Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Answers, Part I ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7:Answers, Part I
 
Kurama opened his eyes and looked around. He found his friends unconscious on the ground, but the smoke seemed to cloud everything else. As the smoke faded, he saw a huge crater surround them. “What happened?” he asked himself. His eyes grew wide as he began to look for Bikou. He started where she was last standing then looked in front of his unconscious friends. That's when he saw Bikou, lying face down on the ground. Her outfit was torn horribly, most of it was gone except for some censoring parts around her chest, pelvic area and head. All that, and her identity was still a secret. He could easily take her mask off now and see what she really looked like, but Kurama couldn't bring himself to do it.
 
Kurama turned around to see Yusuke getting off the ground. “What happened?” he asked rubbing his head. “It appears Bikou saved us again,” Kurama answered, not leaving Bikou's side. Yusuke walked over to Kurama and stared at the now half naked female. “What did Kyo call her? Scarlet? Well, I guess she was named that for her eyes,” he said as thoughts ran through his head. Kurama nodded and looked towards the unconscious Hiei and Kuwabara. “Getting the three of them back is going to be a problem. I can barely stand,” Kurama said tiredly. Yusuke nodded, “Yeah. I hope at least one of them wakes up.” After a few moments, both Hiei and Kuwabara get up, both just as tired as Kurama and Yusuke. They both walk over and stare at Bikou lying on the ground. “Who's going to carry her?” Hiei asked the question everyone was thinking. Kurama bent down and used what little strength he had left to pull Bikou onto his back. Yusuke then pulled out his communicator and contacted Koenma. A portal appeared next to them and they all headed to see Koenma.
 
This time, Koenma had seen everything that happened so he didn't need them to fill him in. He sent the boys to their rooms to rest up while two ogres took Bikou to a dungeon to wait for her to wake up. Koenma spent many hours trying to find information on Bikou, now A.K.A. Scarlet, but nothing came up. He sighed and slumped in his chair. This was the second case where he couldn't find anything on someone. He grimaced the thought of what his father, King Enma, would do if he found out that two high priority criminals' files where missing.
 
Kurama lay in his bed, not being able to sleep. If Bikou was really a criminal, why did she keep helping them? Sure, the first few times where simple, just get them somewhere safe, but this time was bugging Kurama to no end. What kind of person puts their life on the line for their enemy? “There has to be something I'm missing,” Kurama thought. The more he thought about Bikou, the more he realized that she and Kyo knew each other. It didn't surprise him that much; after all, she loathed the guy. But there was something about Kyo that was bugging him now. It was like he'd had seen him before, but he can't quite remember where and how. Kurama pushed it to the back of his mind for now, he needed rest. Kurama turned onto his side and slowly drift off into a sound slumber.
 
Hiei couldn't sleep either. He was the same things as Kurama, though Hiei's were a little more complicated. He didn't know what to make of Bikou. He was sure she was the one who helped when that demon got the better of him years ago, but what was she doing now? If she is a thief, why would she risk being caught to protect them? And since they where enemies, it made even less sense. He couldn't understand why she would go to such extents to protect them. Just like Kurama, he put these thoughts aside and fell asleep.
 
It had been a few days since the boys' narrow escape from Kyo. They where all well rested up and ready for training. Before they could start training however, Koenma had called them to his office so they could interrogate Bikou. They all waited as two ogres escorted Bikou in. She was still in her torn clothing, spirit cuffs suppressing her spirit energy so she couldn't try any tricks or try to escape. The ogres left the room as directed by Koenma as he studied Bikou. She just stood their, eyes closed, apparently waiting for someone to start talking. “What is your real name?” Koenma asked. “Scarlet, as I'm sure you've found out,” she replied. “What happened to your file?” Koenma asked. “Kyo made sure I didn't have one,” she replied again. Koenma raised an eyebrow at how cooperative Scarlet was being. “I made a deal with your Spirit Detectives. They capture me; I answer any questions they might have. All though kidnapping someone when they're out cold isn't my idea of fair play, I still got caught,” she answered Koenma's unasked question.
 
“What do you mean `Kyo made sure you didn't have one'?” Koenma asked. “Just that. From the start, he made sure no one knew of my existence,” Scarlet replied, still not looking at anyone, keeping her eyes shut. “Why did you protect Yusuke and the others?” Scarlet opened her eyes, “Like I said before, I have my own way of doing things.” Koenma sighed and Scarlet spoke, “May I please change? These garments are becoming bothersome.” Koenma stared at Scarlet then shook his head, “You'll deal with those for now.” Scarlet sighed, somewhat annoyed but nodded none the less. “Just how do you know Kyo?” Koenma asked. “I used to work for him,” she replied. “You're the one who killed Kyo, correct?” Kurama asked. Scarlet nodded and waited for the next question. “I want specifics this time. Why are you so intent on helping us?” Scarlet sighed, “Like I said, these clothes are becoming bothersome. Showing does a hell of a lot more than telling.” Koenma sighed and looked to Kurama. “Kurama, you're closest in size. Would you please lend her some of your clothes?” Kurama nodded a bit and Koenma took the spirit cuffs off Scarlet. She rubbed her wrists and followed Kurama out of the room.
 
Kurama led Scarlet to his room. She looked around the familiar room and smirked, but her facemask hid it from Kurama's view. Kurama pulled out a pair of jeans and a baggy gray t-shirt. “Here,” he says politely and walks out of the room so Scarlet can change. “Thanks,” he hears her say as he shuts the door. “That was unexpected,” he thought as he kept his sense sharp so Scarlet couldn't escape. To his surprise, she didn't try to escape. She came out of the room and Kurama couldn't believe his eyes. He thought he'd ask questions later, he knew everyone else was going to ask them too. He escorted Scarlet back to Koenma's office and everyone stared at Scarlet in shock. She had fair, semi-pale skin, her eyes seemed brighter when not surrounded by black, and her hair was…silver?! “She looks like a girl Youko!” Yusuke shouted the comment that everyone was thinking.