Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ School Days ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: Well, it turns out that I can't sue them for making me write these. Something about moral rights. Seems pointless to me! **sigh** I'll just have to say that I don't own YYH.]
 
Telepathy= `Blah, Blah'
Thinking= Blah, blah
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 10 (yay!!!!!): School Days
 
“So, you're Urameshi's cousin, eh?” said the principal for about the tenth time.
 
“Yes, sir,” sighed Botan, exasperatedly.
 
“Hmmmm,”
 
Kurama and Botan had been waiting in that stuffy windowless room for about an hour waiting for the ferry girl's classes and school I.D. and still the portly man sat and asked the same question. Mr. Kazumo, the principal and the recent object of their misery, had been enthusiastic enough when they had first said what they wanted, especially since his best student (Shuichi Minamino) was a friend of hers. As soon as he heard the name Urameshi, however, the smile literally slid off his face. Of course, it was now too late to withdraw the name so they had to sit through this man's bumbling.
 
Yusuke Urameshi?” he asked again.
 
Botan snapped.
 
“Yes!!! Yusuke Urameshi, the delinquent, is my cousin! The Yusuke Urameshi that seemingly died and then came back to school a few months later! The Yusuke Urameshi that scares most teachers and all students! Yes, he is my cousin!”
 
The man was extremely taken aback by this outburst. Kurama on the other hand was trying to stifle a snicker. He knew this was bound to happen. Cat demons were never known for their patience and neither was Botan.
 
Botan suddenly had an idea to get them out of this Hellhole. She looked over at Kurama and grinned. The grin said loud and clear `I've got a devious plan so just go with the flow'. He was a little uneasy but nodded. The blue-haired girl turned back to the balding gentleman behind the desk.
 
“Did you know that I'm Yusuke's favorite cousin, Mr. Kazumo?” she asked smirking slightly, “He always liked me the best. He even taught me a few fighting moves. I was always telling him how much I wanted to go to school here and I know he wouldn't be very happy if I wasn't let in.” She looked over at the principal and her smirk widened as he started sweating. “But it's okay. He might not get mad. Who knows really…but he does have quite a temper.”
 
“Here are your books and uniform, Miss. Urameshi!” said the principal quickly as he passed her a few books on top of a stack of clothes, “and here's your schedule. I'm sure Mr. Minamino will be kind enough to show you to your locker and classes. Goodbye!”
 
The man quickly got up and ran tripping every few feet to the other room. As soon as he was out of hearing range Botan burst into laughter.
 
“You must tell Yusuke what you said,” gasped Kurama as they continued to laugh, “I'm sure he'd get a kick out of how much his name effected people here.”
 
“I think Mr. Kazumo wet his pants!” cried Botan wiping tears from her eyes, “Well, at least I've found a way to keep out of trouble while I'm here. Just tell someone what my last name is. They'll probably all faint!”
 
“C'mon, Botan,” said Kurama as soon as the laughter died, “We're already late and you don't even know where your locker is.”
 
Botan nodded and followed the redhead out of the office still chuckling slightly.
 
“There's your locker. It's right next to mine in fact. That will make things a lot easier,” said the kitsune after a few minutes, “Let's see about your classes.”
 
The bluette (A/N: I stole this from another author but it just sounds right) handed him the paper and he read it. It said:
 
First: Literature
Second: World History
Third: Gym
Lunch
Fourth: Calculus
Fifth: Biology
Sixth: Key Boarding
Seventh: Band
 
“You signed up for band?” asked Kurama, looking up from the schedule.
 
“Yeah,” said Botan, nodding vigorously, “When I was alive I played a flute. It was a wooden flute but as soon as the modern flute came out I begged Koenma for one and he gave it to me, so I know how to play.”
 
“Alright then,” he said, “Well, you have about three periods with me and lunch. We have first, third, and fifth together.”
 
“Great!” cheered the ferry girl, “I won't be all alone and I'll have the smartest kid in school as my best friend!”
 
Kurama blushed slightly.
 
“I just wish I had Calculus with you,” she continued, “Math of any kind has never been my strong point, even if I was alive when most of it was created.”
 
“Don't worry,” said Kurama warmly, “If you need any help just ask me. I'd be glad to tutor you.”
 
“Really?” asked Botan happily as she wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug, “thanks Kurama!”
 
The redhead tensed for a moment before relaxing in her embrace and wrapping his arms around her waist. The girl he loved was hugging him. What could be better than that? He regained his composure soon though, well, enough to say something intelligible.
 
“We really should go to first period Botan,” he said breathlessly, “Ms. Futsugi will be wondering where I am and tardy is not the best first impression you can make.”
 
“You're right,” she said letting go. Kurama practically groaned in disappointment but he held it in. “So where is this Ms. Futsugi's class anyway?”
 
“I'll show you. Grab your books and follow me,” the kitsune told her.
 
She did and they made their way down the hall. It was a pretty big school and it all looked the same: gray floors, white walls, blue doors.
 
“How do you know where to go? Everything looks the same,” she asked him.
 
“Use your nose,” he said simply.
 
She stopped and sniffed the air hesitantly.
 
“Someone in that room had McDonald's (A/N: me no own) for breakfast,” she sniffed again, “An Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns.”
 
“That's one way to do it,” chuckled Kurama, “but I meant smell the rooms themselves not the people.”
 
Botan sniffed once more with her eyes closed.
 
“That's the art room,” she said smiling as the bluette pointed to the room to her left, “It smells like paint and paper.”
 
“There you are then,” Kurama said, “This way we're almost there.”
 
Almost there turned out to be three hallways away. As soon as the demons rounded the corner Botan staggered back covering her nose.
 
“What is that and how can you stand it without passing out?” she gasped to the kitsune.
 
“It's Ms. Futsugi's perfume,” he replied wrinkling his nose, “And I've learned to breathe through my mouth around her.”
 
“I'm glad we missed half the period,” Botan said pushing back a gag.
 
“Well, shall we?” asked the redhead.
 
“If we must,” she replied reluctantly.
 
They walked up and knocked lightly on the classroom door. It was opened a few seconds later by an elderly woman who seemed the source of the stink. Botan's eyes started watering involuntarily.
 
“Mr. Minamino! We thought you were absent today,” she cried happily as soon as she saw Kurama.
 
She had beady black eyes beneath huge glasses, her hair was pulled back into a graying bun, and was wearing a tweed dress suit. Nuff said.
 
“I apologize for my tardiness,” said Shuichi politely, “I was helping my friend get her schedule. She has just moved here.”
 
Ms. Futsugi rounded on Botan and smiled again.
 
“So nice to meet you, Miss …”
 
“Urameshi. Botan Urameshi. It is nice to meet you too,” Botan replied.
 
A gasp echoed through the room as soon as the name Urameshi was uttered. Botan had to hold back giggles as the teacher staggered a moment before regaining her composure. Kurama seemed to be having a good time too as he was stifling a chuckle.
 
“Are-are you related to **gulp** Yusuke Urameshi?” asked the teacher shakily.
 
“Oh, yes,” replied Botan smiling at her, “I'm his cousin.” She flicked a glance at Kurama and then back to the woman. “His favorite cousin.”
 
“Well, take your seat Mr. Minamino, Miss. **gulp** Urameshi,” stuttered the elderly woman.
 
They nodded and sat next to each other at the back row. Botan couldn't help noticing the glares from the girls in the class and the lovesick stares from the boys. Kurama seemed to have noticed too for he grinned almost apologetically at her.
 
`That's was weird' she thought to herself …or did she?
 
`Yes it was' said Shuichi's voice.
 
She looked at him quickly and his eyes had widened slightly.
 
`Cool! I can talk telepathically!' she cried happily in his mind.
 
`That will be useful' he thought back.
 
`Well, since we can talk now. Can I ask you something?' she thought timidly.
 
`Ask away'
 
`Why are those guys staring at me like that? I understand why the girls are looking at me like they want to kill me. They think I stole their man!' she nudged him with her elbow playfully and he pretended to pout slightly. She giggled.
 
`They,…um…well' he stuttered after a moment of pondering her question.
 
`Spit it out kitsune' she told him teasingly.
 
`They think you're cute' he said blushingly.
 
She burst out laughing. The whole class looked at her like she was crazy. Botan glared at them and growled slightly. Needless to say they turned back around very quickly. Kurama chuckled at her behavior.
 
The rest of the period went without much incident. In fact nothing else happened until third period. Gym.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[Hurray!!!! I finally got out of my writer's block!! WOO HOO!! I hope this chapter was better than the last one! If it was tell me in a review or my evil twin will attack all of your computers with cookie eating viruses so you'll never eat another cookie again! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!…ahem…uh…REVIEW!! ^___^ ]