Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ and away we go! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Never have, never will…….

A/N: throughout the fic you will see (blah) those are Author notes

Special thanks to raithetigerspirt, Yumiko Yoshihana, Whowhenwhatever, Shiny Lights, and DemonandGoddess, for voting on what pairing will b in this fic. Thank you so much! *gives out cyber cookies and plushies*

~Chapter 12~

The next day the detectives met Raye exactly at the time she told them too.

"Good you're on time."

"Where's Ajo?" Yusuke asked. It made him uneasy knowing that Ajo could be creeping in and out of the shadows watching them.

"Meeting us at the portal. Where else would he be?"

"Point." The gang followed her into a dark forest. The forest wasn't pretty. It looked like some strange cross between a ningen forest and a Makai forest. It had normal trees, but Makai plants were seen growing all over them. There were strange bamboo plants as well.

"Urameshi, I really don't like this place." Kuwabara said getting nervous.

"Neither do I."

"Hn. Cowards." (you better know who this is -_-)

"Not really Hiei. (c told ya u knew) Kurama said turning to Hiei "This forest is making me nervous as well." The forest reminded him of the forest Kurone had been killed in.

This was one of the creepiest places in the Makai. That's one of the reasons Raye chose it. Also it had the weakest barrier leading to a region close to Paradise. She planned to scare the nigens to running off, getting then caught in one of the many traps she had set the night before. Hiei would be taken care of by Ajo. He was hiding somewhere in the forest. Thus, leaving Raye and Kurama alone to kill each other. Unfortunately the detectives didn't get scared. She signaled to Ajo to get out of hiding, and she continued leading them though the creepy bamboo forest.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Haya started reading the spines of various books. She stopped in front of a large old purple book, the book reeked of Lazu. She opened it slowly not wanting to harm the delicate book.

~*~*~*~*~

"Here we are." Raye said stopping the group in a clearing. A strange purple swirl hovering about two feet above the ground. The swirl kept spinning with different colors occasionally popping into the strange mix. The purple swirl casted a purple light over all who entered the clearing, Ajo who was standing by it, look strangely like some kind of manic.

"And that is?"

"An illegal portal. Why?" Yusuke was about to arrest them when he remembered his promise, `no matter what you can't arrest us.'

Ajo turned toward everyone. He looked at everyone straight in the eye. "What's wrong? Scared?" he taunted.

"Hell no."

~*~*~*~*~

"What the-" Haya said softly. The book was written in some strange language. It looked like some form of a shadow demon language, and one she had never seen before. She walked over to the desk and started copying the symbols out of the book.

~*~*~*~*~

The portal dropped them into a busy market place. Demons were hurrying around buying selling and trading different items. Raye led them through the crowds. Right into a shop that looked very familiar to Hiei. It was Bentai's.

~*~*~*~*~

Haya was in the middle of copying the 20th page when she heard footsteps. Her ears twitched as she pinpointed the location of the footsteps. "20, no, 25 feet away from the door." She thought quickly. She stuffed the book into the small space between the two book shelves. She stuffed her copies into her pocket. It wasn't the entire book but it was as much as she could get done. She would have to come back for the rest later. When she got up, and stood next to the bookshelf and pretended to be looking for a book. As soon as her act was together Lazu walked in.

~*~*~*~*~

R&R