Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ Help Me... ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

Ok so this is the 3rd chapter I've posted in the past few hours and I'm so happy! I didn't put any A/N in the other 2 but hey whatever the disclaimer is in the others before them.

Read and review please!!!

Kurama's P.O.V

I looked over at Shiri as she slept and sighed. She stirred slightly, opened her eyes and sat up. She looked at me rather dazed then she blinked a few times before fully waking up. She quickly looked away from me obviously still pissed off at me about before. Should I tell her about what I saw…Or just continue with this little escapade? I decided to keep the information to myself. I motioned for her to come over by the fire. She moved and sat opposite of me and stared at the flames. I handed her dinner that she took without argument. We both ate in silence, the tension was so thick I could cut it with my Rose Whip and it drove me nuts.

"Shiri… Just, talk to me, or something. This is driving me mad," I announced.

"Good," she muttered.

"Need I tell you that you don't want to see me angry?" I question.

"Oh, do forgive me, but I doubt I'd have much to say to a common thief," she sneered.

"Common?" I laugh. "My poor vixen, your memory is atrocious… I told you, I am the `King of Thieves'."

Shiri glared at me coldly. "Forgive me if I don't see it your way," the young one snapped.

"With that kind of attitude we'll never get along." I smirked

"La de fricken da," she muttered coldly.

I sighed and thought. `Well this is going no where so fast.'

"Come on, I am at least making an effort here… Don't try my patience with you…" I snarl.

She merely stuck out her tongue out in defiance just like a little kit.

"I'd suggest you put it away and don't tempt me anymore," I smirked.

She quickly brought her tongue back in and glared coldly at me.

"Pervert," she growled.

"Admit it you like it," I cackled

"Gah! As if!" She choked.

I laughed at her expression; it was a mix of horror and pure embarrassment. I guess laughter was contagious because she actually started to laugh along with me. Strange girl…

"So you do have a sense of humor! My god I thought I had picked up a girl with the personality of a sloth!" I joked.

She grabbed the closest rock about the size of her fist and chucked it at me. I narrowly missed getting it right between my eyes.

"You're such a jerk!" She shouted.

I let out an irritated groan. "Your extremely hard to please you know that..."

She glared. "What does that mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like vixen," I stated as I leaned my back against the wall.

"Whatever… I wouldn't be so freaking difficult if you actually had some class!" She shouted. "Oh I'm sorry you probably don't even know what the word means!"

I smiled… "Don't make me kiss you again," I threatened.

She tensed at my words, and I will admit to feeling a little disappointed; her fire was irresistible. She slumped against the wall behind her and crossed her arms.

"Do you ever have anything nice to say?" She asked suddenly.

"Depends…" I replied

"On?" She questioned.

"If I want to or not," was my answer.

"Oh and why don't you ever want to around me? Am I not good enough to say nice things about?" She questioned.

"Quite to the contrary my vixen," I replied. " I'm sure you are good enough, I just do not desire to waste my breath."

"…I see…" She frowned. "So I am wasted breath now am I?"

"Well, you never make an effort to say any thing nice to me, so… I refuse to waste my breath on something that will never be returned," I stated.

"I…never looked at it that way…" She whispered. "I…I'm sorry…"

She wrapped her arms around her knees and started at the ground sadly. I think I actually made her feel really bad. `Bloody hell...'

I moved to sit beside her, gently placing my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to lean on my chest. She stiffened at first then slowly relaxed. Tentatively I ran my fingers through her hair and tried to make her feel as comfortable as I could…

`Why is this stupid female making me go so soft!?' I thought frantically to myself. She sighed softly, completely content and calm.

"Kurama…" she trailed off.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry about…before...when I decked you," She said.

"Just don't tell anyone about it and we're fine." I stated firmly.

She nodded slowly before falling into a light sleep.

I sighed `This is so ridiculous…. I'm the King of Thieves being reduced…to…to I don't even know what to call it...'

I quickly caught the sent of those two youkai again, Shiri's brothers, only they were right outside. Gently I set Shiri down and stood near the entrance and listened.

"Are you sure this is where the trail ends Mirak? Its just a mountain side" Shirak growled.

"Yes, Shirak I am; it ends right in front of the vines," Mirak said calmly.

"Well let us just see what's behind them shall we." I heard Shirak say.

I snarled silently and made the vines to thick to cut through. I heard the eldest brothers' blade slice through the vines but not fully. There was to many layers for him to cut through.

"Shirak…he's in there…and so is Shiri," Mirak sounded like he was in a trance.

`Oh wonderful the brat's able to read aura…I really don't feel like having to kill her brothers…' I thought bitterly.

"Good so I don't have to hunt the bandit down to kill him," Shirak said.

`Then again maybe killing him wouldn't be so bad…' I growled

"Kurama! You fucker! Come out and fight!" Shirak screamed.

I quickly turned to look at Shiri who was now sitting up staring at the entrance.

"That's…Shirak…" She said slowly.

I quickly covered her mouth with my hand. "Stay here and be quiet. Understand me." I warned.

She bit my hand; I winced and had to remove it from its current position over her mouth. I looked at the two deep puncture wounds.

"You...bit...my hand…How old are you?" I whispered.

She ignored my questioned and said quietly. "Don't you dare kill my brothers."

"What if I have to?" I snapped.

"Don't! Just leave them alone!" She pleaded quietly "I'll do anything!"

"Anything? Fine, convince them not to kill ME," I demanded.

"Fine!" She stood up, headed for the entrance, and pushed the vines away. I watched from the shadows.

"SHIRAK! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE AIMING MORON!" She screeched.

"Shi… Shiri?" I heard the one named Shirak stammer.

"Yes, you moron, it's me," she replied.

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN YOUKO KURAMA'S DEN!?" The older one screamed.

"Nothing even close as to what is going on in your demented mind," Shiri retorted.

Shirak growled "Explain why you're here and where that thief is?"

"He's not coming out," she growled.

"Oh, and why not?" Shirak demanded.

"Because I told him to stay inside," Shiri explained. " I am here of my own will, tell mother and father that I am fine and just get out of here okay?"

Mirak stared at Shiri like she had grown a second head. "ARE YOU INSANE?!"

"No, no I am not. Mirak shut up and go home," she sighed.

To be Continued…