Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ The last silverfox ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 3: The last silverfox

" Hey, what do ya see over there." Kuronue whispered behind a bush over to Kurama who was a few yards away standing behind a tree.

"Nothing, it's clear, let's go." Kurama replied with a hand signal. Only a few minutes later did any real ruction start. Kurama and Kuronue confidently raced out of the clearing being chased by a few youkai and their bloodhounds. Kurama and Kuronue easily out-paced them and when they felt far enough ahead of them, they stopped to rest.

" You got the scroll?" asked Kuronue. Kurama held up a white scroll to show that he had it. Kuronue grinned.

"Okay, let's go-" they both stopped dead in their tracks. Off in the distance, they heard the words being said, 'Come and see the last silver fox.' The last silver fox! They've heard plenty of silver foxes, but never thought they would meet one in real life. Even Kuronue, in his 500+ years had never seen a live silver fox because they were already rare when he was young. But somewhere nearby, was there really a silver fox? Or did some bonehead just catch a random fox, spray paint it black, and just call it a silver fox? One thing was for sure, if it really was a silver fox, then tonight would be like a moment of truth, for when the moon is full, the silver foxes' fur lets off a sparkling bright silver aura that seems to have no purpose. Some people say that it just comes up for no reason at all and has no uses, but others say that it has something to do with the plants, makes them healthier or something like that. Another thing was for sure, Kuronue and Kurama would most definitely be there to see this 'silver fox'.

"Well, what do you say? How about we drop off the scroll and go take a look at that fox." Kuronue suggested.

"I say, why not." Kurama grinned.

*************************************************************** ***************

Hundreds of youkai were gathered in one area as they pushed and shoved, trying to get a good look at what is said to be the last silver fox left in spirit world. Skeptics pushed there way to the front of the crowd to get a better view of the fox. The moon was almost full and bright. Many demons were yelling out that the fox was just painted black, so the hunter demon took a bucket of water over the cage and dumped it upon Keiana. Even though no paint came off, some of the demons still didn't believe she was a real silver fox. High up on a hill sat Kurama and Kuronue, watching and waiting

"So, do you think she's real?" Kuronue nudged Kurama.

" I think she's real, but I still can't be too sure... The moon's almost full, any minute now." Kurama replied with much expectancy. Then the moment everyone was waiting for finally arose, and Keiana's fur did give off a bright silver aura. It was one of the most beautiful things any one of them could ever see, even Kurama and Kuronue's jaws dropped. Keiana was becoming more afraid as demons began to try to touch her, crowding up tightly around the cage. She let out high pitched yips that only Kurama could hear. From them, he could easily tell she was afraid and didn't belong there. He stood up.

"You got time for another heist?" He asked.

"Always." Kuronue replied.

"Let's give'm something to see." Kurama said reaching behind one of his fox ears. He brought out a small seed of some sort. He aimed it for the cage and threw it. Just a second later, a giant plant started to grow inside the cage, but it didn't stop. It kept growing until the cage busted open. The demons started to run frantically, but Kurama and Kuronue seized the moment to grab the bag that was near the cage and stuff the fox into it. They then made a run for it. All of the other demons were so frantically trying to get away, they didn't notice the two thieves, the hunter demon did though. He took out his gun and tried to shoot them down, but they were already long gone. The hunter swore it that he would hunt down the demons who took his fox and kill them himself.