Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Answers, Part II ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 8: Answers, Part II
 
“She looks like a girl Youko!” Scarlet sighed at Yusuke's comment and crossed her arms. “It's like living in the shadow of an older brother,” she mumbled to herself. “So, you're not related to Youko?” Kuwabara asked. “That's a hard question to answer,” she replied with a sigh. “What do you mean?” Koenma asked. Scarlet smirked, “First,” she turned to Kurama, “Kyo seemed familiar to you, didn't he?” Everyone stared at Kurama and he nodded. “Yes, but I can't remember why.” Scarlet smirked, “Why not ask Youko?”
 
“Save us the trouble and tell us yourself, since you seem to know,” Koenma ordered. “Fine, I guess I'll meet Youko some other time,” she said with a smirk and leaned against the wall. “Well, it happened like this.”
 
FLASHBACK
 
Kyo was in a tree holding some type of gem in his hand. He was waiting for something. His dark green eyes scanned the field below and he smirked when he saw what he was after. He quickly disappeared from the tree and went in pursuit. Kyo was stealthy, but the person he was after was too smart to be fooled that easily. Kyo knew that his prey was onto him, but he was still the stronger of the two. He tackled the male in front of him and started pounding him in the back, getting in any cheep shots he could find. Kyo jumped back as a thorny whip was lashed at him, he only got a scrape on his arm. “Who the hell are you?” the male Kyo tackled demanded. “None of your concern, Youko. But you're going to regret messing with me,” he said and blasted Youko. Youko blocked most of the attack and countered his Rose Whip. Kyo attacked him again and hit him hard. Youko didn't have the time to waist fighting this moron, so he ran, not before getting his hair pulled by Kyo. Kyo glared at his hand as Youko ran away. “I'll get him,” he said as he clenched the strands of Youko's hair in his hands.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
“Why the hell did he attack Youko?” Yusuke asked. “A woman,” Scarlet said. “Wha?” Yusuke asked. “Kyo loved this one woman, but she only had eyes for Youko. After that fight, he went and killed her.”
 
“That's messed up,” Kuwabara said. Scarlet nodded. “You gonna tell us what's with the female Youko look?” Yusuke asked. “Sure. I'm a clone of Youko.” Everyone stared at her with a look of surprised. “What? The whole `ripping out Youko's hair' didn't tip you off?” Scarlet asked, being a bit of a smart ass. “So, Kyo created you?” Koenma asked. Scarlet nodded. “Why?” Hiei asked. “Bout time you said something,” Scarlet said with a smirk, “He created me to destroy Youko. But by the time Kyo had finished me, Youko had been attacked and he had fused his spirit with Shuichi here.”
 
FLASHBACK
 
“Finally,” Kyo said as the capsule in front of him began to hatch. Out of it fell a girl who looked only about a year old. She looked up at Kyo with her scarlet eyes, her silver hair framing her face and covering her eyes somewhat. “Scarlet Kurama, I am your master.”
 
“Yes, master,” young Scarlet said and followed Kyo to begin her training.
 
FOUR YEARS LATER
 
Scarlet had gotten control of all her powers by now and was a high A class demon. She was born with all the powers Youko had when he fused with the human's unborn child and was now ready to follow out her orders to kill Youko. She traveled to the human world and observed all of young Kurama's routines. She watched as his mother showed him compaction and love, something Kyo never showed her. She was cloned from Youko's DNA and was more like him than she could ever imagine. The only difference was she had a master, someone who created her. Here was Youko in his new body, also having the same problem adapting to having someone order him around, but this person showed him love. Slowly, little by little, Kurama began to show the love back. Scarlet realized what it was and began to learn as well.
 
Kyo grew tired of Scarlet's observations, he wanted Kurama's head. He ordered Scarlet to kill him that day, his fourth birthday. Scarlet obeyed and went to the human world again, this time with plans to kill Kurama. She watched as Kurama, his mother and father sat around a birthday cake. Kurama laughed and blew out the candles, then put cake all over his face. Scarlet couldn't help but giggle, which brought Kurama's mother's attention to her. She saw this and ran out of site. “What's wrong mommy?” little Kurama asked. “Nothing,” she said with a smile and hugged Kurama.
 
Scarlet couldn't bring herself to kill Kurama, but she couldn't go back empty handed again. So, she snuck into Kurama's bedroom while everyone was down stairs and took his favorite toy, a stuffed fox, and ran back to the Makai. She found some random demon and slaughtered him, then soaked the fox in its blood. She ran back to Kyo's hideout and handed him the fox. “Very good, my little clone. Not something Youko would do, but good enough,” Kyo said. Scarlet's temper flared at being called his `little clone' yet again. She was sick of it. After seeing Kurama's mother look at her so lovingly, she couldn't take it. “I'M NOT YOUR LITTLE CLONE!!!” she shouted and took out her Rose Whip and slashed Kyo down the back. She then took her Death Plant and planted it in the wound, letting the plant take Kyo down a lot easier. She watched as the Death Plant devoured Kyo slowly. She glared at his remains and left the hideout.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
“So, you where created to kill me,” Kurama stated, a bit sadly. She nodded, “As you can see, I don't take orders that well.”
 
“But why didn't you kill me?” Kurama asked. “Couldn't bring myself to do it. Watching you like that for all those months, made me think of you as a brother.”