Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ How, and why? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 4: How, and why?

Their hideout was like a small isolated, yet nicely hidden, fox den. This was the place Kurama and Kuronue went to when they didn't want the rest of their gang in on something. It was a greatly kept secret between the both of them.

They arrived at the hideout with a bag that contained a frightened, screaming kicking fox. Kurama dropped the bag and lifted it from over her to reveal an all black fox with a white tip on her tail. Her silver aura night show was still going on.

"She only has one tail Kurama, doesn't that mean she couldn't be anywhere over one hundred years old?" said Kuronue with his arms crossed.

"She couldn't be anywhere near one hundred." Kurama said. He then sat all the way back on the mossy ground to make the atmosphere a bit more comfortable for the trembling kitsune.

<What do all of these youkai want with me all of a sudden?> Keiana thought looking from Kurama to Kuronue with weary eyes.

"So, you got a human form? It would be a lot easier for us to communicate if you haven't figured that out." Kurama suggested. Keiana backed up a little bot making a low fox growl, so Kurama sat forward.

"Listen vixen, we do not want any trouble from you. We just want to know why you've appeared all of a sudden. You're breed is suppose to be wiped out." he explained. Keiana's ears perked up high, then a silvery blue aura surrounded her. The little fox changed into her human form where only her ears and tail glowed the silver aura.

"What do you know about my breed, and what do you mean they're suppose to be 'wiped out'?!" Keiana stressed, obviously wanting an answer.

"Hey! I'm the one asking questions right now!" Kurama asserted himself. Keiana flinched back into a sitting position with her ears flattened and a submissive sigh.

"Where have you been hiding for, what, 15 years?" Kurama asked politely.

"I haven't been hiding, and just happen to be 15 years old, so I don't know what you're talking about." Keiana said.

"Oh, she's a young one Kurama." Kuronue said lightly nodding his head. Kurama glared at Kuronue, he then continued his conversation with the vixen.

"Ok, who have you been living with all of you're life?" Kurama asked.

"Just my sobo-san." she replied.

"Is she a human or a youkai?"

"Uh, she's a human," Keiana gasped with fear, "I gotta get to her, she might be needing me." she jumped up shakily and tried to make her way out of the den. Just as she was passing by him, Kurama grabbed her tail to stop her.

"Hey-," Keiana began.

"First off, do you even know where you're going?" Kurama asked, slightly amused.

"Yeah, I'm-," Keiana realized that she really didn't know where she was going.

" Mm... m-may I ask where I am?" she asked slowly and quietly. Kurama let go of her tail, and stood up almost proudly.

"Darling, welcome to the makai. You will not find you're grandmother hanging out in this world, and another thing, she's not really you're grandmother, is she?" he asked.

"Uh," Keiana was confused for a second, " no, she's not."

"Okay, follow us." said Kurama. He and Kuronue led Keiana out and walked a few minutes through the woods until they came across an old slightly dilapidated foundation that didn't seem to have any such use. They slowly walked in, careful not to step on any piece of rotten wood that might make them fall through the floor and badly injure themselves. When they got to about the middle of the hut, Kuronue kneeled down and felt around the floor for something. He then pulled up some of the floor slowly, and under it was a blue portal of some sort.

"Hop in." he said.