Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Alliance ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5:Alliance
 
It had been a few days since Bikou told the Spirit Detectives about Goro and his plan to bring Kyo back to life. No matter what Koenma did, he couldn't find anything on Kyo. For all Koenma knew, he didn't exist. Hiei didn't tell them that he knew Bikou, even though he really didn't, she just helped him out one day.
 
Everyone was healed by now. Hiei's leg was still stiff, but he didn't bother to mention that. Koenma's spies informed him that Goro was just about ready to revive Kyo and this would be their only chance to stop him. “You gotta be kidding me! He kicked our asses last time without even trying!” Yusuke shouted. “Yes, Bikou was the only one who gave Goro a challenge,” Kurama said. Koenma thought for a moment and sighed deeply, “I know, but we have to stop Goro. If what Bikou says is correct and Kyo is stronger than Goro, we need to stop him now.”
 
“And how can we trust her?” Yusuke shouted. “She's saved us twice and gave us information on Kyo and Goro,” Kurama reminded Yusuke. “Here is a good time for `the enemy of my enemy is my friend' exception,” Koenma said. “You can't be serious!” Kuwabara shouted. “I don't like it either, but Bikou is the only one who can hold her own against Goro,” Koenma said grimly. “And we're supposed to trust her how?” Yusuke asked skeptically. “Yeah! She could be waiting for us to ask her to help us then she'll kill us when we're done!” Kuwabara shouted in addition to Yusuke's comment. “She's plenty of opportunities to kill us, yet she hasn't taken any of them. We'll have to take the risk. She's not killing innocent people,” Kurama stated as Koenma nodded in agreement.
 
“Hiei, can you find Bikou?” Kurama asked. Hiei looked around a bit with his jagan eye and dashed off towards a forest in the east. The others followed him into the dense forest. All four boys stopped as the sense many demons in the forest. “What the hell? It's like there's an army here,” Yusuke said, looking around to see if any demons where nearby. “Aren't you the smart one, detective,” a female voice said. The boys looked to their left and there was Bikou, using a katana to slash numerous demons who where charging at her from all sides. “Get her! We must kill her for Goro-sama!” one of the demons shouted. That was enough to convince the boys to start fighting the demons as well. They didn't have much choice as some of the demons started attacking them as well anyway.
 
Kuwabara kept slashing through demons with his Spirit Sword, Yusuke pummeled quite a few demons before he started using his Spirit Gun when he got bored or frustrated, Kurama minced his share of demons with his Rose Whip and Hiei managed to slice and dice a good number of demons. “Damn it, where's Bikou?” Yusuke asked, looking around for the mysterious female. “I'm over here,” Bikou said while cleaning the blood of her katana with a piece of clothing one of the demons she killed was wearing. “What the hell was that about?” Kuwabara asked. “Goro's busy resurrecting Kyo, so he sent these demons to stall me. What are you four doing here?” she asked venomously. “We need your help to stop Goro,” Kurama answered, not sure what to expect. “'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.' Figures Koenma would resort to this. Fine, I'll help you, only because I can't stand Goro and Kyo,” Bikou replied. It was obvious she was pissed with Goro's pathetic attempt to stop her, and even more annoyed that the Spirit Detective intervened in her fight. “Uh… do you know where he is?” Kuwabara asked. Bikou sighed and started running off towards the eastern mountains.
 
“This guy have a thing for rocks or something? Last time, he was in a wasteland, now we're in a mountain range,” Yusuke said annoyed. “He's an earth demon. He feels safer when he's surrounded by pure earth,” Bikou answers as she picks up speed. “Hey, wait up!” Yusuke said as all four boys picked up speed to keep up with Bikou, but she was gone. “Damn, where'd she go?” Yusuke said to no one, but got answered by a demon trying to attack him. “Kill them! She cares for them!” one of the demons said as they tried to kill the Spirit Detectives. Just like the previous army, this one was easily dealt with. “What was that about?” Yusuke asked, “And what did he mean `she cares for them'?” The boys exchanged confused glances but where interrupted by a huge demonic energy shooting up not far away.
 
The boys dashed towards the energy as fast as they could. When they got there, they say Bikou and Goro locked in battle with a huge machine with an alchemy symbol all around it. “Don't just stand there! Stop the machine!” Bikou shouts as she continues to fight Goro. Kurama immediately ran over to the machine, followed by the other three boys. When he tried to reach for the machine, he was forced back by energy. “It's the alchemy. It's protecting the machine,” Hiei said as Yusuke helped Kurama up. “How the hell are we supposed to get through it,” Yusuke asked, feeling helpless which pissed him off. The next thing the boys knew, Goro went flying into the barrier around the machine and was fried by it. He fell to the ground lifeless, his skin charred. Bikou came limping over, she had a huge gash on her left leg, a gash from her right shoulder to her left hip across her back, and numerous cuts on her abdomen, and there was still no clue to what she really looked like except her scarlet eyes.
 
“How the hell are we supposed to get through this?!” Yusuke demanded. Bikou sighed and walked over to the alchemy barrier and kicked a bunch of dust which passed through harmlessly. The alchemy circle began to break and the field around the machine faded. Yusuke and Kuwabara stared at Bikou stupidly. “Break the circle, break the spell. I expected better out of you two,” she said, looking to Hiei and Kurama. “You didn't give us any time to act,” Kurama countered. Bikou ignored the comment and limped over to the machine, the boys following her. She tried to stop the process, but nothing worked. “Damn it,” she said quietly. “Move,” Yusuke said. Bikou looked at him as he took his stance for his Spirit Gun and moved away from the machine. “Spirit Gun!” Yusuke shouted and fired his attack at the machine. When the smoke cleared, the machine was destroyed. “There, now let's go,” Yusuke said. “No, he didn't…” Bikou said, her eyes widening. “Get out of here!” she said as she forced the boys to start running. Bikou, being faster, even if she was wounded, was in front of the group when the remains of the machine exploded. Everyone was thrown forward due to the huge blast. Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Bikou all got up and stared at what came out of the remains. There stood a demon that looked human except for his pointed ears. He had dark green eyes and short ice blue hair, but long enough to have the messy hair style. He looked down to the ground and saw an unconscious Kurama. He held up his hand and fired an energy blast at Kurama. “Kurama!” Yusuke shouted. When the dust cleared, there was a huge crater. The boys' eyes grew wide but they seemed relieved when Bikou appeared with Kurama in her arms. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up at Bikou, then he looked over to the demon who was so interested in Bikou. He licked his lips lustfully and Bikou groaned in disgust. “Who the hell is that?” Yusuke asked. “Kyo,” Bikou said simply.