Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ Crude lessons of life ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It’s been a long time I know. I hope my faithfulls are still out there.>.< It wasn’t really writer’s block...I just kinda lost it for a while there. I’m sorry. >.>;; I’ll try to keep going, for I have been reading fanfics and thinking of my own...thinking of how I wanted to share my ideas too, but I must do the real work. I lost the notebook I was planning chapters 11-15 in, so I’ll take this chance to come up with newer better ideas. Hehe, so here is chapter 11. ^_^

Oh yeah...I don’t own YuYu Hakusho.

Ch. 11: Crude lessons of life.

The youko obviously didn’t want to rush or else he would’ve put that speed theory to test. He calmly cruised amongst the branches and leaves, steadily keeping an eyes on the little genko below, who had assumed her fox form in hopes of making it easier to leap over logs and through vines that caught so willingly onto her limbs. The sky was calm and clear...truly a good morning. The sun shone smoothly yet brightly as the morning horizon slowly fell lower into the sky; or was the sun moving higher? These illogical questions have still yet to cease from the young genko’s mind. Why did those demons have to kill her human grandmother? Perhaps she knew too much? Sobo-san suffered too much to begin with. She didn’t deserve what she got....

   Kurama dashed ahead so suddenly, that Keiana almost thought he was just going to leave her behind. But the scent of blood immediately made her fur stand on end, and almost instinctually, she dashed ahead too. The two kitsune stood on the perimeter of a large crater-like dome in the ground. Below was the scene of an gruesome onslaught of a defenseless demonic village. Kurama, seemingly amused, chuckled and began to turn around. Keiana’s only tail twitched as she looked back at him.

 “Before you say anything, little genko, I suggest you take into consideration that I am taking no part in a matter that has nothing to do with me.” Kurama said coldly, not looking back as he kept walking away. Keiana’s tail drooped as she sulked into his foot-steps, already convinced that there was simply no way to convince him to help the innocent. She ran through her mind over and over again that he was cold and heartless. If she wasn’t careful, he could turn on her any day. Already her primal kitsune instincts to accurately evaluate any given individual was taking it’s place in her logical intelligence. Over the past few nights, she could feel a growing pain of maturity taking over. Even her attitude changed from an over-enthusiastic, optimistic kid, to a mature, wise, and cunning vixen. Wisdom was always there for her, but it never lived...till now. Being versatile is very important at this point and she knew it so well that it made her head hurt. From this point on, it’s no more miss nice genko. She’ll keep her mouth shut until given the cue to speak. She will be suspicious of anyone she sees, and she will be ready for the worst to come..and the worst has yet to come.

   After a short distance of walking through a desolate wasteland, the noon sun at it’s highest and hottest point, Keiana had had enough. Even though her true side was uncovering itself slowly, she still didn’t have the endurance needed for long distance travel. Not once in her life in the human world had she left her foster home. Maybe just the occasional stepping out for fresh air, but then it was back in the depressing darkness for her. She loved her home dearly, but as many tortured souls come to believe; it’s just normal. Sobo-san didn’t know how to keep her safe from the outside world though. Sobo-san did the best she could. The weary genko sat, haunches down and panted heavily. She knew Kurama wasn’t leaving her for nothing, he wanted that treasure.

Kurama stopped and looked back with a raised eye-brow.

 “It does seem inconvenient for a fox of your color to be out in the harsh sun...” He said as a matter-of-factly. Keiana just shifted back into human form and plopped back onto the rocky ground with a heavy sigh. After a few seconds of laying there with the blinding sun in her eyes, a darkness shielded her eyes. Kurama had knelt down over her and examined her closely. For a moment, she was lost in his golden eyes as they pierced right through her dark fiery eyes. When she snapped out of her trance, she finally noticed the awkward silence that had taken place.

 “Err...what is up...?” she started with an annoyed expression. Still it seemed as if something was troubling him from the look he gave, if any.

 “Did you...grow or something..?” He asked, feeling slightly dumb. It showed all around her. The tell-tale signs being her complete and utter calmness. She seemed serious...a lot more serious. But the best sign of all was her body outline and structure. Everything about her seemed much more mature. The youko concluded in his mind that it only made sense that this change in her was a defensive mechanism from such a sudden change of worlds. Before she was taken to the makai, she was a gentle happy childish....kid. Now that she is here, her body made sudden improvements to help her survive in this world. Now she looks like an adult fox who knows what the hell she’s doing...

She only looks it. Sometimes looks are intimidating, but sometimes they’re antagonizing. If she only looks like a fair fight to an ambitious fighter, boy is she in for some danger.

 With that thought out, he stood again leaving her baffled at the question he had just asked.

 “Nevermind, you should just take ride on my back.” Kurama said as he looked over to a distant lift in the ground, There were some mountains far off ahead to the west. That would have to be the range the temple would be in. But first thing is first, crossing the deserted stretch of land was the main priority.

 “But it seems as if we have a visitor...or two...” Kurama calmly stated. Keiana stood up questioningly. Then a voice came from behind them.

  “What are you vermin doing out here so...alone?” Said the deeper male voice.

  “Yeah, you could get attacked by coyotes and wild dogs and there would be no one around to help you.” said the female voice. The female voice was unforgettable, but Kurama was not at all familiar with the other voice. He peered back at them in the corner of his eye while Keiana had taken a defensive stance as if she were ready to dart off any second now.

 “A dog and a rat...what an interesting pair.”said the youko as he turned to face them.

 “We merely joined forces, for one wants the other and another wants you.” the male riddled.

His long pure white hair shimmered under the blazing sun as his purple eyes battled with Kuramas golden ones. Serenia, who had joined forces with the dog-demon, Suukue, sent the same cold stare at Keiana. This time, Keiana sent it back. She didn’t know why Serenia always had to send these glares at her and she didn’t want to know.

Sorry if this chapter sucked, I know it was awful descriptive, but it helps you get to know Keiana a little more. I’m planning on making my series a long one with second and third books, but I need a good start with plenty of good ideas. Here’s a preview for the next chap.

Kurama makes a way for Keiana to escape without trouble from Serenia and Suukue. What will she do when she finds herself lost in an array of rocks and mazes, and what will happen when a mysterious white dragon sees this invader on his turf? You’ll see in the next chapter....