Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ That Which Remains Unspoken ❯ Chapter V ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That Which Remains Unspoken:

Chapter 5

Hiei returned several hours later, his supply of teargems exhausted for now and scattered all over the Makai forest. More then anything, it was the stench of burning food that had helped him come back to the clearing, not his sense of direction; even though it hadn't failed him yet. Wrinkling his small nose in disgust he yanked the brimming pot off the fire and kicked Kuwabara none to gently in the stomach. "Baka! Wake up!"

Groaning the tall boy threw an arm over his eyes and mumbled something that sounded like 'Go away'. Hiei growled and kicked him harder. Finally, the orange haired boy sat up and looked at him with sleep-fuzzed eyes. "What?" he asked, plainly annoyed. Dryly, the short fire demon held up the pot before him, taking off the lid to let the smell of burnt food waft past the younger boy. Also wrinkling his nose Kuwabara looked sheepishly at Hiei and said, "Oops…heh-heh."

Shaking his head in disgust, Hiei looked over to the other side of the fire and his heart was torn again by what he saw. Kuwabara noticed his gaze and cleared his throat pointedly. Hiei's head snapped around to face him and Kuwabara cringed slightly under his piercing stare. "Hiei…maybe you should just wait a little…" he said quietly, some of his courage returning. Hiei's stare softened slightly, then hardened once again. "And just what do you know about Kurama and I?" he asked scathingly. Kuwabara winced again, now feeling the full force of Hiei's ire, but his stubbornness kicked in and he replied, "I know enough to see that you love him and that you're really hurting because he likes Yusuke…" He trailed off.

"Hn!" Hiei snorted a moment later. "You're smarter then you look!" Kuwabara grinned and took the pot from him, dumping it in the bushes. "Let's see what else Kurama brought to eat," he said, rummaging in the fox-boy's bag once again. Hiei just rolled his eyes and perched himself on a low branch directly above Kurama and Yusuke. His determined stare however, kept flickering downwards to the still sleeping boys below. Kuwabara triumphantly held up some instant noodles and within fifteen minutes had a warm, if somewhat clichéd meal. Calling to Kurama and Yusuke to wake up and eat he silently passed a bowl up to Hiei before they noticed. Hiei silently thanked the big idiot, resolving to be nicer to him in the future, but not too much.

Slowly eating his noodles, he watched with muted anger and sorrow as the two lovers stretched and received their food, never straying far each other's sides. They sat down again, Yusuke sitting in Kurama's lap and feeding him noodles from one of their bowls every once and a while, Kurama doing the same to him. Soft smiles and gentle brushes of hands were exchanged often, and jealousy rose dark and wrathful in the fire demon above. Finishing up his meal and setting his chopsticks in the bowl with a clank, he set the bowl down on the branch and darted off once more into the ever-darkening twilight.

Kurama looked up when he heard the soft chink and Yusuke did the same a moment later. However, all they saw was an empty bowl sitting on a branch. Sighing, Kuwabara rose and took the bowl, stacking his own inside to be washed as soon as Kurama and Yusuke were done. He felt old, older even then the two demons, for it seemed that he was the only one here who saw what must be done. He seemed to be the only one with a head on his shoulders that was not struck dumb by love. Shaking his head he relaxed and waited for the two lovers to finish, all the while plotting on how to break them up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, as he was washing the dishes, he saw the two sneak of surreptitiously into the dusk and link hands as they flitted from tree to tree. Shaking his head regretfully, Kuwabara continued to wash the dishes and pretend he hadn't seen the two leave.

Kurama reached out and captured Yusuke's cool hand with his own warm one. Yusuke squeezed it in recognition, but said nothing. The two walked, hand-in-hand, until they were lost among the tall trees and bushy undergrowth of the Makai forest. They did not realize how long they had been wandering until the forest came to an abrupt end and they found themselves standing on the edge of a steep cliff. Staring out in wonder, Kurama beheld the moon, full, silver, and shining as it cast its pale light on the both of them.

Yusuke saw it too, and glanced over at his newfound love. The silvery light painted his already pale skin a milky white and stained his hair a beautiful light rosy red. His eyes danced as he watched the natural beauty of the orb in front of him and his hand on Yusuke's was reassuring and firm. Yusuke knew he had never seen a sight so beautiful as this boy standing next to him.

Sensing Yusuke's eyes upon him Kurama turned toward the shorter boy and tenderly pulled him into a light embrace. Yusuke lay his head on Kurama's shoulder, head facing inwards, so that with every breath he took, Kurama could feel the warm air tickling his neck and rushing through his hair. They stood like that for what seemed like hours on end, the time standing still and the world stopping around them. Kurama continued to gaze out at the moon then turned back to Yusuke.

Taking a hand and gently raising the Spirit Detective's face up to his he almost gasped as he watched the moonlight play over the other's skin. He seemed to be cast of out the purest silver as the light washed over him and his hair was painted a pale platinum, highlighted with shadows and velvet. Those chocolaty eyes that gazed into his reflected the silver light that he knew was mirrored in his own. Watching the god-like creature in front of him, Kurama knew that it was now or never.

Gently he traced the outline of Yusuke's face with the pad of his thumb, lightly skimming over his brow, his nose, his lips, and finally his chin. Yusuke's mouth parted slightly as his eyelids drooped, covering his eyes halfway so that his dark eyes looked seductive and sultry as he watched Kurama in adoration. Leaning in slightly, Kurama brushed his lips over the smaller boy's, scarcely touching them to the warm mouth beneath in the process. He breathed gently over Yusuke's lips and soon they came in closer and met his in searing kiss. Their lips seemed to mold together as their passions soared and their hands tightened on the other's body. Kurama was lost, drowning in a sea of hot, fiery temptations that scoured his entire body, wanting, needing more of the delicious mouth on his.

Reaching out his tongue he softly probed Yusuke's smooth, pliant mouth and was elated when he was granted easy access. His tongue slipped in and was caught off guard when Yusuke sucked on it swiftly. He moaned softly into the kiss and soon their tongues were entwined, dancing to music, to a rhythm only they could hear. Yusuke, ever so tenderly, ran his hands up and down Kurama's smooth, firm back and whimpered a little when Kurama answered back by dancing his slender fingers up and down his ribcage. They remained locked in their sweet embrace for long moments before, finally, needed air, they parted lips, but kept their hands where they were.

Smiling a soft smile at his lover, Kurama gently stroked his side with one hand and the nape of his neck with the other. Yusuke smiled back up at him, his own hands still rubbing the flat planes of the fox's back. They stared deep into the other's eyes, lost in world of adoration, joy, and starry skies. The moon watched from above, ever quiet as they two boys in sync below danced the dazzling dance of love.