Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ High Inquisitor and planning the costumes ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing so don't sue.

The days went by slowly especially for Kurama who didn't trust Karasu one bit. Out of all their classes they looked forward to Transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts the most courtesy of Genkai. Harry was glad for Genkai too because it prevented him from getting into trouble with Umbridge. Hiei on the other hand was thoroughly pissed off because both teachers he wanted to fry had a very powerful Spirit user on their side. But then again he could probably make a deal with Karasu because like Gryffindors he hated Snape with a vengence.

The class Hiei hated most had to be Divination. On the first week Professor Trelawny must have prophesied his death at least 15 times. After class, Harry had come up to the others to tell them that Professor Trelawny's weird welcome to her class. Not giving Hiei a proper excuse to let her off the hook with annoying him, Yukina had to make him promise not to fry her. And of course Yusuke, and Kurama had to sit by him in Divination to make sure that he didn't go back on his word.

A few weeks after school began the front page of the Daily Prophet caught the Renkai Tentai's eye. Ignoring Hermione's scolding as he grabbed the paper from Hermione's stack of mail, he unfolded the paper and stared at it not believing what he was reading.

"Hiei what is it?" asked Kurama as he looked at his bewildered friend. The only response he got was an 'Oh hell no.' Looking over the fire youkai shoulder he let his mouth hang open as he read the front cover.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM

DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST-EVER "HIGH INQUISITOR"

Finally Hiei got the nerve to speak and fortunately he spoke in Japanese, "you're telling me that, that poor excuse for a human is going to be able to make the rules here, what happened to the headmaster." The rest of the Renkai Tentai looked at Hiei has he heard them cursing Umbridge in Japanese. Their English friends looked more curious than understanding. Kurama politely took the paper from Hiei's hands and showed it to them. They had the same reaction has he did. Three mouths hanged open over the front page of the Daily Prophet.

"It says here that as the high-inquisitor she can check teachers out to see if their suited to teach and can fire them if need be. But it says here that she can't fire the two new assistants. I wonder why?" that was Hermione filling them in on some of the article.

"The good thing about it is that we we'll be having DADA with just Professor Genkai but she'll be checking out two of the classes we'll be having. Their Potions, on this Harry and Ron groaned, and Transfiguration. We're having Potions and Snape must be furious because of what's going on. I don't like that new teacher either. So, in other words we'd better not be late. Taking that note, both gangs got up and quickly walked to the dungeons which had been miraculously brought back to it's normal atmosphere in less than half a week *cough, cough Karasu cough*.

The spirit detectives had surprisingly reached the dungeons first to see if they could talk to a certain spirit magic user. "Karasu what in the world is going on," said Kurama as he saw him outside of the first dungeon.

"I don't know but from now on if we're seen talking like this someone will get suspicious so both myself and Genkai will meet you in your dorm tonight. Understand." They nodded as they made their way into the classroom where the worst Potions lesson of their lives would take place.

"That went well," said Kurama sarcastically as they made their way to Transfiguration. They made their way in and sat down in the front of the class. Unlike Professor Snape, McGonagall did not like interruptions from anyone unless it was a good reason. They began the class like usual, getting their wands and books out and sat down quietly waiting for instructions.

Professor Umbridge walked into the classroom at least 20 minutes late. The class turned to her but quickly turned back to pay attention to Professor McGonagall. "Hem," said Umbridge as she cleared her throat to get their attention. Ignoring her McGonagall continued to teach the class how to change their desks into small dogs. "Hem, hem," said Umbridge yet again a little longer.

"Professor Umbridge what is it that you want. You have interrupted my class, and arrived exceptionally late is there anything that you need to add to that list." Smirking at Umbridge Hiei and Yusuke had to control themselves for giving an out loud applause to McGonagall.

"Well, you know that I am the high inquisitor at Hogwarts now and that I have to interview the teachers while they work so today is your turn," said Umbridge as she smirked.

"And your point is," said the Professor as she turned back to teaching. A furious Umbridge scribbled something on her notepad, but kept quiet for the rest of the lesson.

At the end of the class after the students left both the Renkai Tentai and Harry's group made their way to McGonagall's desk. "Hey Professor," said Yusuke as he made his way to her. "That was some way to show that poor excuse of a teacher." Hiei, Kurama, Keiko, and Yukina, nodded in agreement. "Hey if she ever does anything to you we'll deal with her. You're our favorite teacher and coming from me that's something."

"Thank you Mr. Urameshi, Mr. Minamino, Mr. and Ms. Jaganshi. I really appreciate the support at the moment, everyone is in an uproar."

"You know that we'll also back you up Professor McGonagall," said Hermione looking proud. Smiling at them she said that she needed to go back to work and that the least they could do for them is not cause any trouble. They all promised they wouldn't cause none except for Hiei and Yusuke. They promised not to cause much.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully. The end of the school day brought groans from everyone as both Hermione and Kurama made them do their homework as soon as they got to the common room. Hermione who was still taking more classes than everyone else, except probably Kurama had a lot more homework to do and had moved to another part of the common room to get some quiet. Finding the nosy girl gone Yusuke motioned everyone upstairs to their large dorm room.

"So what shall we go as for the Halloween party," asked Keiko as she sat down on her bed.

"Well," said Yukina, "I was planning to go as an Ice Mage, you know the stronger version of the ice apparition. I've seen some of them before and I can easily copy their uniforms."

"That's settled," said Yusuke turning to Keiko, "so what about you?"

"To tell you the truth I might actually go as the dark magician girl, you know the one from Yu-gi-oh! (I don't own Yu-gi-oh).

"What about you guys."

"Well to tell you the truth we were just going to go in our demon lord forms."

"It's pretty easy and we'll go and provide the necessary fabric and jewels for the outfits," said Kurama as he looked at Hiei for approval, "right Hiei."

"Hn," said Hiei as he looked out the window from his seat on the sill.

"That's Hiei for 'I'll do it, all right.'"

"So what are you two going as," asked Yusuke as he looked at Harry and Ron.

Looking at each other they said, "we didn't think about it and have no idea where to start."

"Just think about it and then come back to us we'll handle the material," said Yusuke, "um Hiei I think something's wrong with Fiore." (ha I knew you thought I forgot about him) Sure enough when the fire demon turned to his phoenix's cage something was not right. Flames were shooting from his body and his feathers were coming off. Reaching to touch him through his cage a burst of flames shot out from his body and covered him completely. He grew and the flame died down and in his place was a fully-grown phoenix.

"So you're nice and grown now huh," said Hiei as he stroke his flaming feathers. "Well, let's send you on your first flight." Getting a piece of paper from his draw he scribbled something on the paper with his speed and tied it to his leg. "Take this to Koenma and don't leave until you get a reply got it." Fiore raised his head in understanding at took off through the window Yukina had quickly opened.

I know everyone thought I forgot about the birds and fox. Don't worry, they'll be playing an important role later on in the story.