Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ hello bentai and a bit of info ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard disclaimer applies

~Chapter 13~

Bentai was busily helping a customer when Raye and the gang walked in. His red snake eyes looked puzzled, confused to see the hunter and prey together. When the customer left he led them to a back room. It was dark, light only coming from a pale light bulb hanging over head. There were tables and chairs under the bulb. There was another table along the back will almost completely in shadow, the gang could barely make out the barrels balanced on it. He sat down then gestured to the other chairs. When everyone sat down he asked. "Hhoww mayy I hhheeelpp yooou?"

~*~*~*~*~

Lazu's blue eyes scanned the room. He noticed Haya looking like she was reading a near by map.

"Come Haya." Lazu said turning and walking toward the door. He had a feeling that Haya was up to something. But he was unsure of what. It made him nervous, nervous and wary.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Raye smiled inwardly she noticed Bentai was trying his best not to hiss as much as he usually did, because it made him difficult to understand sometimes. "Tell us whateva you know Bentai." She got up and walked toward the table, the shadows enveloping her and making it look like she disappeared.

"Well-

"You know her?" Hiei snapped suddenly. His friend had nearly betrayed him and he had not seen the signs of it. Bentai was silent. Hiei glared. Raye had returned and was sitting at the table with a mug of something in her hand.

"Before you asked I stole the sword to get back at Lazu." She took a sip of the drink before immediately spitting it out. "Whe the hell is THIS Bentai!!!!" she shouted.

"Merithan."

"No wonder" she muttered.

"And you were saying?" Kurama said.

"Basically, Lazu has a pretty nasty past and we want revenge." Ajo said. Raye was too busy gagging and spitting to say much.

"We?" Kuwabara asked confusedly.

"Yeah, both of us." Raye said wiping her mouth

"Still hatteee itt?" Bentai said smiling.

"Still hate it." Everyone seemed semi-confused and expected Raye to explain, which she didn't. Hiei looked more and more annoyed as the pointless conversation wore on.

"What do you know Bentai." He said suddenly. Bentai turned to face the small demon. Snake eyes met red eyes in an unsaid apology.

"Paradissse hassss new barrierssss put up and ssssecurities tighter." Raye nodded urging him to continue. "He'sss got powerfull demonsss working for him too."

"Like?"

"Bonecrusher and Haya." Everyone remembered the run in with Haya, but the name Bonecrusher didn't ring any bells.

"Bonecrusher?" Yusuke asked. Kuwabara looked scared, this demons' name scared him, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know why he was called Bonecrusher. Hiei and Kurama looked impassive.

"He's a gate guardian." Ajo said. "He's called Bonecrusher because his fist could smash every bone in your body."

"And we have to pass Haya and Bonecrusher to get into Paradise?"

"No we have to pass Bonecrusher to get into Paradise." Everyone (except Ajo who already knew) glared at Raye. "We'll fight Haya somewhere in Paradise."

"And you said this would be easy!" Yusuke yelled grabbing the girl and shaking her. "YOU SAID THIS WOULD BE EASY!!!"

Raye threw Yusuke to the floor. She knelled down beside him and said, "I said I guess it would be easy. Turns out it's harder than I thought."

~*~*~*~*~

R&R