Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ The talk, Hogsmeade, and getting the costumes ready ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing *sob*

"What did you write," asked Yukina as she turned to her brother.

"I asked him about the material for the costumes and what he was thinking sending Touya with that idiot, and of course what Karasu is doing here," answered Hiei as he stroked Shinagami's feathers.

"You pretty much summed everything up," said Yusuke, "speaking of which we should clean this place up, both Karasu and Genkai will be coming to see us tonight." Nodding they went to clean up their separate area's Kurama helped Yusuke because his area was already neat. Hiei finished his in record time and pulled Hellfire and started cleaning it making sure it was spotless. Harry and Ron sat on Kurama's bed wondering if they should leave or not. At that moment both teachers walked through the door. Ron and Harry took in a breath when they saw that Hermione was accompanying them asking Professor Karasu about a certain Potion.

She was about to enter the room to sit with them when Genkai held her by her arm and pointed to Harry and Ron, "all three of you out. And don't try to listen the door is sound proof." Harry and Ron turned to leave obviously scared of both Genkai and Karasu. After they left and shut the door, Karasu calmly took a seat on the nearest bed, which happened to be Kurama's. Turning to Genkai she motioned for her to sit down. Taking a seat on Yusuke's bed she began the conversation about what she knew about the high inquisitor thing.

"The Ministry appointed her as high inquisitor because the Minister of Magic feared that Dumbledore might be teaching you how to go against the Ministry. She has to teach you defensive spells but not let you do them in class. The Ministry and Dumbledore aren't getting along very well."

"You mean to tell me that we might fail out Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L.S because of the Ministry's selfishness," called out Kurama who was worried about why the Minister refused to let Hogwarts students perform to their full ability.

"Precisely, but grades aren't the problem," answered Karasu. "He's afraid that Hogwarts students will come and take away his position at the Ministry. He doesn't want Dumbledore getting it either. We have to go now. If anything goes on talk to Koenma and us. Besides I don't want to miss out on all the fun." Karasu finished his speech with a smirk and turned to them once more and said, "You might find this school boring so let's boost it up a little. Every Saturday and Thursday you meet us in the free D.A.D.A classroom and we have a little sparring session. On this note Hiei smirked while Kurama paled on the thought of having to fight Karasu again. Yusuke was really riling to fight his teacher again after not getting much of a challenge from her class. Leaving the room the Renkai Tentai not wanting to speak to each other took the time to get some well-deserved rest because the next day would be their first trip to Hogsmeade.

Harry came up to them right after breakfast to ask them to meet him in the Hog Head around noon. He said he couldn't discuss it now. As they walked into their room to get changed they decided to wear one of the outfits Ms. Minamino was so kind to send them. Kurama decided on the outfit he had worn when he first went to the Dark Tournament. Yusuke took the same style outfit except it had green outlines with a lighter green main color. Hiei chose a dark red outfit with a lighter red as the outline. Both Keiko and Yukina chose a kimono (you know like the one Yukina wears). Keiko chose a light orange while Yukina chose an aqua blue. The kimonos were made out of satin not silk. They were saving that one for the Ball in Febuary.

-Hogsmeade

The girls walked through the area keeping close to the boys. After getting a butterbeer from the Three Broomsticks they made their way into the Hog Head to meet Harry for noon. When they arrived inside they looked around to see a lot of Gryffidors, a couple Ravenclaws, and some Hufflepuffs. They sat down by Harry just in time to hear Hermione whisper to him, 'Why did you have to go and invite them' while she was looking at Yukina. Not feeling in place Yukina sat down in between Kurama and Hiei who just gave Hermione a you-talk-about-her-like-that-and-you'll-regret-it glare. Hermione began to explain how they wanted to go and form a group where they can go and practice their spells. She said that it was mainly because of Prof. Umbridge's lack of teaching. This lead Yusuke to ask about Genkai. "Prof. Genkai is a good teacher but she's only allowed to teach us physical training. Otherwise, I would have asked her for help. Because Harry is so good in his DADA class he'll be teaching us." This comment got a choke from Kurama and a look of shock from Hiei..

Speaking up Harry said, "Well I've seen Kurama, Hiei, and Yusuke do some magic before and maybe they can help us out. They can do some of the magic spells that the 7th years can. I guess they learned it from they're old school." The group turned to the Renkai Tentai and saw Kurama nod to show that it was true. Koenma had thought made sure they knew all the work and magic to make sure that they made good grades. "They're pretty good physical fighters as well they can probably help us with dodging attacks or something as well," Harry promptly added trying to get them to put them into their group.

After seeing everyone start to warm up to the Renkai Tentai save Hiei, Hermione had no choice but to put them into the group. Clearing her throat she took out a piece of paper and said, "Everyone put your name down on this. If you blab to anyone you'll get a terrible case of acne." She passed the paper around and everyone signed their name. When it got to Keiko Kurama took the paper from her and muttered. It was a spell that made sure that the names from then on wouldn't be affected with the spell. He had to make sure that they were the last ones to sign. After signing his name he gave it back to Keiko who handed it to Yukina, who handed it to her twin, who handed it to the spirit detective. After everyone signed their name they decided that Mondays, Sundays, and Wednesdays to meet. That gave them the days to do their Quidditich training. They left soon after that to get their costumes in order.

Harry and Ron walked into the Spirit Detectives' room to find them sprawled out on the floor Kurama with a notebook and a pen in hand as well as a tape measure. Turning to them Kurama asked if they had found out what they wanted to go as. "Well", said Harry as he sat down on the floor followed by Ron, "we don't actually know and we need some help to decide."

Thinking on what to dress them up as Hiei came up with the quickest solution, " Dress them up as thunder demons, like Suzaku." Turning to Hiei they agreed and started to take measurements. Yukina had to beg Hiei to let Kurama measure him. Kurama measured as quickly as possible writing down the numbers in his notebook. They were half way through measuring when Fiore flew through the window. He was carrying a large package. Ripping the note from on the top of the package Hiei read it aloud for everyone could hear.

The great Koenma hear. I have every color material in silk in the package as well as some jewels. It came out from your vaults equally so no fighting over anything. As you suspected Hiei they failed, but Touya was able to get himself and Kuwabara out alive. If I'm lucky I'll leave Rinku and Chu with him and send Touya and if I can find Jin to help you out. Be on guard and let Karasu and Genkai no that there's a 75% chance that they know where you are. Karasu is on probation just like you and Kurama are so he's there on my orders so no trying to kill him.

The Great Koenma

Opening the package materials tumbled out. Today was Saturday meaning that they would meet with the group tomorrow. Knowing they didn't have enough time until they had to meet Karasu and Genkai they started to work quickly hoping they could get some work done.

YES!! 72 reviews. I'll try my best to get the other chapter out soon. Thank you to everyone who has reviewed. I would never have made the story this good if it wasn't for some of your constructive criticism. Thank you so, so, so much.

-Jaganshi_Summoner