Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Fights and Romantic Ruses ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: If you guys don't know that I don't own this stuff than you don't even deserve to read about it you weirdos. >: P]
 
Umm…Bob: Thanks for the offer. If I run into any more writer's block (which you know I will) I'll definitely take youo up on that.
 
Dark clouds @ aol.com: I used your e-mail address since you didn't leave a name…unless Love of a Kitsune is your name…Anyway. All other people who read should thank you since I updated this chapter when I did (and wrote it) when I read your review. I hope I got it to you soon enough.
 
Who Cares: I care!! And I updated! You is happy?
 
Meow: Updated. Enjoy.
 
Black Panther Wolf: Fangirls and the fight are two totally different things…that's a clue but read anyway.
 
heartluv: Sorry, but cliffhangers are what I do. It's practically my signature…you aren't gonna be happy at the end of this chapter…heh
 
rntoad: Really?! **tears of joy** that's so sweet! I feel loved!!
 
Jess-chan of the Nya Nya Neko: Before we start your name is freakin' cool. Also, YOU'RE SO NICE TO ME!! So many accolades. My little heart can't take it!
 
animefreak03: Sorry for the long wait. You go to college and still read fanfics and I can't even update regularly. I'M SO ASHAMED!!!!
 
winds_of_fire: Thanks! Really, I'm so glad I don't have to go to gym…until next year! DAMN YOU HIGH SCHOOL!!
 
Kagorin: Hi Kagorin!!!!!! Having fun on your trip? Here's your update!
 
Licensed to Kill: I also like your name! Thank you. I like to impress people, though I also like to annoy them and confuse them. **grin**
 
kuramazlilsis: Oh No!!! I'm destroyed!!! What will I tell the rat I don't have yet!! **sob** So much chocolate left to eat!!
 
inuyashafan98: Thanks. I sorry but I'm not busy, I get wrapped uip in reading fanfiction and don't write it often enough…I probably should have let you believe what you did…Oh well!
 
Kagome-yasha: That would be cool…and good for Botan. Hiei wouldn't be able to kill her either way!
 
I've got such wonderful reviewers!!!! **sob**
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 12: Fights and Romantic Ruses
 
“Ready!” called Coach off to the side, “Fight!”
 
Kurama lunged at Botan immediately, trying to take her by surprise. She ducked but he blocked her fist as it came speeding toward his stomach. He flipped her over with the captured hand but, being the cat demon she was, the girl righted herself in midair and landed on her feet. Now Botan was on the offensive. She shot a barrage of punches at the red-head. He dodged/blocked the majority but she caught him a few times. Suddenly his foot swung out and connected with her ribs causing the air to rush out of the disguised ex-ferrygirl and the floor rushed to meet her. It only took a few seconds to regain her senses but a few seconds was all Shuichi needed to pin her where she lay. They lay there panting but then both broke into smirks.
 
“The fight goes to Minamino!” cried the coach as the bell rang overhead.
 
Kurama helped Botan to her feet and she thanked him.
 
“Great fight, Botan but I think you're slacking a bit,” said Kurama teasingly.
 
“Yeah, you are Youko, though,” she said smiling, “I didn't have much a chance. Besides, if I had won your fangirl-stalkers would have attacked.”
 
The kitsune chuckled.
 
“Thank goodness lunch is next,” sighed Botan as the two walked out of the gym after showering and changing (A/N: yeah. I'm lazy so I didn't write about changing. Sue me…not really…), “I'm starving.”
 
A low growl from her companion's stomach made her giggle.
 
“Heh heh. I could do with food as well, I suppose,” said an embarrassed Kurama.
 
“C'mon then Mr. Tour Guide,” said Botan pulling on his arm, “Let's get food.”
 
So Kurama showed her the cafeteria (after walking painfully slowly just to aggravate her) and soon they had trays laden with today's menu: pizza, soda, and a cinnabun. (A/N: Those are all my favorite foods from my cafeteria. It would be heaven if they served them together…sigh…) They walked to a table in the back of the room and sat down, almost immediately being swarmed by crazed Shuichi fan girls. (A/N: Grrrrr. I'm a fangirl, too, mind you…just not as crazed)
 
“Hello Shuichi-kun!”
 
“How are you Shuichi-kun?”
 
“I missed you Shuichi-kun!”
 
“I made lunch for you Shuichi-kun.”
 
“Who's she, Shuichi-kun?”
 
“This is my good friend Botan,” said Kurama, choosing to ignore the other comments, “She just moved here and I'm showing her around.”
 
“Hello,” Botan said, smiling her million-watt smile.
 
“Why don't you drop your weird haired friend and come with us, Shuichi?” said a blonde near the front, seemingly the leader. “A girl with obviously fake hair such as that couldn't be that interesting.”
 
Now Botan was offended, even if she didn't show it. How was this girl lecturing her about fake hair (even though it was untrue) when her overlarge chest was so stuffed with tissues that it could stock a hospital?
 
“I'm not just his friend,” said Botan, making a plan.
 
“You're not?” asked the blonde, already outraged.
 
Kurama looked at her, as if asking her the same thing, and she smiled a `play-along' smile. He nodded.
 
“No,” Botan said, then suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck, “We're in love.”
 
It seemed as if the entire cafeteria was listening in on their conversation because the entire student body moved as one to stare at their table, mouths agape. One of the Shuichi stalkers in the back of the group fainted, head landing in a dropped slice of pepperoni. Botan would have giggled if she wasn't so nervous.
 
“Wh-what?” stammered a short brunette, “When did—? How—?”
 
“It was an accident really,” Kurama stepped in at this time, “It was last year in the winter and she slipped on some ice. I managed to catch her before she fell and helped pick up her bags—”
 
“I had been Christmas shopping,” Botan added.
 
“It was a bit like love at first sight,” said Kurama almost wistfully, sending a pretend look of affection at the bluette that wasn't so pretend, “I asked her out to coffee and we just clicked.”
 
Some of the girls that were smart enough to give up on Shuichi, sitting with their boyfriends, sighed. Botan was impressed, no wonder they call him the Romantic Warrior.
 
“We have so much in common,” she sighed, then, with a flash of mischief in her eyes, poked him on the nose, “And he's so cute, too.”
 
A couple fangirls broke into sobs in the back, a redhead and a brunette were holding each other and rocking back and forth, crying openly, and Botan could almost swear she heard a few boys sigh a little. Inside she was laughing ironicly. She was pretending to be in love with the kitsune when she was in love with the kitsune. Fate was cruel at times. Kurama was thinking along the same lines.
 
“Prove it,” said a rather cold, firm voice suddenly.
 
The couple looked at the leader blonde, puzzled.
 
“How?” asked Botan, “We told you our story.”
 
The girl glared fiercely at her.
 
“Kiss him,” she said.
 
Both Kurama and Botan's eyes widened a fraction, determined not to give away their ruse. Botan looked at the fox with apologetic eyes.
 
“Go on,” sneered a redhead, “Kiss. Prove it.”
 
They wavered for a moment and Kurama was ready to apologize for their lies until he felt his head being tugged down to meet soft lips.
 
&%&%&%&%&%&%
[I AM SO FRICKIN' EVIL!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And now you hate me. Hopefully your hatred of me and want of seeing the rest of this will make you review. REVIEW!!!! Then your prayers shall be answered. …so evil…heh heh heh]