Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Child ❯ It's not your Fault ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]


 
The two teenagers had bee hiking up the tortuous mountain for about an hour now and were still no where near the top of it. They decided to stop since it was getting dark and from the looks of it, about to get rainy.
 
They found a little tavern that could hold two so they decided to stay there.
 
Koenma told the two to contact him as soon as they made progress, and I think its pretty safe to that they had made "some" progress.
 
Bianca took out her green compactor and dialed the number to her friend Amanda.
 
~
The short teenager was hanging out with Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, and his girlfriend Riku at Koenma's estate in human world.
 
As she was walking towards the group that was sitting at a table with an umbrella just incase it started to rain when her purple compactor started to ring. (A/n: Sigh, long sentence, sorry)
 
She took the compactor out of her baggy hoody and opened it to see her friend Bianca appear on the screen, " Hey dude, what's up?" Amanda asked smiling as she sat down next to Hiei, the boy she had a major crush on.
 
" Um... well we've found out that all the people here hate outsiders, found the old lady who trapped the kid, had to comfort her after we made her cry, been hiking a mountain for an hour which we tripped down twice, and are now cramped in a small tavern. You?" Bianca replied sarcastically.
 
Amanda raised her eyebrow, purple eyes showing a tint of annoyance. “Here." she said shoving the compactor at Yusuke, you can talk to her, I've had enough already.
 
“Heh, hey fox is it that bad?" Yusuke snickered as Riku looked over his shoulder, her short light blue hair hanging down.
 
“It wasn't as bad as she said it was." Kurama said taking the compactor from Bianca. " There were some..."interesting" people there"
 
"Hn...I'm sure there was." Hiei said ripping the compactor out of Yusuke's grip, causing Yusuke to give Hiei a dark look. “How's it there, at home." Hiei said having a tint of homesick in his voice.
 
“Well, let's just say we wouldn't want this part of demon world, to be the one to represent it." he said with a light smile.
 
“Hm… I see." Hiei gave the compactor to Amanda crossing his arm and closing his eyes.
 
“Well it looked like we played musical compactor long enough....guess you should get back to work." Amanda said moving long brown hair out of her eyes.
 
“Yes, your right. I guess we'll talk to you later. Good Bye. “Kurama said shutting the compactor. 
 
He leaned against a rock, eyes closed.
 
Bianca always imagined what was going on in that mind of his. You never knew with him.
 
For one second he was a really nice, laid back guy and then a second later he was the moodiest person.
 
Bianca sighed and set her bag down like always laying against a rock.
 
“What was that sigh for?" Kurama asked, eyes still closed.
 
“Huh... Oh nothing." Bianca responded. She was about to sigh again but held it in.
 
“How terrible...." Kurama mumbled under his breath.
 
“What is?" Bianca asked with a questioned look.
 
“Oh...” Kurama said, as his eyes opened. “About that child; I've seen a lot of ruthless and hateful acts, but this is definitely one that will stay in my memory for a long time. I can't even imagine how the outcome of this will be… “It looked like Kurama was staring into space now, his emerald green eyes staring into oblivion.
 
"I thought the mission was to get Kouichi out and bring him home or something..." Bianca said, trying not to think about any depressing thoughts.
 
She honestly had enough of those.
 
Kurama laughed lightly, and turned to Bianca. “This isn't an ordinary mission Bianca. This child has been put through so much pain already. And he's five. On top of that he has immense power which could be disastrous, but...." Kurama paused and looked down, trying to figure out how to say this, "a part of me hates myself for thinking like that. Thinking just about the statistics… once again. Think of the emotional damage he'll be through when we get him out. He could literally be scared for life. And, I'd blame myself if something liked that did happen." Kurama was quiet now.
 
The rain was now pouring outside on the nearby rocks. Sprinkling the two. Trees were swaying, not adding a very happy nature to the atmospheres.
 
"Kurama, you can't blame yourself for this. You weren't the one that put him up there for eternity, and you very well didn't cause him any pain. Unfortunately, these kinds of things happen all the time in demon world. We just answer the ones that are fatal to us. Which is terrible to hear, but true. So don't mope, I still need your help, and if you don't concentrate, then I can't either." Bianca said softly.
 
"I feel the same way, so I guess we should change the subject...” Kurama murmured a light smile on his face.
 
Bianca smiled and gave Kurama a hug. Normally she wouldn't be caught dead ever doing this, but this was different.
 
Right now she had to give him a hug.
 
She felt warm and safe when she this close to him, and with that feeling on her side...she was ok.
 
For once.
 
She hugged him tightly not wanting to let go. Kurama wrapped his arms around her waist, one hand making small circles on her back.
 
Strangely, Kurama felt the same way as her, and he didn't want anything to harm her. He would always make sure she was safe, even when he wasn't there.
 
"I'll be here, always. Now we said we'd get off a sappy subject all right?" Bianca let go and smiled.
 
A real smile.
 
One you would see maybe every apocalypse.
 
" Okay..." So the two sat and talked, and fell asleep next to each other. Not knowing the next day, would be challenging them physically...and emotionally.
 
Because in the next chapter...
 
We will be seeing Kouichi.
 
~!@#
OK! THIS CHAPTER IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! Go me! It's my birthday!