, myself show more restraint than her. She lives by 'if I can catch it, I'll eat it'. So, I, fortunately, am in charge of hunting." he hands some meat to you, which you willingly eat, even if it was slimy, it still counted as food. The worst part was the fact that Akkina likes hearts. Lance only sighed and quietly ate his food.

"So....." Akkina says, "If (Y/N)-chan wants, can she come with us?"

Lance nods. "Fine by me. One more girl means less questions you can ask me."

You give him a confused look, which he answers by saying: "You'd be amazed the questions a little girl can ask when she's never seen a grown woman before in her life." he walks off laughing like a maniac. Who knows, this could be very interesting, traveling with two of the most feared people in Makai.