Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Dreams ❯ Where?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Nigenkai?!

Akkina- Hello, all! Number 2! Thank you everyone!

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or anything else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We're going to where?!" you practically scream at Lance and Akkina. You had been wandering with them for what near a century, and out of the blue they decide to go to Ningenkai. Ningenkai of all places! Lance nodded calmly while Akkina's eyes darted between the two of you. "The human world. That's what I said and that's where we're going." You nod dumbly and follow as Lance begins for the nearest town. As you go Lance calmly explains everything.

"We're going today. I'll get a book on portal magic, and you two do whatever, but no explosions." When he says this you grin sheepishly and scratch the back of your head. Why did he always have to bring this up.

He splits up with the two of you left to wander around aimlessly. You're hardly there mentally, so Akkina had to steer you around. You had been thinking about the past few years. There wasn't anything tying you here, so why not? Lance and Akkina where the only people who were ever really kind to you. Lance had even forged you your own katana and kunai. They helped you train in martial arts and swordsmanship, resulting in a few scars, but Akkina said it could be a reminder not to make the same mistake. She had her own deep scar on the left side of her stomach from it, and two on the right that she never talked about. It seemed Lance didn't like talking about the scar on his chest either, but it looks like it must have been gruesome.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan!! You finished in La-la-land, or what?! Don't you wanna go to the bookstore?" she asks, poking your head.

"Yes, I want to go, but damn it!! Why do you call me '-chan'?!"

"'Cause you're shorter than me. And younger. Now, come on!!!" Akkina demanded, dragging you forward. You started swearing at her, and she swore back. Eventually you were having an all-out verbal assault, making most demons keep their distance, some whispering.

"I hope you're not talkin' 'bout me!! Cause I'll drive your sorry faces into the pavement if you are!!" Akkina shouts, glaring at everyone there, making a hush fall over the crowd. Akkina frowned and went back to dragging you. "Book store, book store, book store......" She mumbled over and over, until you start ramming your fist in your face out of annoyance.

"Hmmm... lesse, book store, book store, book store....."

"Shut up, shut up, shut up....."

"Ah-ha! Book store!!! I've found it!" Akkina announces, leading you to the shop. You sigh and rub you now hurting face. Akkina disappeared, leaving you to look to the endless rows of books. You flip through random books, hoping for something interesting.

'Hn, demon mythology? That works.' you think paging through the gigantic book. The book lands on a page about the Koorime. 'Hey, aren't Lance and Akkina part Koorime? Lance is male, that's why he control fire, right? And part kitsune, too! Yup, I'm smart!' You grow bored quickly and decide to continue your search. After a while, you unearth a book on fire demons. In there is a page with drawings of several different fire demons, and they were pretty good. One particular caught your eye.

"Hey, whazzat?" you hear Akkina's voice as she comes up and plops next to you with a stack of books. "A book about the fire youkai race. See?" you say pointing to the depiction that you had been looking at.

"It's a picture."

"Yeah, so? I like it." The picture was of a fire demon with spiked hair wearing all black. "I think he's pretty handsome."

"Then I reeeeaaaaalllly hope it's a guy." Akkina said while looking over your shoulder. You frown at her and pout a little. "Don't do that!" you snap back, almost whining.

"Oh, come on, I was just playing. I'd be scared if that was a girl!" She said, waving a dismissing hand. You growl and punch her playfully in the arm. "Please! Remember when we first met?"

"Yup..."

"That was pathetic."

"No it wasn't, I was just, ill-informed, that's all!"

The conversation continued for a while, until you noticed something you really didn't like. "Hey, Akkina?"

"Hm?"

"Those guys over there are staring at us, and I don't think there looking at our faces..."

Akkina darkened at your statement. "Hn, bastards... let's kill 'em." She stood up letting her energy flare a bit. You immediately yank her back down. "What the hell are you doing?! You gonna risk damaging the books?"

"Point."

"Alright, watch." You say, getting up and walking over to the men and grinning suggestively. Three of them start drooling while the last does his best to look suave. You look at them and gag inwardly but start to lead them outside. Once their outside, you proceed to beat the crap out of them, with Akkina's somewhat sadistic assistance. With that done you look over to notice Lance looking at you. "Yep, you're gonna be a joy for you teachers, ain't'cha?"

"Hn, we forgot to pay!" Akkina says, looking down at her selected books. You arch an eyebrow. "And you care?"

"Oh, that's right, I don't!"

"Alright, this way." Lance said, leading you into an alley. "Akkina, you do it, and remember, discreetly." she begins the incantation, making a blue haze appear in front of her, with that there, she takes a knife and slices through the haze. It opens up, and Lance ushers the two of you in before leaping through into the Ningenkai.....