Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Girl’s Day Out ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 9:Girl's Day Out
 
It had been a few days since Scarlet spilled her guts out about Kyo and who she really was. Even if she did help Yusuke and the others, she was still a criminal so Scarlet was locked in the dungeon, although she was trusted enough to the point she didn't need spirit cuffs. Kurama visited Scarlet often. She still wore his clothes, which were getting dirty in the ancient dungeons. A few times, Kurama turned into Youko, giving Scarlet time to meet the person she was cloned from. She found that she was indeed like him, but at the same time, a bit different.
 
Koenma and the boys where sitting in his office after coming to an agreement on Scarlet. Two guards escorted Scarlet into Koenma's office and leave right afterwards. Scarlet sat down, her hair easily looking filthy due to the silver color. Koenma cleared his throat and began the meeting. “I've gone through all the reports of the crimes you've committed and I must say, you've done more than your share,” Koenma said with a serious tone. Scarlet sighed, “I know what I've done. Please get to the point.” Koenma sighed, “All right. I'd like you to join Team Urameshi. You'll work with them until Kyo's defeat, then you'll go back into lock up.” Scarlet scoffed, “That's not much of a deal.”
 
“It's that or execution. Take your pick,” Koenma said sternly. “Fine,” Scarlet said with a sigh.
 
Scarlet was shown to her room which was next to Kurama's. The walls where a light blue with red roses all around the borders, a full size bed with red satin sheets and pillow cases; there was an oak nightstand next to the bed and a huge bookcase filled with books. “Seems Kurama had a talk with the designers,” Scarlet said as she looked in the huge closet, which was empty. “I guess I need to get a wardrobe,” she said with a sigh. “That's where I come in!” Scarlet heard from behind her. She turned around to see a perky blue haired, pink eyed woman standing in her doorway. “Hi, I'm Botan. Koenma told me that you where joining the team,” she said with a smile. Scarlet nodded, “Scarlet.” Botan walked in the room and grabbed Scarlet's wrists. “Come on. Time to go shopping!” she said and lead Scarlet outside.
 
After picking up a human, female brunette named Keiko and an ice apparition named Yukina, Botan took Scarlet her favorite mall in Ningenkai. Scarlet looked around the mall. She had been to the human world plenty of times, but she never actually been in a mall before. She looked at Botan, Yukina and Keiko chatting away about what store to take her in first. Yukina noticed Scarlet looking and around and she went over to her. “What types of clothes do you like to wear?” she asked with a smile. Scarlet thought for a minute. “I guess I'm partial to slender and form fitting; comfortable and easy to fight in,” she answered. The three girls smiled and dragged Scarlet into one of the many stores in the mall. They look through a lot of clothing, trying to find Scarlet's size. After they found her size, they started looking for outfits that she likes. They got lots of outfits, a light blue belly shirt, blue jean flares and boot cuts, they got her some sneakers as well as some more boots like the ones she originally had on and other stuff.
 
After they paid for all that stuff, Scarlet changed into one of the outfits, the light blue belly shirt with boot cut blue jeans. Scarlet walked out of the bathroom and got a lot of complements from the girls, as well as a good number of complements from cute guys passing by while they where walking. Scarlet ignored them and Botan stopped her. “Scarlet, say thanks. Not all boys are pervs,” she said with a smile. Scarlet shrugged and thanked the next few boys who complemented her on `how cute she was'.
 
Botan, Keiko and Yukina took Scarlet into a few other stores and bought her jewelry and other accessories. After they where finished with that, Scarlet and Keiko's stomachs growled at the same time. “That was weird,” Scarlet said with a smile. All four girls laughed and headed for the food court. Botan ordered four slices of pizza and soda for each of them and an order of fries to split. “So, Scarlet, you got a crush on anyone?” Botan asked with her usual nosey smile. “If I did, why would I tell you?” she said with a smirk. “Oh, come on. Just between us girl,” Botan pleaded. Keiko and Yukina nodded in agreement. “You girls first. Who do you like?” All three of them blushed a bit. “I like Kazuma,” Yukina said quietly. “Kuwabara? Okay, I guess I can see that,” Scarlet said with a smile. Yukina seemed relieved a bit and Scarlet looked to Keiko. “And you?” she asked. “Yusuke,” she said, just a little red, but not embarrassed. Scarlet smiled, “Gotta admit, he's not that bad lookin'.” Keiko looked at bit worried at Scarlet's comment but Scarlet held up her hand, “Don't worry. I don't think he's my type. `Sides, you had him first.”
 
“What about you, Botan?” Yukina asked. Botan seemed to go five shades of red as she whispered, “Kurama.” Scarlet's eyes grew wide. “You like my bro,” she said somewhat amused. “Is he really your brother? I mean… it's confusing,” Keiko asked. “I know, that's why I call him my bro. It feels that way with how I was always compared to him.”
 
“I thought you where compared to Youko,” Yukina stated. “Kurama is Youko,” Botan said with a smile. “Right,” Scarlet said with her own smile. “So, do you like anyone?” Botan asked. Scarlet shrugged, “Hiei, I guess.” The girls' eyes grew wide. “Hiei?!” they said together in shock. “Well, that explains what you did when they asked you about Goro,” Botan said with a suggestive wink. “What can I say? They guy's hot.” All four girls laughed and finished their lunch.
 
After lunch, the girls went back to Koenma's palace and helped Scarlet put everything away. “We should hang out again,” Botan said smiling. “Yeah, I had fun,” Keiko said. “Me too,” Yukina added. “Ditto. Let's have a Girl's Day Out some time soon,” Scarlet said with her own pleasant smile. The girls left the room when Scarlet got a bad feeling. She sighed and grabbed her katana and a white rose. She ran downstairs and found the boys sitting in the living room. They stopped what they where doing when they saw Scarlet. “What is it?” Kurama asked. “Kyo's attacking.”