Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Can't say I own

-Chapter 23-

"Ajo?" Yusuke said shockingly. "Ajo is your master plan into the castle?!"

"Look. I've got everything under control. Trust me Ajo can get us in and out, in hopefully one piece." Raye answered as she was flipping through a t.v. guide looking for a movie or something that would put her to sleep.

"I think we all would appreciate if you at least pretend to pay attention to what we're saying Raye." Kurama said. Raye rolled her eyes and threw the guide at Kuwabara who was about to fall asleep.

"Might wanna tell him that instead of me."

"How do you know Ajo will get us threw the castle?" Hiei said. They detectives agreed that they were going to keep what Bentai told them a secret from Raye and Ajo.

"I know you know that Ajo was prisoner there for a while." The detective just looked at the girl. How the hell did she know? Raye looked at each of there faces. "Connections." With that she got up and headed out. "I dunno bout you but I wanna sleep tonight so I'm gone." With that they herd the door close.

- - - - -

Haya couldn't go back to sleep. The idea of Lazu knowing that she had left was unsetting. She got up and headed to the closet. She opened the wardrobe and pulled open a small drawer. She took out a cell phone and she headed to the bathroom.

- - - - -

Ajo decided that he was gonna go for a walk. Somehow he found himself outside of Raye's house. He looked up to the window and noticed that the light was on. He looked momentarily confused, Raye was one of those people liked to sleep. He started climbing the oak tree outside of her window to see what was up.

He sat on a branch and looked though the window. She had just walked into her room from the connecting bathroom and was mumbling to herself. He smelled nail polish remover coming from the connecting bathroom.

She was saying something about `dumbass detectives calling me up at 2 in the f----- morning and ruining nails.'

`That explains the nail polish remover.' He thought

The first comment was then followed by more mumbling that he couldn't make out. She sat down and had a book and looked like she was reading something difficult.

He knocked lightly on her window. She looked up and saw the tiger demon wave at her. She smiled and got up and opened her window. Raye sat on her window seat (the seat inside under the window what do you call that?) with her head and shoulders outside elbows propped on the sill. "So what did I do to deserve this midnight visit?" She asked.

- - - - -

"How the hell did she find out?" Yusuke half yelled. The other detectives looked just as confused. Hiei was lost in thought. `How does she know? How many people does she have working for her?'

"Yusuke can I have some ice?" Kurama asked realizing that he was getting a black eye.

"What the hell happened to you?" Hiei said looking a Kurama's bruising eye.

"Tripped and fell on the corner of my book." He said getting up. Half truth he had fallen, but it wasn't a book that hit him. The demon detective shook his head. He had been friends with Kurama long enough to know that he almost never tripped. Hiei disappeared in a black blur.

Kurama got his ice, bade Yusuke farewell, and headed home. Kuwabara on the other hand looked like he would be spending the night at Yusuke's house. He had fallen asleep on the couch. With the TV Guide Raye had thrown at him covering his face. Yusuke rolled his eyes at his friends sleeping form and headed to his room to get some sleep. "So glad it's a Friday." Ysuske said as he laid down.

- - - - -

Kurama was lying on his bed icing his eye. When he sensed Hiei's energy at his window.

"It's open." He said closing both eyes. He knew what Hiei was going to ask. He was gonna ask what the hell was wrong with his eye, then what the hell was that crapy ass lie.

"What the hell happened to your eye?" Hiei asked as he opened the window and sat on a branch outside it. Kurama opened his mouth to speak when Hiei cut him off. "And don't lie to me kitsune. I have no reason to believe you tripped"

"I knew you were going to say that." Kurama said opening his good eye and smiling slightly.

"Hn."

- - - - -

R&R