Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own yyh. But I DO own Iumae, Raye and Ajo. You can't use them without permission!!!!

-Prologue-

Raye flipped her dark brown and red hair over her shoulder. It had been a long time since she had walked these streets. The Makai knew her, but it did not know her in this form. It knew Iumae, the black kitsune. It was hard to forget Iunmae, she robbed, killed and did whatever she pleased.

Many demons stared at the dark skinned beauty. Somehow they knew not to mess with her. Maybe it was the way she looked around, maybe it was the way she walked or maybe it was the muscles in her arms, reveled by her purple tank top told them her punch could, and probably would kill.

Raye sighed the Makai had gotten dull in the past sixteen years. When she was last her there were demons to fear, fights around every corner and interesting treasure. But it had gotten quiet, eerily quiet. Maybe the new Sprit Detective had something to do it. She sighed again, lost in her own thoughts as she walked into a weaponry.

A soft bell rang announcing the small shopkeeper of her presence, "How may I help you miss?" The scrawny demon asked from behind the counter. "He looks like he's never touched on of these blades, I would be a waste of time to kill him after I'm done here." She thought.

"I'm looking for a demon named Ajo, I heard he was living here."

"Oh….. Ajo?" The demon stuttered she saw fear flicker in his eyes. "He-he requested that no one be allowed to see him."

"Tell him its Iumae, he should let me see him."

"Yes-yes ma'ma." He ran of still looking terrified that she knew one of the greatest Makai criminals was hiding in his shop. Raye wandered around the store. Picking up weapons, inspecting them, them putting them back, waiting for the shopkeeper to return.

"He will see you miss" He said peeping out of a doorway. "In here" He motioned with his said to come in. Raye half smiled half smirked, reveling her pointy K9's. Her mom made her get those teeth filed every time she went to the dentist because they were so pointy. (A/N: this is possible; I've gotten my teeth filed before) She walked into the doorway and the shopkeeper closed the door.

"Hello Iumae, you are looking well" The tiger demon's yellow eyes fixed her with a gaze. His blondish brown hair covered on of his eyes. His attire was exactly as she remembered, black pants and a white and orange sleeve less shirt, with a dark red jacket.

"Don't know if I can say the same," she said sitting in the chair on the opposite side of the table. "resorting to hiding in the backroom of shops that's not how I remember you." She said a hint of sarcasm was in her voice. "You used to be one of the greatest killers in the Makai, what happened when I was gone?"

"New Sprit Detectives on my ass."

"Why" confusion flickered in her brown eyes, "You were my partner sixteen years ago, why now?"

"They're going after every well feared demon in the Makai."

"Sixteen years ago!!! SIXTEEN YEARS AGO????!!!!?"

Ajo's eyes darkened. "There not after me for crimes sixteen years ago, they have them on record." Excitement was in his voice all of a sudden, "I stole the blueprint to a building even the great Yoko Kurama couldn't break into." Raye suddenly became excited, "Something Yoko couldn't break into?" she thought. "This ought to be fun."

"What exactly do you have in mind?"

~*~

yes I DO know that the yyh cast isn't in this chapter but they will appear, don't worry.