Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ Realizations and the truth ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Once again, I do not own any of the YuYu Hakusho characters. But Keiana is mine.

Sorry if it seemed awhile to some of you for me to get this chapter posted, but it's here, enjoy!

Ch. 5: Realizations and the truth.

It was definitely different on this side of the blue portal, and it seemed more familiar to her, but when you've been hiding inside of your own house all of your life with little access to the outside world, nothing's really familiar. It was just the smell and the feel of this world that was different from what those two demons called the 'makai'. Keiana scanned the land through depressed eyes until something caught them. She would still know her own house if she saw it, and that she did. She ran down the hill but when the house came closer into view, she slid to a halt. There were other humans there. She couldn't really tell what they were doing, but it seemed as if they were moving things out of the house, but why?

"Anything look familiar?" Kurama's voice came up from behind her. She looked back at the youko. All he wanted to do was show her the difference between the makai and the ningenkai and get out of there.

"Yes, I think so." she replied almost hesitantly. Then something caught her nose. The air had a faint smell of something she's never really smelled before. She walked a bit closer to the edge of the street that separated her from the side of the house.

"What's that smell? It's kind of familiar." Keiana asked. Kurama walked up to where she was and sniffed the air.

"That would be the smell of death." he said. Then a wave of fear swept over her.

"That might be sobo-san!" she gasped. She began to run across the street, but Kurama caught up to her and grabbed her wrist before she went any farther.

"Stop! Are you crazy! You can't let those humans see you at all, vixen." Kurama warned her. Then a nearby conversing pair of humans caught their ears. He led her to a nearby tree and told her to keep quiet.

"Has the cause of death been determined?" one human asked.

"It looks like a gunshot wound through the head, but the bullet has not been identified yet." said the other. Then a few other humans came out of the house carrying some kind of long bed with a long white sheet over it. It looked like someone was under the sheet. They passed by the conversing humans.

"That's just sad, what was her name?" one asked.

"Anayo Tamesuko." another replied.

"That's-" Keiana began, but Kurama clamped a hand over her mouth.

"I think they're almost done moving everything out into that van. I'm gonna call it a night guys." said a human. Keiana looked at the van they were moving stuff into and saw a dresser. In that dresser was something very important that she absolutely had to get.

"I need to get something from that van." she whispered.

"What? What's so important that you need to get that would risk you getting seen by a human?" Kurama asked scoldingly.

"I'll tell you when I get it." she replied with determination. She slipped out of his grip and snuck her way to the van. She hid around the side when a human passed by to his car. She then jumped aboard the van before another human passed by. She opened up the top drawer and began to scavenge through it desperately until she came across something that was to her liking. It was an old handbag that was full of something that sobo-san had always wanted her to have, and now she has it. Now to get it someplace safe so she could bury herself in the contents of the bag. As she was beginning to jump out of the van, a human came around ready to slide the door shut, but was interrupted by another human who had one last item to put in the back; a blood spattered rocking chair. Sobo-san's favorite. Keiana felt a bit queasy as her eyes studied the chair for that split second. Then she psyched herself out of it and jumped out of the van as fast as she could. She trotted over back to the tree to be greeted by an anticipant youko.

"You got what you need?" he asked.

"Hai." she replied. Then the van began to make it's way down the light blue road toward a light blue sky. Keiana's night show was just about over for a little while, it just depends on when the next full moon is going to be. The two foxes, a silvery white fox and a silvery black fox made their way back to the makai.