Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I hate repeating my self

-Chapter 25-

"That was Haya. She said Lazu's onto her." Raye said as she put the phone down.

"Not good." Raye continued staring at the phone. Ajo looked up at her. "You ok?"

"Yeah." Raye sounded distracted.

"Are you gonna be ok?" Ajo rephrased the question.

"Yeah." Ajo came up behind her spun her around. He looked her straight in the eye.

"If you need anything, call kay?"

"Kay." Ajo quickly kissed her before he jumped out the window. Raye stood there shocked at what Ajo did. `Did he just kiss me?' She walked over to her bed and laid down. `It was nice…..' she fell asleep smiling at her friends action.

- - - - -

Ajo took off down the street he was as confused as Raye was about why the kiss happened. `She just needed to know that someone was there for her.' He convinced himself that it was true.

Maybe it wasn't true, maybe he was the one who need the support to go back to that hell hole. He quickly pushed away all the thoughts doubting what he said before away. `We need each other to get through this.' He thought. `It doesn't matter who needs who more.'

- - - - -

The detectives woke up the next morning tired as hell from the late meeting. All of them refused to move until their phones rang. One thing when through all of there heads.

"If its Yusuke (or Hiei is Yusuke's case) I'm gonna kill him."

Turns out it wasn't Yusuke. It was Raye and she wanted them to meet her at the duck pond in the park after school.

- - - - -

Raye had called Ajo earlier they needed to talk. Ajo walked up to the pond.

"We lost our lead." Raye said without turning around to face.

"What do you mean?" Ajo responded. He walked right up next to her and tossed some crackers to the ducks.

" Lazu's onto Haya. That's what the call was about. If he gets anymore suspicious he'll most likely kill her."

Ajo didn't answer. They needed Haya to get them a map of the palace; a dead Haya wouldn't do anyone any good. "That's a problem." Ajo finally said.

"We need to find another way in."

Suddenly the detectives arrived. The detectives were all still in their school uniforms, except for Hiei who was still wearing black. Raye and Ajo immediately shut up. The detectives didn't know about Haya and they two needed to keep it that way.

"So whats new." Yusuke asked.

"Were leaving tomorrow." Raye answered.

"Excuse me?" Kuwabara asked.

"Were leaving tomorrow." She repeated.

"Why so soon. You didn't even give us time to prepare." Kurama said. It was unlike Iumae to leave without planning everything.

"Don't worry Youko, its all been taken care off." Ajo said smiling.

"Where do we meet you?" Hiei asked.

"Here five o'clock." With that the Ajo left.

"Isn't that a little early?" Kuwabara asked

Raye never answered the question. "I suggest that you start getting ready. We won't wait for stragglers." With that she left.

- - The next morning. - -

Hiei was balancing on the guard rail of the duck pond. Kurama arrived next. He was wearing a white shirt and pants (dark tournament outfit). He turned when he heard footsteps behind him. It was Yusuke he was wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants (dark tournament outfit, I like their dark tournament outfits,except to kuwa's that was just plain ugly. Opps! Talking too much back to fic). Kuwabara arrived wearing his usual. Lastly Raye and Ajo arrived. Raye was wearing jeans and a dark blue tank top. Ajo was wearing a red top with black pants. His yellow eyes scanned the detectives.

"Your lead Ajo. You know the way." Yusuke said. Ajo didn't seem shocked that Yusuke knew. Maybe Raye had told him about the conversation.

Ajo nodded. And ripped open a portal into the Makai.

- - - - -

END OF PART 1

R&R