Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ More of the truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any YuYu hakusho characters, it's as simple as that.

Just like in many movies, the beginning is always the boring part. I guess you can say my fanfic is like that, but from this chapter on, things are bound to get a bit more interesting. Enjoy!

Ch.6: More of the truth

Kuronue's nose picked up a familiar scent. He sat up on the tree limb he was sleeping in and sniffed at another scent.

"Hmm? He's still with that mesunokitsune(vixen)." he thought out loud.

*************************************************************

"Okay, lets' go." Kurama said as he began to lead the way back to the hideout den. She just stood stationary as if she was clueless about something. He stopped and turned around.

"Now what? You forget something?" he said mockingly.

"'Let's go', as in-" she began.

"Well, what do you think I mean? What are you going to do, go back to the ningenkai, get caught by the humans and get taken into some top secret laboratory. Heh, that'll ruin it all for the youkai. And what about here in the makai, you going to get caught by the hunter youkai and be used for profit the rest of your life?" he explained.

"...," she sighed, " well, if it's like that, then I should introduce myself the right way. My name is Keiana, and you?" she stated.

"Kurama." he replied.

**************************************************************

Something would not get off of Keiana's mind as they approached the den.

"Kurama, can I ask you something?" she inaugurated.

"I don't know, can you." he said as he sat upon his favorite boulder near the mouth of the den. She grinned a little, getting the joke.

"Okay, may I ask you something." she re-stated.

"Is it personal?" he countered.

"No."

"Make it quick." he clarified.

"Well, remember earlier when you said my breed is suppose to be wiped out?"

"Hai."

"What did you mean by that?" she asked.

"I'm going to make this quick Keiana, so pay attention." he ordered.

"A war was being fought between- hey Kuronue," he tracked off, " you're just in time for a brief story time."

"Oh, joy, I hope I haven't interrupted." he said under enthusiastically and took a seat on the side of the den opposite to Kurama and Keiana.

"Anyway," Kurama began, " a war was going on between the silver foxes and greedy hunter demons in the makai for hundreds of years, way before I or even Kuronue was born. The hunters wanted the silver foxes' fur, and the silver foxes wanted to be left alone until quite recently, 15 years ago, the hunters devised a sinister plan. They would go out on full moon nights to somehow capture the silver foxes while they were vulnerable and easily seen. When all of the silver foxes were finally caught, they were forced into one area of the makai that made anything with spirit energy one-hundred times weaker. So if you were already a weak demon, you would expire almost instantly, and if you were strong, your powers would be equal, maybe lower than a human's. The hunters just shot and killed the demons who hadn't died already. And that's why you, Keiana, are like a celebrity in the makai. Because you just could be, the last silver fox." he explained. Keiana shuddered at that title, 'The last silver fox.' It sounded like some sad novel from the ningenkai.

"I see." was all Keiana could say for the moment.

" Wait a minute Kurama, you cannot ensure that she is truly the last silver fox in the makai. Just think, what if there are others like her, hidden in the human world without most anyone else's knowledge." Kuronue implied. It was silent for a minute. Then she broke the silence with a question she had been waiting for the longest to ask.

"What kind of demon are you?" asked Keiana. Kurama chuckled.

"Have you ever heard of a flying fox?" Kurama asked.

"That's not really what I am. I'm a fruit bat. Humans especially like to call us the flying fox because they think we look like a fox with giant wings." said Kuronue.

"His bat form is actually quite scary." Kurama said.

"Oh, and like your fox form isn't scary. Have you ever seen a fox with four tails?" Kuronue countered.

" It's normal for kitsunes. Every century they get another tail." Kurama said.

"Did you say, 'every century' as in one-hundred years?" Keiana asked in disbelief.

"You're on the right track, vixen. So in 85 years, expect another tail." Kurama ensured.

"So, how long do demons live?" she asked.

"Many have been known to live plenty over one-thousand years." answered Kuronue. Keiana was taken by surprise with all of these new facts and trivia that these two youkai were throwing at her. They wouldn't even stop to let her rest from her long night, but she didn't want them to stop. She wanted to learn more about youkai and the makai. They even told her everything she needed to know about spirit energy and how to use it. When she tried to use her own energy for something besides going into fox form was when the two older youkai decided to stop and let her rest for the rest of the day.