Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle Lord Chronicles: Of Truths and Lies ❯ Christmas Special - Part 2 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.
 
Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Of Truth & Lies
 
Chapter 18
Christmas Special - Part 2
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Standing there in the doorway with a very pissed off expression on his face is Hiei...in a big red Santa suit, complete with beard and hat. The reason for my fear though? He looked like he could murder the entire ningen population of Japan at that moment and still have anger to spare. He had even started twitching slightly.
 
Wondering why I was just standing in front of the door, staring, Keiko comes up behind me to see who had rung the bell.
 
"Who is i-" she begins and then stops mid-sentence, her mouth dropping open in pure shock. "Oh dear Kami-sama..."
 
I just continue to stare at Hiei for a few more minutes, Keiko still standing behind me in a state of shock, before exactly what I'm seeing finally hits me. I can't help but smother a giggle.
 
Hiei turns his gaze to me - he had started shifting uncomfortably under mine and Keiko's astonished stares - his death glare back in place. "Exactly what is so funny onna?" he asks, a low growl underlining his voice.
 
Holding back a fit of laughter I barely manage out, "Nothing" before clamping my mouth shut again. Behind me I can hear Keiko doing the same thing. Hiei glares at both of us, as if daring us to laugh.
 
Unfortunately, a Santa with a death glare is extremely hilarious; I just couldn't hold it in any more. I burst out laughing.
 
...5 minutes later...
 
Gasping for breath, my full-blown laughter finally subsides. Wiping a few tears from my eyes, I clear my vision enough to see Hiei...and almost wish I hadn't.
 
Hiei's face is red - though whether from anger or embarrassment I can't tell - and he has started to twitch. Suddenly realizing that my life is in very grave danger, I immediately rush through the doorway to the outside, bowling over a slightly surprised Hiei in the process.
 
Not caring where I was going I just ran in a random direction down the street. Even after a few minutes though, I could here Hiei chasing me and started cursing quietly. For a damn ningen, the dude sure is fast.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
(1 hour later)
 
After about 30 minutes of Hiei chasing me, 15 minutes of Yusuke and Chris trying to convince Hiei that it was okay to let me live, 10 minutes of Yusuke, Suiichi, Hiei - who was still throwing glares at me -, and I traveling back to Yusuke's house, and another five minutes of Keiko herding all of us into the living room, we are all finally ready and settled down.
 
Yusuke, Keiko, Suiichi, and Jessica all sat on the couch (in that order) while Kuwabara sat in one chair and Chris sat in the one across from him. Much to my displeasure, Hiei took the window seat, so instead I spread myself out over both seats of the love seat. I had to admit, for not being in a window seat, I was quite comfortable.
 
"Well," Keiko begins, clapping her hands together excitedly. "Let's begin with opening the gifts!"
 
Simultaneously, all eight heads snapped toward the Christmas tree, which was standing in the corner of the room with piles of colorful presents under it.
 
Instantly, an insane grin spreads over my face. "WHOO-HOO! PRESENTS!" I scream in delight and dive in the direction of the tree.
 
Emphasis on in the direction of the tree.
 
CRASH!
 
Jessica sighs. "Who gave her ice cream?" she asks as everyone stares at my crumpled form on the floor from where I had crashed head-on into a wall.
 
Hiei just stares blankly at me. "Hn. Baka onna."
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
I grinned down at the opened presents in front of me. I couldn't believe that everyone had gotten me nearly exactly what I had wanted.
 
I had received 2 CDs from Yusuke - both rock of course -, an Educational Video from Keiko - that I couldn't help but cringe at -, a potting plant kit from Suiichi - including seeds that he guaranteed would grow very quickly and last a long time -, a creepy kitten poster from Kuwabara - I didn't know where it had come from and frankly, I really didn't want to find out -, a tub of delicious sweet snow from Chris - already half gone...What? It's good stuff! -, and a pair of black fire-resistant gloves (though everyone besides Jessica, Chris, and I thought that they were just regular gloves) from Jessica.
 
The only person who I haven't received anything from is Hiei. But of course, I had honestly expected him to give anyone anything; he's just not that type of guy. I'm surprised he even came to this party, after all he had blankly refused to come when we asked him. Speaking of which...
 
"Hey Hiei," I begin. "You said that you weren't coming, so why did you show up? And in a Santa suit no less."
 
Hiei lets out a low growl and Yusuke and Kuwabara begins howling with laughter.
 
After they calm down Yusuke replies, "That would be my handiwork. I was able to uh...blackmail...him to come to the party, and to come dressed like that."
 
I blinked at this. What in the seven levels of hell could he have blackmailed Hiei with? Oh well, the point is that he's here now. He even received a few presents from some of us.
 
I had gotten one as well and fortunately had brought it with me, thinking I could ask Suiichi or someone to give it to Hiei. It was now lying on his lap as he began to unwrap it.
 
I watch Hiei's eyes widen as he tears of the wrapping paper, realizing a shining new katana. A smirk crosses my face at his stunned expression; I was hoping to get a reaction like this. The old katana that he sometimes carried around had looked pretty well used so I had thought that getting him a new one would be a good idea.
 
I quickly glance away as Hiei looks my way, not wanting him to know that I had been watching his reaction. 'Seems like he noticed though,' I think as I feel his burning gaze on my back.
 
Shrugging it off, I continue my conversation with Jessica and Yusuke.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
(Later that night)
 
Several hours later all of us were thoroughly exhausted and ready to go home. As each of just as I was beginning to follow everyone else to the door where we were saying good-bye to Yusuke, Hiei abruptly grabs onto my upper arm, holding me in place.
 
"What?" I ask irritably, tiredness making me cranky.
 
"Hn. Meet me in front of the school."
 
I blink as Hiei lets me go and then proceed to push his way out of the door before vanishing in the night. I simply shrug at Hiei's message though; I have to pass the school to get home anyway. But then again, why does Hiei need to speak with me there?
 
I shrug again and finish bidding Yusuke and everyone else a goodnight.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
About 10 minutes later the dark form of the school building comes into sight. As I come closer I can see Hiei leaning against the chain link fence right in front of the building.
 
I stop just before him. "What is it?" I ask, curiosity entering my voice.
 
"Hn. Merry Christmas."
 
Hiei walks forward, shoves something into my hand, and then quickly walks away, once again disappearing into the night. I take a step after him and then stop with sigh. There no way I'll be able to find him, not in this darkness.
 
I sigh a second time, then slowly open my hand to see what Hiei had given me, and immediately gasp. It is pendant on a simple chain, but the pendant is simply gorgeous.
 
It has a sword with its blade down (so the chain goes through the hilt) and with two dragons, one black and one gold, twining and twisting upwards around the blade so that their heads are resting on either side of the hilt. It's simply amazing.
 
Mouth still agape, I slowly reach up and clasp it around my neck. I continue to stare at it for another minute before I finally snap out of my reverie and begin to once again make my way home.
 
This has been one...interesting...Christmas Eve.