Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Reason For Fighting ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Hi! I'm new to the whole Yu Yu Hakusho fanfic writing. I just started watching it not too long ago, so probably 99% of this is wrong or way OOC. Sorry in advance to all you die-hard fans, but this idea has been stuck in my head for awhile. Hope you like it!

Disclaimer: I own nothing save my own characters. This is the only time I'm posting this so deal.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's always the same. Every night he saw her face. It was something he could never forget. She was the reason he was fighting. Whoever took her would pay. They drove him to fighting when he didn't really want to. That was the old him. He just wanted to live in peace.

Every night, he lay in his bed and dream of her. Her deep brown hair as it flowed with the breeze each day. How he longed to touch it once more. Her beautiful violet eyes as they gazed into his, it was as if she could see into his very soul. She knew what he was and didn't care. Destined to be enemies, they found something else.

It was the same every night. They would meet out on the hill-their hill- and sit together, away from everything and just talk. He loved hearing her sweet voice. Life was good then. He had never known life could ever be good, not with the one he lead. But here he was, sitting beside someone who should be an enemy, talking calmly. He held no fear nor anxiety of what was to come. All that mattered was the here and now.

He had never known love before and never expected it with this woman beside him. He had no idea if she felt the same for he, though he hated to admit it, was afraid she wouldn't feel the same. For now, he was content to sit beside her, to love her without ever telling.

The dream ended the same as always. The beautiful moment was cut short. She was taken away from him. He had returned to the home she lived in to find it destroyed, her kidnapped. It was always the same. Always the same. He got down on his knees and wept for pure pain. This strong man got down and wept for he lost the one that meant the most to him in the world.

The boy woke up from this dream of his and covered his eyes. He had nothing to say except this one name, "Naomi."

~*~I know it's short for the first chapter but it will pick up speed in the second one. I wonder who this guy is… Hmmm… Oh wait, I already know. Do you? Take a guess. Review!!!! Pretty Please?~*~