Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle Lord Chronicles: Of Truths and Lies ❯ Christmas Special - Part 1 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.
 
Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Of Truth & Lies
 
Chapter 17
Christmas Special - Part 1
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
'Too...early...' I mentally groan as some early morning sunlight hits my face, effectively, and annoyingly, waking me up. I groan again, though aloud this time, and roll over and bury my face in my blankets. I sigh slightly then, happily warm, when the warmth and the blankets are abruptly ripped away, leaving me to curl up to a ball.
 
...It was then that I remembered that I am part fire demon...and fire demons are immune to the cold...damn...Wait! That's a good thing!
 
I groan a second time and groggily sit up in bed, opening my eyes for the first time this morning. The sight I find is that of my older brother standing at the edge of my bed, my blankets in his hands and an amused expression on his face.
 
"Bastard," I mutter.
 
Jason immediately proceeds to dump my blankets back on my bed and whack me over the head. "Don't speak to your elders that way!" he growls, but amusement can still be heard on his tone.
 
"Alright," I say rolling my eyes. "I'll remember that for when I finally meet one of my 'elders'."
 
Jason once again moves to hit me over the head, but I deftly move out the when and dash out of my room and into the bathroom with a grin on my face.
 
About an hour later I walk out of the bathroom with dripping wet hair and sigh. It had been very relaxing to take a nice long shower. I quickly stride into the kitchen and plop down into one of the chairs. Jason glances up across the table at me before looking back down and continuing to read his book.
 
"You do know what day it is, right?" Jason asks me a few minutes later without looking up.
 
"Of course," I answer, taking another bite of the toast I had been eating. "It's Christmas Eve...HOLY CRAP! IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!"
 
I jump up out of my chair with wide eyes and immediately dash down the hall to my room and begin to change my clothes.
 
You see, Jessica, Chris, Yusuke, Kiara, Kuwabara, Suiichi, Keiko and I (Hiei blatantly refused to come) had decided to have a Christmas party where we all could have fun and exchange gifts. However, since all of us would be spending Christmas Day with our families, we decided to have the party on Christmas Eve. Of course, I have been very exited about this for the past week, so I'm really amazed that I was able to so easily forget exactly what today was this morning! Ah well, life goes on, right?
 
Quickly I glance at my standing mirror as I walk out of my room. I'm wearing a regular pair of blue jeans instead of my traditional black pants and a long-sleeved black shirt. My choker is in place, as it always is, and for once, I have my hair up in a ponytail instead of letting it hang loose.
 
Turning away from my reflection, I make my way back down the hall and into the kitchen. Upon seeing my outfit however, Jason raises an eyebrow.
 
"I thought you were going to dress up nice for the party?" he asks.
 
I give him a wry look in return. "This is me dressing up!" I reply. Upon seeing Jason's flat stare though, I continue, "What were you expecting? Me to wear a dress?" I snort slightly at the absurdity of that last thought.
 
Jason rolls his eyes. "Well, whatever," he grunts. "But why are you going to the party so early?"
 
"First off, it's two O'clock right now," I reply. "And second, I promised to help Keiko to get everything ready.
 
Jason blinks. "So it's at Keiko's?"
 
"Nope, Yusuke's."
 
Jason twitches. "Then why the hell are you and Keiko the ones who are setting everything up?" he growls out.
 
"Can you seriously see Yusuke setting up for a party without burning his entire house down?"
 
"I've never met him, remember?" Jason snaps in reply. "...Actually, I haven't met any of your friends besides Chris and Jessica..."
 
I just shrug. "Well, it's always either that you are busy or that they are busy; it's not really my problem," I say.
 
"Just go already!" Jason says with a sigh. "I'll see you later."
 
"Bye!" I call over my shoulder as I run through the front door, completely forgetting to close it behind me.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
(At Yusuke's House) (5:00 P.M.)
 
"Well," Keiko says with a sigh as she falls ungracefully back onto Yusuke's couch. "It looks like everything is done."
 
I can't help but agree with her as I look around the small house and see the result of all of our hard labor; the house was finally ready for the party! And I had to admit as well that everything looked really good.
 
We had set up and decorated a Christmas tree in the corner of the living room and had strung garland all around the house - and that's just an example of what we did. But in the end, it really did look very...Christmasy...
 
And where are Yusuke and his mother you ask? Well apparently, his mother is out at another party getting drunk or something, but Yusuke is just out collecting all of the "guests" (a.k.a. all of our friend who are coming).
 
DING-DONG!
 
Well, speak of the devil, I'd guess that that's them now.
 
Quickly, and with a large grin on my face, I make my way to the door. Throwing said door open, I'm just about to scream out "Merry Christmas", or something of the like, when I see who it is who is standing there and my eye widen in complete shock, and a little fear.