Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ Surprises, surprises, and have i said surprises ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I would love to own them, but sadly I don't..

Harry and Ron had grown closer to the Renkai Tentai since they had pulled that trick on Malfoy. They were talking about it all night until Hiei had threatened them that he would like even a little peace and quiet that night. Unknown to them that day would change their whole look on Hogwarts. The Great Hall was filled to the brim that morning with everyone gathering for their 3rd day of class. Not even Hiei could have guessed the surprises that were in store for them. Dumbledore stood up with his arms raised for silence and his voice echoed through the hall even though it was low. "Today we have been gifted with one more exchange student, she comes from the others old school if you wanted to know." All while he was saying this Yusuke was repeating one word in his head; no. "Please welcome to Hogwarts Keiko Ukimora." The whole Hall was caught up in polite applause. Thanks to his demon hearing Yusuke was able to hear some comments about how fine she looked or something along that sort of line.

Getting up and grabbing Keiko's hand he glared at Malfoy who was looking at Keiko in interest and said to the whole Hall. "I don't care which House she's in, but if anyone dare messes with my girlfriend I'll see to it that you'll never find a girl friend or any other type of friend for that matter." The whole Hall was quite while Umbridge gave a very disapproving look and would have said something if it wasn't for the glare McGonagall was giving her. Seeing that everyone had heard him he let go of Keiko so she could go to the sorting hat.

"Well, well, well you're the demon lord's girl friend, very impressive. You have a lot of courage to have gone to that tournament as well. Even though he didn't say it if I put you in another house I know I won't live to sort another year so lets put you in GRYFFINDOR."

Keiko happily made her down to Yusuke as Dumbledore stood up and raised his arms for silence once more. In addition to a new student we have two new teachers, well assistants really. Please welcome Professor Genkai(spelling?) and Professor Karasu. Professor Genkai will be assisting Professor Umbridge and Professor Karasu will be assisting Professor Snape. And yes Professor Umbridge, you need this assistant I have a lot of complaints about you from students Gryffindors especially. All that time the whole Renkai Tentai were staring at Genkai wondering how did they get her to agree to come her; Kurama was worried about an old 'friend' of his. Thankfully they wouldn't have Potions until next week. They did on the other hand have Defense Against the Dark Arts that day. The only Gryffindors looking forward to that was the Renkai Tentai.

The whole group made their way from Herbology as Yusuke introduced Keiko to Harry and Ron. They had DADA right after Herbology (aka Kurama's favorite subject) and they were wondering where they were in a rush to go to it. Starting at one of the hallways they started to run to the class to get a good seat when Genkai started teaching. Yusuke especially was up for the challenge of getting taught by her once again. Bursting into the room and dragging Harry and Ron behind them they saw that the desks had been replaced with tables. The whole Renkai Tentai sat by one while Harry and Ron sat with Hermione, Dean, and Neville.

"Alright people," said Genkai. "It took me a while to convince your teacher to at least let me train you in physical fitness. If you want to actually train with me you'll have to survive life or death situations just ask Yusuke." The class turned to the demon lord in curiosity.

"Are you sure that you convinced her or did you threaten her," asked Yusuke as he looked at his teacher.

"I'm surprised you asked me that question dimwit, I thought they meant the same to you." Umbridge stood up and was about to the take control of the class when Genkai took out her wand and all the desks stacked up to one side of the room. "Alright, class," she waved her wand and mats appeared on the ground, "I want 65 push ups." The whole class looked at her like she was crazy. "Well get on with it." The Renkai Tentai was about to get down on the ground when Genkai said, "Yukina, Keiko both of you do 110 (Hiei and Yusuke had trained them a bit). The class stopped their push-ups and turned to look at her with a surprised look. "You three will do 500 of them and one-handed at that." She knew that it was little work to them to do 500 one-handed push-ups. The Renkai Tentai got down on the ground and started doing their push-ups, they had finished before anyone else as well. After doing other exercise they had started to learn how to throw a punch. Half the class could barely lift their arm after the lesson.

"That was a good lesson," said Yukina as she and the rest of them made their way to the Gryffindor common room before lunch.

"Good lesson, she tried to kill us," said Ron as they climbed their way up the stairs.

"That's nothing," said Yusuke, "that's not even quart of how hard she used to go down on me when I was her student." Kurama laughed remembering how Yusuke had been out sleeping from the time on the ship to the last fight of the first round. They parted at the dormitories. It seemed that Keiko would be bunking with them as well. They all went into (different) bathrooms to take a shower.

The day was beginning to come to a good close when their free last period was interrupted when Snape came charging into the classroom. "Until the dungeons have been defrosted this will be your classroom so please take out your quills and paper and start taking notes about the Draught of Peace's full extent.

He turned around and was about to raise his wand to write on the board when he heard a voice behind him saying, "wouldn't it be better to take them outside so they can see the ingredients of the potion in their natural habitat. You have lots of time." It was the truth they had 3 and a half hours until class ended for the day. Kurama paled as the owner of the voice walked through the door. Gulping he took his textbook and brought it as close to his face as it could get.

"Fine," said Snape. The only reason he agreed was because he didn't want to know what would happen to him if he said 'no' to Karasu. The closer they got to the Forbidden Forest the closer the girls in the class edged to Karasu. Even Hermione wanted to get closer to him. Kurama on the other hand wanted to get as far away from Karasu as possible. The thought of him running his fingers through his hair like he did last time made cold shivers run down his spine. The other Renkai Tentai had the same idea. They didn't know why he was here in the first place. The only person who could have given him permission to come to the Human World and enter as a Hogwarts instructor was Koenma.

It wasn't until half way through the trip did Karasu decide to approach them. The closest person to him was Yukina who didn't notice him. Unfortunately a certain fox spirit did notice him approaching. A low growl filled the area, the students were wandering what kind of creature made the sound while Karasu and the Renkai Tentai knew that the sound was made from a very protective kitsune. "So, the pretty boy is protective of the girl. I'll have to make a note of that." Edging closer to him he knew that Kurama could sense him. He was about to put his hand on his shoulder when Kurama turned around and grabbed his hand. The rest of the Renkai Tentai stopped to see what was going on. Fortunately, they were the last in the line and nobody noticed they gone, except for three people. Ron, Harry, and Hermione stopped to see what was going on between the new kids and the new teacher.

"Kurama what are you doing," said Hermione as they turned around to see Kurama holding the teacher's wrist in the air.

Turning to the kids Karasu told them, "Go with the rest of the group, I need to talk to them." Ron grabbed Harry and dragged him away with Hermione to go and hide to use the Extendable Ears Fred and George gave them. They were looking for a good place to hide when they heard Karasu call after them, "don't even try to use that eavesdropping equipment you have they won't work." Sure enough all they heard at the end of the Extendable Ears was static. When they tried to hear what they were saying they couldn't understand a word because they were talking in Japanese.

"So why are you here," asked Kurama as he let Karasu's hand go. The former Tuguro team member drew something out of his pocket and handed it to them.

"I was going to give this you, but it seems that you tried to avoid me all day." He smirked remembering how he was approaching Kurama in the hallway when he practically ran down the hallway hand in hair ready to get his rose whip out.

Kurama ripped it open almost tearing the letter.

Dear Renkai Tentai,

It's me the great Koenma here. I've given Karasu life and sent Genkai because I taught you might need some back up. Problems have occurred up here in the Spirit World. The last Makai Whistle has been stolen. I've sent Kuwabara to go and retrieve it. If you remember Touya from team Masho, I've sent him with Kuwabara. Please look out for anything strange going on though. If there is something going on please do not keep it to yourself and send a letter.

The Great Koenma

"So pacifier breath sent you and grandma to help us out and give us some advice," said Yusuke as he grabbed the letter from Kurama and proceeded to read it himself. "I thought that last Whistle was the one I destroyed."

Karasu shook his head and said, " Koenma had one more but he refused to destroy it and instead put it in the royal vault."

"YOU'RE TELLING ME I RISKED MY BUTT OUT THERE FIGHTING SUZAKU, AND HE HAD ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE THINGS HIDDEN AWAY," Yusuke shouted so loud thankfully in Japanese that some birds flew out of the trees.

"Hush," said Karasu as he looked into the sky. "Both Genkai and myself will be here if anything shows up, so please do not run from me in the hallway again," he said this mainly in Kurama's direction.

"Excuse me," said Yukina making everyone jump, "but we have to hurry if we don't want the rest of the class to notice we're missing." Nodding in agreement Hiei started to walk back to the castle with Yukina right behind of him. The rest of the spirit detectives followed.

When they got back to the Great Hall Professor Dumbledore was getting ready to make an announcement. As they got into their seats Harry, Ron, and Hermione started to ask them 20 questions. Kurama was getting a really big headache but thankfully Hiei ended their charade with a quick 'you better shut up before I make you'.

"Well we have good news," said Dumbledore interrupting everyone. "We were fortunate enough to have enough time in our schedules to plan a Halloween costume party. You can begin to make your costumes now because we will be having a contest on the best costume." The Renkai Tentai just stared there taking in the news.

Fortunately Yukina was the one to break the silence, "So when are we going to start planning our costumes."

Note: I got a review from this person (didn't even leave me a name) *asking * why I took Kuwa out of the story at the beginning and why did I make Yukina a jaganshi. (notice the astrics on asking) First off, I know that Yukina isn't a jaganshi she needed a last name and Yukina and Hiei are siblings so shouldn't they have the same last name. Further more as you read in this chapter the Makai Whistle has been released. Koenma needed someone to stay back and defend the Whistle when Yusuke and the others left. He knew if he told Yusuke, that the spirit detective would have most likely blown up on him on the spot. Hiei would not have followed the orders and you'll find out the reason for Kurama later on in the story. So Koenma made up the most passable excuse so the others wouldn't be suspicious. There. Now do you understand.

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. I had problems logging into my account and added to the fact that I was working on my home page. Oh well thanks to all who have reviewed and signed the guestbook on my page. If you don't know the address is demonmagic.freewebpage.org you don't put www.

-Jaganshi_Summoner/ Ryu Kokoro