Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Child ❯ Just so you know, old hags aren't so bad ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Oh jeez, what chapter is it now???? *sigh* alrighty, lets get `er done! Lol, j/k. But we're moving right along ne????
 
DisclaimeR: See previous chapter
 
 
The strange woman led the two detectives into one of the most screwed up houses.
In the inside there were many spells bound things, psychic belongings and such. Scrolls containing curses and Jinxes, spell books, seals, skulls in bottles, and pickled hands all lined the walls of her hut. Old bones hung from the ceiling, dry and bleached white, gleaming with the stories of the dead.
 
The woman finally took her covering cloak off which revealed a mop of white hair and deep wrinkles. Like the villagers, her skin was a sickly pale color, eyes were a misty blue, the kind that would give little kids nightmares. The old woman slouched with a humped back, confirming what Kurama and Bianca would like to call the ugliness of an old lady.
 
What was peculiar about her though was the black square that marked her forehead.
 
By the looks of it, she seems like a psychic Bianca noted mentally. And a powerful one for such an old hag…
 
“My name is Seorie not old hag, and yes young lady, I am a psychic...." Seorie, the elder women replied as though Bianca had spoken. “And you are Kurama...” she said lifting a lazy eye to him, sending little chills down his spine, (not that anyone noticed)
“Bianca is your surname." Seorie wheezed, “Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a Psychic as well, correct?”
 
“Yeah.....I am." Bianca replied hesitantly. Somehow the idea of trusting this old woman wasn't very appealing, considering she had popped out of no where.
 
Bianca gave Kurama a side glance and could tell by the expression of his face that he was thinking about the same thing she was.
 
“It's nice to meet you...” He said lightly," and not to be rude, but why did you want us to come here?"
 
“Not that we don't enjoy being dragged to some strangers house with more dark objects that could probably send us straight to hell.” Bianca put in grinning.
 
The old woman leaned heavily on her knarled cane and sighed, a dry bristling noise. “I brought you two here because I know your just not here to see the scenery...your here because of Kouichi right?" She said solemnly
 
" It appears you saw right through our purposes."
 
"Well if I were you two I would forget about the boy and run back to your nice house." Seorie snapped at them.
 
Bianca sent the old woman a flat glare " So sorry but we can't do that, we were assigned to some here and get that boy from the prince of spirit world himself Koenma." She quipped sharply.
 
The folds on Seorie's wrinkled forehead creased " No wonder you came, you don't care about anyone's well being here...your just doing it because someone told you to..." the elder sat down her back turned away. " You don't know anything...” Her voice cracked
 
Bianca looked in Kurama's eyes and for once, those eyes looked like they were showing sympathy.
 
“I know it's probably difficult for you but we need to bring him down. Acting like he's an animal and throwing him in a cage is not going to solve anything. We have measured his demonic strength and in a few months he'll be even stronger....we need him to be set free."  He said calmly, a tinge of sadness laced in his voice.
 
Bianca stared at the old hag's back for a moment, before her green eyes narrowed slightly " Your the psychic who put him up there aren't you?" Bianca asked trying her hardest not to give her piercing looks.
 
“I'm not proud of what I did. “She whispered, voice crackling as tears began to fall on the floor, “Putting that little boy up there was the toughest thing I had to do...to see the sadness in his eyes his pleading looks, but I had to. Everyone agreed with the person who had the idea to put him there...”
 
“Who suggested the idea…?" Bianca questioned, a pity creeping into her voice.
 
Seorie wiped away her tears and gulped. “The...boys mother...” she muttered brokenly
 
“What...?" Bianca whispered her heart falling..."why would she do that? Even though he killed his father it was an accident. She should've loved him no matter what..."
 
Kurama's bangs covered his eyes, speaking quietly “The lady in the square, she was the boys mother wasn't she...”
 
Bianca looked up, dread seeping into her features
 
“Yes...” Seorie hissed tears streaming...
 
The mere thought of a mother betraying her son in such a way almost tore Bianca's heart to shreds. She bent down and looked the old woman in the eyes, speaking lowly, in almost a whisper, " I understand know why you did it...it was against your will...but I know you don't want him there...all alone with no one to love him. And you're the only one that can help us." Bianca said “please..."
 
Honestly, Kurama was amazed that the young immature girl was handling this news this well.
He noted that maybe she wasn't as immature and lazy as he thought she was.
 
“I wish I could. But I can't. I have a loyalty to my village; However if you can find a way to dispel my curse, then the boy can be freed..." Seorie looked back with pleading eyes...” if you succeed take him with you...he deserves better."
 
Bianca smiled lightly. "No problem…"
 
~
 
As the two left Kurama looked at Bianca and smiled. “You acted like a professional back there. I don't know if I could've done that. "
 
"yeah well, the situation is too hard to handle." she said as the two set up to hike the mountain.
 
 
~!@#$
 
Chapter Three is DONE!
 
PUHLEZE! READ AND REVIEW! I'm BEGGING YOU HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!