Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ That Which Remains Unspoken ❯ Chapter VI ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That Which Remains Unspoken:

Chapter 6

Morning came, and the sun shone down on four boys deep in the heart of the Makai wilderness; two of them were locked in a tight embrace, their faces next to each other, lips almost touching as the breathed the even breaths of sleep. The other two were alone in their beds, and one was far distant from the others. Kuwabara, however, was just waking up, and upon finding Kurama and Yusuke lying next to each other, his face turned pink and he quickly looked away. Glancing around the clearing he saw no immediate sign of Hiei and didn't sense him either. Sighing to himself, the carrot-headed boy got up and began preparing their breakfast.

Yusuke awoke that morning to the warmth of Kurama's embrace, the delicious smells of Kuwabara's breakfast, and the low sounds of his grumblings. Smiling a secret, happy smile, he placed a soft, chaste kiss on the lips of his lover, much unlike the ones they had shared the night before. His eyelids fluttering, Kurama returned the kiss, running his hands through Yusuke's mussed hair. Clearing his throat loudly, Kuwabara succeeded in getting their attention. Gesturing wordlessly to the plates on the ground next to them, he continued eating his own meal in silence. Grinning, Kurama sat up, pulled Yusuke with him and said, "Good morning Kuwabara."

"Good morning," came the rough, slightly embarrassed reply. Grinning the red-head pulled the slender form of the Spirit Detective onto his lap and began to hand feed him his breakfast. Yusuke almost purred as he sucked gently on two of Kurama's fingers, eliciting a small chuckle from the older boy, and a quiet choking from the teen sitting alone. Yusuke reached down to the plate and grabbing a small morsel of food, slowly fed it to Kurama, wanting him to get a share of the food too. Ignoring Kuwabara, he leaned in towards his love interest and affectionately licked the remainders of their food off his soft, slightly kiss-swollen lips. Grinning slyly, Kurama reached his tongue out and met Yusuke's, their playful caressing soon turning into a deep, passion-ridden kiss. His face bright red, Kuwabara took the empty plate from the ground and began washing the dishes, leaving one plate out for Hiei, should the small fire demon ever choose to return.

He glanced over surreptitiously a few moments later and his face flared up once more as he caught them still locked in their fiery kiss. Grunting he got up when done and left the two alone, wandering aimlessly around the clearing, being careful to always have his view blocked by trees and making sure there was enough distance for the sounds of their moaning and gasping to be drowned out by the other sounds of the forest.

He was so lost that naturally, when Hiei appeared behind him and spoke his name, he jumped about 3 feet in the air and whirled around quickly, Spirit Sword already crackling in his hand. "Oh," he said relieved. "It's only you, Hiei. Don't scare me like that!"

"Hn, baka!" was all the reply he got. The fire demon stormed past him, heading for the clearing, where he could smell his food awaiting him. "Hiei!" Kuwabara called, a warning note in his low voice. "I wouldn't go in there right now if I were you…" But the little demon ignored him and purposely strode directly into their campsite.

The sight that greeted his eyes froze his blood.

Kurama lay stretched out on the ground, naked from the waist up and Yusuke was sprawled on top of him, his muscular chest also bared. Their faces were mere centimeters apart as they gazed into each other's eyes, then moved in close for an intense kiss. Hands roaming over smooth skin, their mouths moved in unison, with occasional whimpers and whispers escaping.

Hiei's eyes widened in shock and horror and a strangled cry escaped his lips. Hearing the sound, the two lovers broke their kiss and turned passion-hazed eyes upon his slight form. Kurama's eyes cleared the moment they saw his best friend and the look adorning his small face. It was a look of utter despair and torment. A look Kurama had never seen on Hiei's face until this moment. It was as if he was drowning in an endless sea of despair. And now, all of a sudden, with a sinking feeling in his gut, Kurama knew that he was the cause of that look, the cause of that despair and that torment. He half sat up, Yusuke shifting down his body so his face lay on chiseled abs. "Hiei…" he implored, stretching his hand out.

But the only look he got was one of pain and contempt. Snorting, Hiei whirled around before Kurama could see the tell-tale teargems and ran out once more. Kurama gently removed Yusuke's body from his and ran after Hiei. He stopped at the edge of the clearing, realizing it was useless to chase after his fiery friend; he could never be a match for Hiei speed-wise. Sighing, the kitsune boy turned and began walking back towards his confused lover. A glittering on the ground caught his sharp eye and upon bending down he discovered a cluster of shining teargems. He gasped, the sound audible to Yusuke, who reluctantly left their warm, shared bed and sauntered over. Draping himself over the fox's bare back he rested his chin on Kurama's shoulder and peered intently at the gems in his hand.

"What are those?" he asked quietly. "Are they…" he trailed off in amazement. "Yes," his kitsune lover replied. "Their teargems…Hiei's teargems at that." Yusuke let out a low whistle. "Never thought I'd see the day!" he exclaimed, peppering Kurama's immaculate skinned shoulder with kisses. Kurama let a low rumble escape his throat and he threw back his head to allow Yusuke better access to his smooth, creamy throat. The Spirit Detective gladly took advantage of it and sucked lightly at the rapidly reddening skin. Kurama, meanwhile, kept on musing out loud, the vibrations of his throat tickling Yusuke's lips. "What could he possibly be so upset about? I think it's something I've done…but…" He kept on in this manner for many a long minute until he shook himself awake.

"Yusuke," he said gently, prying the younger boy off him. Yusuke let go of his tender throat reluctantly, licking his lips. "What?" he asked, pretending to be annoyed. Kurama smiled at that. "I think it's about time we got dressed and continued our search. You know, we ARE here for a reason." "Damn," the other boy replied, looking at his red-headed lover longingly. "I was hoping you'd forget." And with twin grins, they kissed once more and lazily separated to get dressed.

Ten minutes later they approached Kuwabara and announced they were ready to leave. The three boys gathered up their things and set off, knowing Hiei would return to them when he was ready. As Kurama slipped his one hand into Yusuke's, the other strayed to his pocket where Hiei's teargems were stowed. He rolled the smooth stones between his fingertips, feeling their smooth, perfect shape. They were cool to the touch, and no matter how much he held them or rubbed them, they did not warm up. Yusuke, noticing his distraction, took his hand back and slipped the attached arm around the fox-boy's waist. This succeeded in bringing Kurama back and he soon forgot about the teargems.

Kuwabara walked in front of the pair, being careful not to look back and see the intimacy with which they were entwined. His eyes kept scanning the trees around them for any sign of Hiei. The little demon had been gone awhile, and while Kuwabara knew he could take care of himself, he was worried for them as a team. What if the demon was too strong for the three of them? Despite all their seeming hatred and obvious differences, the four boys actually worked well together as a team. They covered each other's backs and their fighting styles all complemented quite nicely.

Shaking his head, the tall Spirit Sword wielder walked on, shoulders slightly stooped, still trying to think of a way to split the two behind him up.