Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ Time to move on ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I simply do not own any of the YuYu Hakusho characters, but Keiana is my character.

Later in this chapter, you'll hear one of the characters say, " I bet she's never even picked up chopsticks in her life." I just want you to know that this is not literal. It's a phrase used by the Japanese that's used to describe a person who seems hopeless or useless, like a bratty rich kid or something like that.

Ch.7: Time to move on

"Are you almost done reading that Kurama?" Kuronue fussed impatiently.

"Just a second Kuronue, I'm almost done!" Kurama replied with an agitated tone in his voice. Kurama was reading the scroll he and Kuronue stole the previous night. It spoke of a legendary item that had yet to be discovered or touched.

"Okay Kuronue listen, to find out what this thing is we need to go find this demon, Serenia the cat demon." Kurama began. That name sounded awfully familiar to Kuronue, but he just couldn't place it.

"She will also tell us the way to find this item." he continued.

"Sounds easy enough, let's go," said Kuronue, then it hit him, " Serenia the cat demon?!"

"Uh-huh, but there's a dire setback, you have to be pure of heart to be able to contain this item." Kurama added.

"What?! Wait, back up a minute, do you even know who Serenia the cat demon is?" said a seemingly upset Kuronue. That outburst had lifted a drowsy silver fox up from her slumber in the back of the den.

"I actually don't have the guts to tell you, but first of all, I am not going with you on this journey if you go, and if you do go looking for that item I can rest assured that you'll find out who serenia is. But If you keep going on with this journey, I cannot rest assured that she will not follow a guy like you, or even me, back here, and if that does happen, you can rest assuered that I'll have both of your throats. So, I will tell you once now, do not let her follow you back! " Kuronue warned now almost out of breath.

"Uh, no, I do not know who Serenia that cat demon is, should I feel ashamed? Wether I should or shouldn't, you can rest assured that I will not lead her back here." Kurama said earnestly. A soft giggle was heard in the back of the den. The two demons glanced back there for a second and Kurama continued the discussion.

"Anyway, about the being pure of heart part-,"

"Pure of heart? What the hell's this got to do with being 'pure of heart'? Kuronue asked snatching the scroll. Kurama glared at him in a long silence. Keiana crawled on all fours closer to the fellow youkai to help her ascertain the discussion better.

"As I was saying," Kurama firmly continued, " you have to have a pure heart to be able to possess the item. That's our problem-,

"Your problem." Kuronue once again interrupted.

"Kuronue!"

"Sorry! Continue please."

"I've got an idea allow me to still, in a way, get a hold of the item." said Kurama.

"What, you gonna go study Shintoism?" Kuronue said sarcastically.

"No, I'll use her." said Kurama pointing to the nosy vixen. Keiana looked behind herself to her left and right, though no one else was around.

"M-me?" she asked with a shaky finger pointing to herself. Kurama nodded his head.

"Why Kurama?" Kuronue asked in monotone looking as if he was ready to slice Kurama's throat right then and there. It made Keiana wince a bit, but was surprised at how well Kurama handled such a situation, though at the moment she was kinda hoping that Kuronue would be able to get her out of Kurama's idea.

"Well, why do you think?" Kurama replied. Kuronue studied upon the vixen and studied upon the thought her gaining a legendary treasure that she would most definitely have no use for and take for granted. But the curiosity got to them all, what was the sacred treasure? Kuronue did not know what was worse, letting Keiana get possession of something so powerful and valuable for all of the wrong reasons, or letting someone else get a hold of the item and then they find out what it really was and wish he'd would have just let Keiana get it.

"I think you're way in over your head, I mean I bet she's never even picked up chopsticks in her life. But whatever, do what you feel is right I'm not stopping you. Good luck you two" said Kuronue. And with that he walked out of the den to find some tree to hang around in or something.

It was silent in the den between the two foxes for a while, but Keiana broke the silence.

"I'm going to a hot spring I saw earlier." she said and clutched a pretty pink and white Kimono from the beige handbag.

"You know you are going to have to get on with your life here in the makai as a demon now, your life in the ningenkai is over now, as a matter of fact you should never have had a life there, but it was for a reason. You've missed out on so many important things that you as a kitsune should know." Kurama spoke as she was passing him by. Keiana turned around to face him. "I know that Kurama, but I know my heritage, I am a full blooded silver fox. And as far as being a youkai, I'll catch up on what I should know about being one in the makai." she said with a sad smile on her face.

"But Kurama, you barely know me, how can you assume that I am pure of heart? Why wouldn't you be? It most incontestably would seem as if you weren't so bad yourself." she continued.

"Your different from the other demons for one thing, and I can just sense it... Your heart is pure." he replied.

"But know something, to you, I may seem to be worth more than I really am in some ways, but I am not and could most likely never be pure of heart." he added.

"You clearly are not some kind of an evil youkai, are you?" she asked.

"No, not evil, just not good. There's a difference between 'bad' and 'evil'."

"Hai. I suppose there is." she said

And with that, she walked out of the den to prepare herself for what the future had in store for her.