Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sorry I'm Broken ❯ Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TFIN: I have the results!!! Drums roll please!

*Drums roll*

TFIN: And the winner is… KURAMA!!! You lucky dog!

Kurama: Some how I'm not feeling so lucky…

Kurama Fan Girls: *Glare venom dripping flaming death daggers of doom*

Kurama: *Whimpers*

Note: This story does not contain a lot of romance. It will have some but… you get my point. So if you were expecting a whole lot of fluff, you ain't getting it.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Next Day

The sound of rushing water rang continuously through your ears. Your senses were engulfed in the smell of wood, water, and pine needles. Your body was sickeningly calm as you were intoxicated with it all. The water was the color of untainted ice, and it appeared as if millions of crystal fragments were glistening in its rapid flux.

It was some time in the early morning, you had been forced out of bed by Genkai, and were now currently seated at the base of a large waterfall. The water source was set in the middle of the Dark Forest. At first you thought it was strange that the trees were black, but that left your mind quickly enough. Now you were listening to Genkai.

" Now I want you to close your eyes, and concentrate"

You nodded, and closed your eyes. Thoughts sifted through your mind at such a rapid pace it felt as if your head would explode. Though soon enough, a quiet darkness enveloped you, as you slipped into the realm of your subconscious mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

In Your Head

*Flashback*

You were 7, and were giving your mother a hard time putting you to bed, much to your amusement. She finally managed to tuck you in, and she proceeded to read you a bed time story. Half way through it, your father had walked in, and asked her to come with him downstairs. So she got up, kissed you on the forehead and followed.

You though, were a little mad she didn't finish the story, so you got up and quietly followed. You stayed hidden in the stairwell, while watching your parents converse. Though soon your father started to yell at your mom, and he slapped her. You and your mom were both stunned. You especially.

After that, they yelled more, and your father started to beat up your mom. He punched her, smacked her, and kicked her. When he thought that wasn't enough, to your horror he took out his switchblade. Both you mom's and your eyes widened.

He crept up to, with a sadistic smirk plastered on his face. An evil glint shone in his eyes. He grabbed your mom by the hair and threw her against the far wall into the picture frames. They shattered on impact and splintered into millions of pieces of glass.

He approached her, kicking her squarely in the ribs, and that resulted in a sickening crack. Your mother screamed in pain, and it only got louder with he pushed the knife into her shoulder. But he wanted more of her screams, so he painfully slow dragged the knife down her arm, blood gushed out like Niagara Falls.

When he reached the base of her fingers, her ripped the knife out and stared at the dripping blood. Licking it off the blade, he cackled for a second, before stepping closer to your mother, his shoes getting soaked in the blood that pooled about her dieing body. He whispered something inaudible to her, before he took the blade and pressed it against her eyebrow. He then dragged it all the way down the side of her face and neck, efficiently ripping her jugular open.

Her eyes dulled, and she fell limp. Her blood spurted from her neck like a mini fountain. Her body slunk father down on the wall, leaving a bloody trail. Tears streamed down your fear stricken face, as you saw your dad lick the blood, then turn to face you with an evil smirk. He laughed and walked out the door as if nothing happened.

*End Flashback*

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Your eyes jerked open, adrenaline once again coursing through your system. An uncomfortable sinking feeling lodged itself in the pit of your stomach, and something told you that you had to run. Your head moved left in right, searching for anything and everything. But you were the only one there.

Your heart hit painfully against your ribs, and you shakily got to your feet. You had to get back to the temple. No… you had to get away. Once your erratic breathing controlled itself, you looked around once more… then you ran like the devil was at your heels away.

You wanted to get away. You HAD to get away. Keep on running, or forever be tormented by visions and memories that held to much carnage for your traumatized mind to handle. ----- So you ran. You ran and ran and ran. But alas, the higher deities wished you to stay, and so you were once again caught.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short. I'm getting a case of writers block, and I'm going into a depression. I'll update if you review. Oh and does anyone have any ideas?