Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ A Disturbing Discovery... ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7 A Disturbing Discovery

Youko Kurama's P.O.V

"What do you mean, `A second chance to stay alive'? What are you going to do to me?" she asked timidly.

"Oh, that would ruin the surprise now wouldn't it," I smiled.

She stepped back then tensed almost like she would run and yet she didn't. She stood her ground and watched me wearily. I took one step forward and she took one back, for every step I took she took the opposite.

"It seems you quite good at defensive maneuvers," I said.

She smirked slyly. "I've had a lot of practice."

"Good that makes this all the more fun," I chuckled.

"Really now? You realize I won't let you get away with anything, anything at all…" Shiri regarded me darkly.

"You think so low of me my vixen!" Was my amused reply.

"Oh and I am supposed to refer to you as a God or something?" she inquired

"Actually I prefer the term `King of Thieves' to a God" I stated.

She rolled her eyes. "You're so very self centered Youko,"

"You say that like it's a bad thing" I grinned

She almost smiled at that but caught herself before she did. She looked behind me and noticed that I was between her and the exit. Her shoulders slumped slightly and a sigh of irritation escaped her lips. She swiftly ran then leaped onto the wall on my left and back flipped to land behind me. I turned startled then she bolted for the exit confidant she had gotten out of my reach.

`Not so fast my vixen,' I thought to myself. ` I'll never let you go that easily, you are far too precious…'
All I had to do was command the vines to grab her, but to my surprise she managed to avoid them and get out side. I followed immediately and saw her about to enter the woods only a few feet in front of me so I did the first thing that entered my mind. I tackled her to the ground.

"Let me go! GET OFF OF ME!" She screamed.

"NO!" I yelled right back. "You are on my territory and you will do as I say! If I tell you to stay here with me you shall obey my command," I informed her sternly.

Her eyes darkened and she continued to struggle in my hold, kicking and screaming like a frightened child. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I pinned her arms above her head with one hand and captured her chin with the other before swiftly bringing my moth down to meet hers… I kept our lips in a tight lock for a few moments before releasing them and smirking.

"Struggling only turns me on," I grinned.

The young maiden went bug eyed.

"I… it wha… what?" She stammered.

I only grinned wider. "You heard me vixen. Now I suggest you stop this nonsense before… Well you can fill in that blank."

She turned her head away and refused to look at me. I could clearly see a very bright blush crossing her cheeks, I let out a low laugh and let go of her wrists. She made a move to punch me but I caught it.

"Ah ah ah…" I chided. "What did I just say?" My young vixen growled at me and let her arm go slack. "Much better, now let's go," I said picking her up bridal style.

"What did I tell you about walking!?" Shiri yelled to me, but made no move to struggle. Obviously my words had effect.

"As I said before, this is easier… Besides…" I smirked evilly. "I relish holding you…"

My vixen shuddered in my grip and I chuckled as we walked back to my den. Once inside I placed her solidly on the ground. Shiri quickly scurried away from me and huddled in a corner of my den.

`Great, just great,' I thought to myself wryly… `We're going backwards again.'

"Shiri… I…" How the hell was I supposed to finish this sentence. I was supposed to appear dominant and in control… To apologize to her would be to give her more power. As it stood now, she certainly didn't need anymore of that.

"Just leave me alone…"She pleaded softly.

I sighed and scratched the back of my head. This is going to be a lot harder than I had thought. I decided to just let her be and wait until later before talking with her. I realized that it was getting late and I should find some kind of meal.

"Shiri, I'll be back in a bit so stay here." I said before leaving. I headed down to the river and managed to catch dinner. I started to head back when the sound of two wolf youkai caught my attention. It sounded like they where arguing…about…Shiri! I hid in the trees and listened.

"I don't care what her excuse is this time, she's been missing nearly two days. Once I get my hands on her she'll wish she had stayed home." One growled.

"Stop it Shirak. Did you ever think that maybe she's in trouble. Normally she comes back before dark but she never did." Another said.

"I hate it when you actually make a point Mirak…" The one called Shirak sighed. They both walked until they where under the exact tree I was in. I now could see their faces. Shirak had light brown, shoulder length hair and deep emerald green eyes. His features where sharp like Shiri's but he held a cold expression. Mirak, who looked younger then Shirak, had short white hair with light, soft blue oceanic eyes, much like Shiri's.

`Who the hell are these youkai?' I thought `relatives?'

"If anyone harms a hair on our little sister's head I will slaughter them," Shirak snarled.

`Aww…shit…they're her older brothers,' I thought `Fuck…'

Mirak sighed then glanced up and it almost seemed if he saw me. He just shook his head.

"Well…I guess all we can do is continue looking and pray she's alright," he said. Shirak nodded and they started off in the opposite direction of my den. After they had left I quickly headed back and looked for Shiri. She had fallen asleep in the same spot as she was before. I silently started a fire to cook the fish. As I did so I thought `What if her brothers somehow find out she's here…'

To be Continued…