Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle Lord Chronicles: Of Truths and Lies ❯ Enter Jin and Touya! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Kiara is owned by Yusuke'sSister.
 
Claimer: I do own the plot line, the Kuro Tournament, Kristy, Jason, Jessica, Chris, Bashere, and Rhurac.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Of Truth & Lies
 
Chapter 19
Enter Jin and Touya!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
(One Week Later)
 
Another week passed and another just another week closer to the Kuro Tournament.
 
I can't help but I sigh as I walk into my apartment and close the door behind me. Dropping my school bag on the floor, I make my way into the kitchen.
 
"Jason! I'm home from school!" I call out.
 
"Great!" Jason says, his head popping through the doorway to the living room. "We can go soon then."
 
I freeze in the middle of dropping down into one the kitchen chairs. "Go?" I ask. "Where?"
 
"Chris' " Jason answers from wherever he is in the living room. "His father offered to train you a little bit."
 
"Really? That's awesome!" I say, immediately perking up.
 
"Yeah, now let's go!"
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
(At Chris' house)
 
Finally reaching the small house that Chris lives in with his father, I knock on the door. Chris opens it and smiles as he sees that it is Jason and I.
 
"Come in!" he says and leads my brother and I into the living room where is father is.
 
"Konichiwa, Rawl-san," I say, bowing politely. "It is good to see you again." Jason mirrors my actions.
 
"And it is good to see you two too!" Mr. Rawl says with a chuckle, bowing as well.
 
Mr. Rawl is certainly an interesting man, and even more so now that I know that he is a demon. He has thick light brown hair that, now that I really look at it, has a blue tint to it and piercing sky blue eyes. He also looks extremely young; no more than thirty or so.
 
Suddenly I let out a slight gasp; I haven't seen Mr. Rawl in over 5 years, but he still looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him!
 
Upon hearing my gasp, everyone - Jason, Chris, and Mr. Raw that is - turns to me. Mr. Rawl seems to read my mind when he sees my shocked face.
 
"You're surprised that I haven't aged, no?" he asks. I can do little but nod numbly. "Well, I must say I'm surprised that your brother hasn't explained it to you yet."
 
"Explained what to her, sir?" Jason asks, confusion crossing his features.
 
Mr. Rawl turns to him, truly shocked. "You mean you don't know either?!" he cries out and then sighs.
 
"Well I suppose your parents...passed on...before they could properly explain it to you." He then slowly sank into one of the living room chairs and motions for all of us to do the same. "You see, demons, and even humans with some demonic blood in them, age much more slowly than ningens. The average demon can live around a thousand years, though most are killed before then if they are not powerful enough."
 
"But how come both Jason and I have aged at the same rate as humans?" I ask. "And Chris and Jessie have too!"
 
"That's the other part of it," Mr. Rawl continues. "All demons age at the same rate as humans until their 18th birthday. At that point their aging begins to slow down, though it obviously isn't that noticeable for several years." He then turns to Jason and says, "You may have noticed that you haven't changed much in the last few years."
 
Slowly, Jason nods in reply, understanding spreading over his face. Mr. Rawl grins widely and then turns his attention back to me.
 
"Now about your training-" he begins, but is cut off by a knock on the front door. Blinking as if confused, Mr. Rawl quickly gets up and walks over to the door. Upon opening it he greets the knocker, "How can I-- Touya!"
 
I peek around Mr. Rawl and am greeted by an interesting site. Standing there is a man - who I gather is Touya - who has ice blue hair with mint green side bangs and piercing blue eyes. He's also wearing a very...interesting...outfit. A toga would be the only way I could really describe it.
 
"I'm guessing that this is the right house then," a light and carefree voice suddenly says from behind this "Touya". Touya shifts slightly so that the owner of the voice in view.
 
He turns out to be yet another interesting character. He has messy red hair and sky blue eyes, but what really catches me off guard is the two little horns sitting on top of his head. My face goes blank and I can do little other than stare ahead.
 
"Jin too? How nice to see both of you again," Mr. Rawl continues.
 
"Huh?" Chris comes up next to me and also peeks around his dad. "Who...?"
 
Mr. Rawl just smiles at the two strange figures. "Come in! Come in!" he says, quickly waving both of them into the house.
 
They step inside, the door closing behind them, but Touya stops when he sees me, his ice blue eyes narrowing in a freezing glare that challenged even Hiei's. I quickly dodge his glare and turn questioning gaze to Mr. Rawl. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Chris doing the same.
 
Mr. Rawl sweatdrops. "Ah yes, I suppose I should explain..." he chuckles slightly. "Touya here is Chris' cousin."
 
Chris lets out a gasp of disbelief. "What?! I thought that no one knew we were here!" he says, however, his shock quickly turns into anger. "How come you never told me? I would think that at the very least-"
 
"Quiet! Quiet!" Mr. Rawl quickly cuts his son off. "For one thing, you did meet Touya once when you were younger, but just don't remember it. As for why I haven't reminded you or mentioned him-Well, I suppose it just slipped my mind."
 
Chris twitches slightly and begins muttering under his breath, but other than that says nothing in reply.
 
"Now," Mr. Rawl continues. "Jin is a friend and comrade of Touya's. I first met him several years ago when I visited Makai for a short time."
 
"Hn," Touya grunts, still glaring at Jason and I (We had migrated back into the living room during some point in our conversation). "And them?"
 
"This is Kristy and Jason," Mr. Rawl explains. "And don't worry, they happen to be demons as well." Mr. Rawl grins at Jin who had been self-consciously rubbing his horns.
 
Touya however narrows his eyes even further. "I can sense no youki(1) coming from either of them,"
 
"Suppression," Jason states simply, not flinching away from Touya's burning gaze.
 
"Impossible. I am well trained in sensing energy. Even if you were suppressing your energy, I would be able to sense something."
 
"We've been hiding our energy our entire lives just to stay alive. Besides, unlike you two we actually do have human forms. And these forms completely mask any demonic energy we have, basically making us humans while we still possess these forms."
 
Touya and Jason begin glaring at each other, neither showing any signs of letting up, while Jin blinks in the background. Mr. Rawl sighs and Chris and I sweatdrop.
 
"Well..." Mr. Rawl begins, effectively cutting off the "glaring contest". "It really is great to see the two of you, but I must ask why are you here?"
 
"We're mainly just dropping by to say hello, but also to ask you something," Jin replies. "Have you heard of the Kuro Tournament?"
 
"Indeed I have," Mr. Rawl answers with a grave nod, his gaze flickering to Jason and I for a moment.
 
"Eh?" Jin asks, noticing Mr. Rawl's gaze.
 
"I must agree," Touya intervenes. "Exactly who are these two and what do they have to do with the Tournament?
 
Mr. Rawl lets out an irritated sigh before focusing on Touya. He seems to be trying to figure what to say to Touya and Jin. After another moment, he lets out another sigh.
 
"Well first of all, you might want to sit down."
 
As soon as we all have done so, sitting on various chairs and couches throughout the moderately sized living room, Mr. Rawl turns to Jason. Jason nods, understanding what he means and begins to explain.
 
"Have you ever heard of Bashere?" Jason asks.
 
"Aye," Jin answers gravely while Touya remains impassive. "He's an extremely powerful demon lord, and a damn blood thirsty one at that."
 
Jason nods. "Now, have you ever heard of Rei and Shantel?"
 
"Rei was another powerful demon lord." Jin says. "Shantel was his mate. They were killed about 12 years ago by Bashere." A confused look suddenly takes over Jin's face. "But what does this have to do with anything?"
 
"Rei and Shantel were our parents," Jason answers with a sigh, pointing to him and I.
 
Touya's eyes narrow - again - and slight growl surfaces in his throat. "I've never heard that they had children."
 
"Well, yeah," Jason rolls his eyes. "Bashere would have killed us if he had known of us. Therefore, we had to keep our identities hidden and live as ningens for as long as we could."
 
"Then why are you starting to come out into the open now?"
 
"Isn't that obvious? Bashere has found us."
 
Jin is looking back and forth between Touya and my brother, absolutely confused. "Wait! Wait! Wait!" he cries, throwing his arms up. "I still don't get what this has to do with the Kuro Tournament!"
 
Both Jason and Touya roll their eyes.
 
"Hn."
 
Jason sighs exasperatedly at Touya before turning to Jin. "Bashere is the sponsor for this tournament. He has invited Kristy and I to compete - to kill us off, of course. I'm guessing that Reikai is starting to pick up demonic signatures and that Bashere would rather involve the Spirit Detectives as little as possible. I've heard that Spirit Detectives of King Enma - or Koenma or whoever - has become very good.
 
Jin nods with a happy smile on his face. "Aye! They are! They were able to beat our team at the last Dark Tournament."
 
"What? You were in the last Dark Tournament?" I ask surprised.
 
"Yep!"
 
Jason nods as well, a far off look on his face. As soon as he "comes back to earth" he starts grinning wickedly.
 
"Well," Jason begins. "You both seem to be pretty powerful so I have a proposition for you two."
 
This catches Jin and - amazingly - Touya's attention.
 
"As you know, the Kuro Tournament requires that each team has at least five fighters. At this point we only have four."
 
"Yes," Jin says cautiously, prompting Jason to continue.
 
"Would you two like to come with us as our fifth and six fighters?"
 
Jin and Touya exchange looks and seem to be thinking it over. Finally, they both nod and Jin bows, "We would be honored."
 
Jason grins happily. "Great!"
 
"One thing," Touya says all of the sudden, pulling everyone's attention to him. "Watch out for the Spirit Detectives. We fought them in the Dark Tournament and they are powerful." I hold back a snicker as Touya says the last part grudgingly - this guy seems more and more like Hiei! " They also should be open and happy to have strong opponents."
 
Once more, I'm confused. "You say that as if you're sure that they'll be in the Kuro Tournament."
 
Touya turns his piecing gaze on me. "That's because I am."