Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Reason For Fighting ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Damn! It's been awhile since I started a fanfic. Let's see how it goes. I know where I want to go with this, but the beginning is hard.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn it, Kurama, what's up with you lately?"

The said boy looked up at the speaker in the green school uniform. "Sorry Yusuke. I was thinking about something from earlier today."

"Well, snap out of it! We're supposed to go on a new mission today. That is as soon as Botan shows up. Must be fixing her hair or something."

"I heard that, Yusuke. Now shut up so I can deliver this message." The woman with sky blue hair walked up to the group of four boys with a serious look on her face. Hiei and Kuwabara were having some verbal fighting match, which or course Hiei was winning, while Yusuke was waking Kurama out of his little coma. They'd been a team for awhile now and everything was going great. Yusuke and Keiko officially became a couple and there hadn't been any problems that needed their attention lately… until now.

"So, what's up Botan?"

She walked up to them and had a grave look on her face. "You need to go on a special assignment for awhile. It may take as long as a year, maybe more. There has been word sent that there is a demon on Himura Island that's attempting to take over the world. I know it sounds like a walk in the park, but he's inviting challenger to fight over who faces him. Some have left already and haven't returned. Only one has survived, barely. I talked with him through his dreams. He's actually in a coma, but remembers everything clearly."

Hiei interrupted. "Himura Island? That's been deserted for years. I had heard rumors of a powerful demon there though. He apparently has a secret weapon working for him that prevents anyone from facing him directly."

Botan nodded. "That's why they decided to send you guys to investigate. On the island is actually a village though. They are regular humans who live there in peace and don't get involved with anything else on the island. Koenma thinks they are actually just innocent people who the demon kidnapped."

"What makes you think that, Botan?"

"Well, Yusuke, the person who survived said so. All the people wear some kind of bracelet that prevents them from going against him. One strange think he said though…"

"What is it?" Kuwabara had to say something. Besides Kurama, he was the only one to not voice anything.

"Well, he mentioned he thought he saw a miko there."

Kurama's head shot up. "A miko?" When Botan nodded, he pressed on. "Did he give a name or a description?"

"Let me think. He did mention she had the most beautiful violet eyes he had ever seen. Why do you ask, Kurama?"

As they all turned to him, they were all surprised to see a look of pure hatred show. "I know who the demon is. If this miko is who I think she is, then I definitely know the demon's name."

"Well, who is it?"

"He is a horrid demon I've been tracking down since my past life. His name is Natas."

"What else can you tell us about him? Even I haven't heard of this demon." Hiei didn't like the fact someone knew something he didn't. Not at all.

"Sadly, I can't tell you much. What I can say is this. I shall be the one to kill him. The final match will be me against him. Botan, tell me how to get to this island."

Yusuke looked over Kurama. 'Why is he so pissed off at this Natas? Must be an old enemy of his. A miko with violet eyes? What would he care about that? There's something he's not telling us.'

Botan handed him and the others a map. "You leave in the morning. I'll meet you at the docks at dawn."

"Good. I'll see you all then." Kurama turned and left for his home, leaving the others to look as he just left. 'That's not like him.'

As our red haired friend was walking, his thoughts returned to a certain time when he visited a shrine.

~Flashback~

He could still remember his mother's words. "Trust me, Shuuichi. You need to go to this shrine for awhile. I promise you'll be alright at my friend's home. Her name is Sóra."

Climbing the mass amounts of steps, Kurama finally saw the shrine itself. 'Finally. I thought I'd never get here.' For some reason, the place looked so familiar, but he could not figure out why. Shrugging it off, he continued to walk up the steps until he came to the top. He proceeded to head to the door of the shrine.

"Hey! You there! May I help you?"

Kurama turned to see a woman with dark brown hair and blue eyes looking at him. She was in casual clothing and holding grocery bags in her hands. He walked over to her. "The question is, really, may I help you carry those?"

The woman smiled gratefully and handed him a bag. "You must be Shuuichi. Come on in. I didn't think you'd get here until tomorrow. Your mother said you were a very polite young man."

"Then you must be-"

"Just call me Sóra. No formal stuff here. Thank you." She took the bag from him and set in on the counter. Apparently they had gone inside the house. "Come with me please. I'll show you to your room."

"Thank you very much. And please, call me Kurama." He followed her up the stairs and into a dark room that had the curtains closed. The room was small, but had room for a dresser, bed, desk and a bookshelf. "Make yourself at home."

Kurama put down his brown bag and looked around the room.

"Dinner is at 7:30. I'll let you get adjusted. Call if you need anything."

"Arigatou." Sóra smiled and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Kurama had decided to look around the property itself, so he opened the door, went down the stairs and out the back door. There he was greeted with an open area and then a forest. 'It looks as if the shrine has been around for a long time. But why does it look so familiar?'

"Watch out!"

Kurama turned in time to see an arrow flying right at him. He easily dodged it and looked to see where it had come from. A small boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes looked at him. "You idiot! Look to see where you're going! You could have been killed!"

Kurama looked behind him to see the arrow hit the very center of the bull's eye. 'Target practice.' He turned back to the boy. "My apologies. I didn't realize. Very nice shot though."

"It wasn't mine. It was hers." Kurama looked up and froze. There off a few yards away stood a woman with dark brown hair and the most beautiful violet eyes he had ever seen. She was dressed in a strange outfit though.

"That's Naomi. She's a miko."

The woman looked Kurama in the eye and stepped back with a bit of fear in her eyes. 'I wonder why she stepped back.' He walked towards her and saw her reach slowly for an arrow. He sent her a questioning look.

Naomi stood there, hand ready to grab the arrow when necessary. She whispered to the man with red hair before her, "I can tell. Part of you is a demon. A fox demon." She knew he had heard her when he stopped advancing and stared at her wide eyed. This was definitely going to be an interesting trip.

~End Flashback~

Kurama shook his head and realized he had actually reached his home. He turned and saw the sunset, it's colors spreading across the sky. 'Naomi, have I found you at last?'

~*~ Well? What do you think? I'd really love some reviews. If I don't get any, I'll just post this on the other site instead. Oh, and for those who don't know… Arigatou=thank you and a miko is a priestess.

PLEASE REVIEW MY STORY!!!!!!! PRETTY PLEASE?!?!?!?~*~