Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ Defense Against the Dark Arts ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I haven't won the lottery yet so Yu Yu Hakusho is still not mine….

With Potions out of the way for two weeks thanks to the twin duo of Yukina and Hiei the only other subject they would have to worry about would have to be Defense Against the Dark Arts, which they unfortunately had right after Potions. It wasn't the subject they were worried about. All of them were looking forward to the defense. The problem was the teacher. Another unfortunate thing was they had it with the Slytherins.

Making their way toward the DADA classroom the Renkai Tentai and their friends were deep in conversation. Actually the Renkai Tentai was listening while Hermione chatted their ears off. " I wonder what type of spell that was, I never saw it before. It must be a very powerful spell to freeze the entire dungeon like it did. The teachers can't even get it melted. I have to look up on it after class or during lunch." Looking curiously at Hermione, Ron silently agreed with her. Harry on the other hand was looking at the exchange students wondering why they were so quiet or in question not gossiping about what happened. Deciding it was none of his business he decided to leave it alone.

They arrived into Prof. Umbridge's classroom very early and took their pick of the seats. Hermione was trying to get in the front, but both Kurama and Yukina beat her to it (the good students that they are). They had decided to sit in the front while they left both Yusuke and Hiei sitting together in the back of the class. Little did they know that was the worst thing they could have done. As soon as the last person filed through the door the class started.

On the board were the coarse aims, which everyone had to copy down. With Hiei's super speed he was easily the first one finished. The professor rose to the front of the room asking the class if they had a copy of the book for the class. The class murmured yes. "Excuse me," she said, "but when I ask you a question you say Yes Professor Umbridge, No Professor Umbridge now let's try that again. Do you have a copy of the book?" The class answered "Yes Professor Umbridge." Although if one listened careful enough you could hear two voices in the back saying "hai baka sensei" Both Yukina and Kurama turned around to glare at the two demon lords.

"Class I want you to put away your wands and read chapter 1. We'll discuss questions when your finished." Kurama's, Yukina's, Hiei's and Hermione's hand automatically went into the air. Pointing at Yukina's hand she said tell me your name and ask your question.

"My name is Yukina Jaganshi and I've already finished reading the chapter." Hermione's hand automatically went down.

"Then read the next chapter," she answered.

"I've read the whole book professor," she answered.

"Then stay quiet and look over the book to make sure you know the work." This phrase quieted Yukina instantly which brought on a death glare from Hiei's and Kurama's direction. Turning to Kurama she said, "Yes Mr." She passed waiting for him to continue.

"Kurama Minamino," he said "I have a question about the course aims." Knowing that Kurama was going to answer his question he put his hand down eager to barbeque Umbridge for embarrassing his sister. "I was wondering why we aren't going to perform the spells in class."

"Well Mr. Minamino, As long as you have studied the theory hard enough, you should be able to perform the spell when you have your exam," She said.

"You mean the first time we perform the spells will be during the exam," yelled out Yusuke.

"Yes, if you study the theory good enough," Harry, shouting, then cut her off.

" And what's good theory going to do in the real world."

"This is school Mr.Potter you shouldn't expect dark wizards to barge in any minute. Besides dark material such as this talk are not prohibited at the school."

At this phrase, Hiei interrupted her shouting, "Dark material is my specialty, I'm it myself."

Turning to Hiei she said, "Well Mr. Jaganshi maybe you should learn to respect the school's rules and teachers in detention tomorrow afternoon at 5.

Harry turned to Hiei watching him and shouted out, "shouldn't we be ready for what's out there." Umbridge questioned his phrase, "Like Voldermort," Smiling to the class she said it was all a BIG lie. "Then Cedric Diggory dropped down on his own accord did he." While the class turned to him in shock, Hiei had a smirk on his face while Yusuke was shouting , "You go Harry."

"Well then Mr. Potter perhaps you should think over you're priorities in detention joining Mr. Jaganshi huh." Fortunately or unfortunately the bell rang saving Umbridge from the unfortunate event of being barbequed by a vengeful Hiei.

Running out the door they ran into Prof. McGonagall head of Gryffindor. Seeing their faces she figured it didn't go well. "Mr. Jaganshi, Ms. Jaganshi, Mr. Minamino, and Mr. Urameshi please report to the Quidditch field with your 'gifts'." With that remark she left them confused. Running up to them, Harry, Ron, and Hermione started asking them questions. Turning to Hiei she let a barrage of questions, which he promptly ignored. Harry thanked Yusuke and Hiei for backing him up while Yukina and Kurama kept saying that they shouldn't have had such an outburst even though she deserved it. Remembering McGonagall's statement they rushed to their dorm to open up their gift.

As they entered their dorm room Hiei went to check on Fiore. Seeing he was okay and growing quickly he turned to the others who were opening the boxes from Koenma. "There's a letter inside," said Yukina as she tore upon the envelope.

"Dear Renkai Tentai, The great Koenma here. I decided to send you your own brooms because Hiei might accidently set the others on fire. Each one is made for a specific person. I believe you could figure out which one's whose." Grumbling to himself he burned the boxes. Two brooms fell out of each box. One was Ice blue with darker blue broom twigs. On it had red lettering spelling out Avalanche (Yukina's). One was green with blue twigs. It had the word Spirit written in black (Yusuke's). The next one had cat-eye yellow twigs with a red body. In silver letters the word Thief was written out across (Kurama's). The last one was black with blood red twigs. On the side were the words Hellfire written in dark orange. The brooms each had a certain gem next to words. On Yukina's it had a Sapphire. On Spirit it had an Emerald. Theif it had a diamond while on Hellfire it had a ruby.

Taking up their brooms they made their way to the Quidditch field, they met some Gryffindors mainly Harry, Ron, and Hermione, one Ravenclaw, 3 Hufflepuff and Draco Malfoys group from Slytherin. Malfoy had his broom with him. After learning how to fly (though they had the speed to go faster than a firebolt excluding Yukina) they decided they might as well try out for the team. All that time Hiei found the perfect way to embarrass Malfoy.

"Oi ningen," called Hiei pointing his finger toward Malfoy. "Race." It wasn't a question it was a command.

"Sure," said Malfoy. He smirked getting onto his Nimbus 2001. Shaking his head Hiei mounted Hellfire, "I'll give you a head start." Malfoy thought that he was crazy but thought that he was being cocky so he said why not. After 3 seconds Hiei shot after Malfoy only on speed 2. He sped past him leaving a trail of fire behind him. After finishing the race it was safe to say Malfoy was pissed off.

"What the hell is that broom made of?" he asked. "None of your business," Hiei answered. Yukina then walked up to Hiei to tell him to leave him alone when Malfoy grabbed her. That was all it took, in less than a second both Kurama and Hiei were up in his face. It took all their restraint to keep their weapons hidden. "Never touch her again," they said in unison, "got it." Instead of answering Malfoy did the only smart thing he ran off Nimbus 2001 in his hand. Yukina hoped he had learned his lesson. Hiei and the other hand was far from finished with him. And he knew that if he asked both Yusuke and Kurama would gladly help him.

I am so so so sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out. It was originally supposed to go out yesterday. As school gets closer the chapters will get harder to get up but I will try my best.

I thank all of you for reviewing and as a spoiler Keiko will be in the chapter after next. Thank you all so much.

Please Review.

-Jaganshi_Summoner/Ryu Kokoro