Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't own, got that?

-Chapter 24-

"Couldn't sleep?" Ajo said. It didn't sound like the truth even though it was.

"Seriously?" Raye said disbelievingly.

"Yeah." Raye moved from the window and gestured to Ajo to come inside. Ajo stepped into her room. Raye walked back over to her bed and sat down crossed legged (or Indian style what ever you call it). Ajo was standing in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do.

"So you're not mad at me?" Raye asked. Her wavy (is straightened but it done so it isn't straight. Got that?) dark brown hair fell over one shoulder.

"Yeah." Ajo said distractedly. `Damn she looks cute like that. Wait, what am I thinking!!'

"And you know why I was angry with Youko?"

"What happened your hair?" Ajo asked suddenly noticing the messed up highlights. Raye's eyes narrowed.

"Damn detectives. Called me up when I was in the middle of doing it. The phone rang loud enough to knock me of the counter I was sitting on and when I fell this." She said pointing at her hair "happened." She sighed. "And I can't wash it out it has to grow out."

"Why don't you re-dye it the natural color?" Ajo asked spinning the computer chair so it was facing her before he sat down.

"Don't have the natural color dye. And all the stores are closed till tomorrow"

"Wanna steal some?" Ajo offered with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"I was waiting for you to say that. Lets go." With that the two climbed out the window and headed for the store.

- - - - -

Kurama thought about what he was going to say. Hiei already didn't trust the two but they were the only connection into Paradise, so they had to trust them. At least a little. "I got in a fight with Ajo."

"Ajo did that to you." Hiei said making himself comfortable. "That I believe. And Why?"

"Happened years ago."

"Hn. Plan on telling me kitsune." Hiei asked.

"No." Kurama removed the ice. 20 minutes with it on, few minutes without ice, then another 20 minutes icing. (my coach told me this when I hurt my ankle. Works pretty well)

"Hn. Whatever you do Kurama watch your back. I have a bad feeling about those two." With that Hiei disappeared.

- - - -

Raye had her head in the sink while Ajo was carefully putting the brown dye in her hair. The thievery went easier than planed. Who knew security was so lax at the corner store.

Ajo was being very careful. Turned out the highlight were really messed up. It had to have been a bad fall. He was literally redoing her entire head. Luckily if he screwed up no one would know.

"Done yet?" Raye asked.

"Almost."

-Some time later-

"Alright done." Ajo carefully lifted the hairdryer off her head and helped her out of the chair. She got up and looked in the mirror. "Like?" Ajo asked.

"Ajo. If you ever want to start your own hairdressing studio, I'll recommend you to all my friends." She now had dark brown hair with lighter brown highlights. It looked completely natural.

"Never seen you with completely brown hair." Ajo said walking behind her and holding a piece of her brown hair in his hand inspecting it.

"Really?" Raye asked turning around. The two ended up inches away from each other. "Well, how do I look?" She asked.

"Good actually, I like this better than the highlights." Ajo turned and started heading toward the computer chair. Successfully hiding a blush that was threatening to appear because so their closeness. Raye followed him and sat back down on her bed, and was almost done translating.

"What is that? You've been at it for hours."

"Translating something bout the Tiger Eye know anything about it?"

"Yes…." Ajo said dragging it out. Raye looked at him. "But probably nothing that isn't in that book." Raye went back to the page. "Why are you so curious?"

"You know what it is, you know what I want so why are you asking?" Suddenly Raye's phone rang. "What is with people calling me late? Cant they wait till morning like normal people?" She said as she answered it.

"Talk to me." Her face fell as the conversation went on "yeah. Ok. Sure, sure just try to get to me when ever you can. Ok. Bye." She hung up and looked at Ajo. Concern was written all over her face.

- - - - -

CLIFFY!!!!!!!!

And I need a name for part 2, if anyone has suggestions please say so in a review.

R&R