Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ Discussions ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own YuYu Hakusho, characters and all, but Keiana is my own character.

Thanks to those who have reviewed me so far, I take account of your praise and thoughts about this fic. This is the first time I've displayed a fanfiction on the internet, as in I have typed plenty of other fanfics, but never posted them and never will, because I deleted them! Oh, and if you want to see a picture of Keiana, look her up in the fanart section. I have an explanation for why this chapter took so long to post; I am a freshman in high school now and I just had to get use to my first few weeks there, most of you would know how it is. Ok, enough of my rambling!


Ch.8: Discussions

A long hot dip in the hotspring really helped Keiana feel more relaxed as she was trying to get used to all of this. But all of the thinking and worrying she had done so far left a terrible emptiness in her stomach. She had stumbled across a thorny bush that did it's best to conceal luscious blue berries. It was very difficult to reach the closest one without getting poked by a thorn. Getting poked meant acquiring a burning sensation under a small red wound inflicted on one of the most touch-sensitive places on the body, the tip of the finger. She yelped as she recoiled her hand from the bush, but she would not give up that easily. After a moment of thought, a bone chilling blue aura consumed her, and her silhouette changed into that of a 2 foot tall fox with shimmering black and silver fur and a white tipped tail. She carefully maneuvered her long slender body into the bush. Good thing it was summer, therefore she had her short silky summer pelt which had a low down chance of getting caught in any thorns, though what happened next made her kind of wish she did have her long thick coat which would have served as good armor against the thorns.

A loud powerful screech stabbed her highly sensitive ears as well as her concentration. She fought with all of her might not to jump up too high in the bush then had to calm her nerves down. Shaken, she slowly pull herself from inside the thorny bush to capture into her eyes the source of the wretched sound.

Keiana looked up into a nearby tree to catch a glimpse of a large black and brown figure hanging on a branch. As she focused her view on it more she saw what seemed to be a pair of large binocular eyes that would seem very useful for night vision. From the eyes, she was able to make out the whole figure of this creature. It looked like a large brown fox (without the tail), with giant bat wings that looked very familiar.

"Kuronue!" she barked almost happily.

"Boy are you easy to galvanize!" he screeched, not as harsh as the last time.

"How long have you been watching me?" Keiana asked suspiciously. He could have been watching while she was bathing earlier.

"Uh... just a-uh, just a couple of minutes." he stuttered with a long groan.

"But that's not important right now! I came to ask you something." he growled.

"Uh-huh, and what have you come to ask?" she said through a growl and a short bark.

"It's more like a favor but, when you and Kurama go to retrieve that sacred item, you have to track down a cat youkai so she can tell you guys what and where it is. The cat youkai, Serenia, is a female lecher and pretty much gets infatuated with any man she gets her eyes on. After that, she's a real nag and a pain in the you know what and will do anything to break a guy's heart, even if he doesn't really care about her." he explained in a howling screech.

"So, what are you implying?" she asked with a growl.

"I want you to make sure Kurama does not fall for her, damn it!" he exclaimed in something of a bark and a long hoarse growl.

"Matte, Kuronue-kun! I am not a cupid, or a love therapist at that! I will take no part in who or what Kurama-kun falls for. It's his choice." she whined.

"You mean, you don't care?" Kuronue's head tilted.

"Iie." she stuck her nose up.

"So, you aren't... infatuated with Kurama?" he tilted his head more.

"Nani?! Why would I be infatuated with him?" She stepped back with perked ears and a whining growl.

"But I would have thought that all females were attracted to him... Hey, maybe I'm becoming the hot one now." he growled. You could almost see the smile on his fox-like face.

"Ugh." she opened her mouth to show her teeth.

_________________________________________________________________ ____________

A/N: Uh, if I remember correctly, foxes cannot curl their lips like dogs and wolves can, Kurama would tell you that foxes do not need to, but the truth is that foxes don't have the muscles in their snouts to do it. (Heh, nice try Kurama-chan)