Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and the Heart ❯ Game of tage, Hiei's Departure ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We all said our good byes to the others and left. We walked next to each other in silence through the woods. It was too quite and well I decided to break it. I fell back so the others were a head of me. I crept up behind Yusuke and slapped him on the back.

"HA YOU'RE IT!" I yelled and ran off.

He was surprised but answered with a smile.

"Hey!" shouted laughing and then chased after me.

"What are they doing?" Hiei asked as I ran away from Yusuke.

"It's a simple game of tag," Kurama said as he watched.

"'Tag'?" he quoted.

"Yes, it's a chasing game I guess you can say. Yusuke is it meaning he must tag someone in order for them to be it," Kurama said.

"Hn sounds simple," Hiei said in his normal tone.

"HEY KUWABARA, TAG YOU'RE IT!!!" Yusuke shouted as he slapped Kuwabara across the back.

"Ouch, URAMESHI GET BACK HERE!!!" he shouted at him angrily.

Kuwabara then glanced over at Kurama and Hiei. A smile crept up on his face as he ran over to Kurama and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ha now you're it," he said to him.

Kurama smiled and looked at Hiei. He placed his hand on his shoulder and smiled. Kuwabara was out of sight now and Kurama was backing away from Hiei.

"Hiei, I believe you are now it," he said and with that he was gone leaving Hiei alone and confused.

I noticed the expression on Hiei's face and decided to give Hiei a break. I jumped down from the tree I was hiding in and landed behind him.

"Come on Hiei," I said as he turned around.

"What am I suppose to do?" he asked.

"Chase someone," I stated.

His expression was still somewhat blank but a sly grin appeared on his face as he looked at me. I noticed it and started running. He chased after me with his impressive speed but I think for fun he only used enough to keep up with me. I then jumped up on a tree branch and ran from tree branch to tree branch with help from my telekinetic powers. Hiei ran one behind me and I decided to break some rules. I jumped in the air and flew the rest of the way around the trees. Hiei appeared next to me.

"Isn't it cheating since you're flying?" Hiei asked.

"Only if you're caught," I replied and flew up higher.

I flew up into the clouds and smiled feeling the wind under me. Soon I landed in an open area with no trees around it. It was quite as I landed and looked around. There was nothing, I didn't like it. There was a rustling in the bushes behind me. I spun around to see Hiei or the others but nothing. I then sensed something come towards me from the front and moved out of the way. I looked like a shadow ran by and thought it was Hiei. I smiled in victory over him.

"Ha, ha Hiei. Missed me, missed me now you gotta kiss me," I sang.

I laughed and then felt something grab me from behind. I spun around and saw Hiei standing there smiling with soft eyes.

"I'd love to," he said and closed the gap between us.

Our lips met and once again I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him back happily. Just then we both heard someone whistle. We both stopped to see who it was. There stood Yusuke, Kurama, and Kuwabara.

"Hey why don't we go back to the human world so you two can do that somewhere else?" Yusuke asked.

We both let go of each other blushing and continued to walk towards the human world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We soon arrived in the human world and back at Yusuke's house. I was relieved to finally see a real human home but I knew I was going to miss Makai and my parents home, but with Hiei and all my new friends by my side everything was going to be ok. The sun was setting slowly and it was time for us to go our separate ways. Kurama went north to his home to see his awaiting mother, Kuwabara went south to see his sister that was probably going to kick his butt and I went north east to my home alone. Hiei of course disappeared when we made it to Yusuke's house and well after that I didn't see him. I was kind of sad about it but knew that I would see him some day soon.

When I made it to my house everything was quite. I called my boss but said he knew I was gone and needed a vacation. He had said I needed to be my own person and therefore laid me off but still paid for my house because he was still my father sort of. So now I'm a full time spirit detective with Yusuke and the others. When I called them to tell them the news they seemed happy but Kurama thought of something else for me.

"I think you should go to Makai and work with Hiei," Kurama said over the phone.

I sat on my couch holding my head with my hand propped up on my knee.

"No, Hiei disserves to be alone sometimes and not worry about me," I said saddened about what I was saying but knew it was true.

"Aiko you love him though and he loves you back," Kurama said softly.

I felt a lone tear race down my cheek.

"I know but if I were to stay in Makai then I would be a burden to him and…"

Kurama cut me off.

"Aiko you wouldn't be a burden to him because you can fight to defend yourself. Hiei knows you can take care of yourself and wants you to be with him. And I know you want to be with him too."

I was about to say something when Kurama had to leave to take care of his brother and help him with his homework. I hung up as a tear fell on my hand. I looked at it surprised and then smiled.

"Funny this is the second time I've ever cried," I said and then walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that night I took a long relaxing bath trying to forget about Hiei but couldn't. No how much I loved him I wanted him to be happy and live the way we wanted to without me having to be there to make him worry. I knew I was a good fighter but I wasn't good enough to defend myself from demons trying to kill me.

After the bath I walked into my room with nothing but a towel around my body. When I got to my room the window was opened. I stared at it oddly remembering that it was cold the last time I saw it. I just shrugged and closed the window. After that I was about to take off my towel when I felt something around my waist.

"Hn and I thought you would have found me," said a soft voice in my ear.

I spun around and saw Hiei.

"Hiei what-…"

I was cut off by his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. We parted and looked at each other. I stared deeply into his crimson red eyes as he stared into my light gray ones.

"I want you to come to Makai with me," he said softly.

I stared at him.

"Hiei I want to be with for now and forever but I have to stay here. I still have a lot to learn about the human world and I have to go to school and college," I said.

Hiei's face saddened as I felt pull me closer.

"Then I want to make this a memorable night," he whispered in my ear.

Note: In chapter 10 there will be a serious lemon scene. If you wish to skip it then please go to chapter 11 if you want them to live in Makai or 12 if you want them to live in the human world.