Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Unfair Fight ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 10:Unfair Fight
 
Scarlet lead the boys to the area where Kyo was waiting. They had no idea what Kyo was up to, but there was no way they where going to let him do it. It didn't take them long to find him; he was only about a hundred yards away from the mansion. “Took you long enough,” he said with a smirk. “Damn,” Yusuke muttered under his breath. Kyo wasn't there alone; he brought an army with him. “Be prepared for anything,” Scarlet said, clenching her fist tighter around her katana hilt.
 
With that, they all engaged in battle. Yusuke and Kuwabara where fighting side by side as demon after demon tried to hit them at every angle, Kurama was fighting alone but holding his own and Hiei and Scarlet where fighting back to back, slashing anything that came their way. “Hn, not bad,” Hiei whispered to Scarlet. “You're not bad yourself,” she whispered with a smirk.
 
Kyo watched as Scarlet and her new companions slaughtered the demons he sent to stall them. Little did they know what he was planning. “They're stronger than I thought,” he said with a small smirk, “This just makes it more interesting.” Kyo particularly paid attention to how well Scarlet and Hiei fought together. “They make a good team. Let's see if I use that.”
 
With the numbers decreasing, the carnage was a lot quicker. Kurama used his Rose Whip, which allowed blood to splash everywhere at once. Kuwabara sliced demons with his Spirit Sword, which sprayed blood all around him. Yusuke obliterated demons with his spirit energy; there was nothing left to spread. Hiei and Scarlet on the other hand, they where causing most of the bloodshed. Stabbing and slicing enemies left and right, blood was plentiful with these two working together.
 
Scarlet stared Kyo down with Hiei next to her. They where the first to reach him, but the other three weren't far behind, they appeared behind Kyo a few moments later. “It's over, Kyo,” Yusuke said, determined to beat Kyo. Kyo chuckled evilly, “Pathetic.” Hiei glared at Kyo and was ready to attack him, but he couldn't move. “What the!?!” Kuwabara shouted; he couldn't move either. “The hell is going on?!” Yusuke shouted. “Damn it, Kyo!” Scarlet shouted as she tried to fight the hold he had on them all. “Scarlet, I'm surprised you fell for this. I thought I taught you better than this,” Kyo said with a lecherous smirk. All Scarlet did was growl, then her body seemed to go a bit limp, as did Hiei's. “What did you do to them?!” Kurama demanded after noticing Scarlet and Hiei's limp bodies. Kyo smiled evilly, “You shouldn't be worried about them so much as you should yourself.” After he said that, Hiei and Scarlet took their katanas in hand and charged at Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama. Now that they cold move, all three dodged the initial attack. “What the hell?!” Yusuke said as he dodged Hiei's attacks. “Kyo must've done something,” Kurama stated as he and Kuwabara dodged Scarlet's attacks. “Just what kind of demon is he?” Kuwabara mumbled to himself as Scarlet sliced his arm.
 
Kyo watched, amused that his plan had worked. He had Hiei and Scarlet to do his dirty work for him. “And once they're done with those three, I'll kill the mutt myself, and I'll have Scarlet working for me again,” he thought with an evil grin. Kyo didn't exactly care for Hiei. This was like when Youko stole the heart of the woman he loved back then. Hiei didn't have Scarlet's full affection, but it was still there, and that pissed him off, especially when he saw how much of lady she had become in his absence.
 
Kurama was the only one capable of fighting at this time. Yusuke and Kuwabara where wounded to the point where there couldn't stand and Yusuke's arms had been sliced up pretty badly. Scarlet charged Kurama and Kurama countered with a punch and a roundhouse kick, which made Scarlet fly backwards, next to Kyo. Kurama had just landed and noticed Hiei was charging at him. Kurama prepared to defend himself, but he didn't need to. Hiei was pinned to a nearby tree by a katana going through his leg. Hiei screamed as this happened, and Kurama immediately turned to Scarlet. She had just attacked Kyo and had pierced his stomach, and he had done the same to her, same attack too. Scarlet and Kyo jumped back at the same time, both panting heavily.
 
Kyo clenched his stomach and glared at Scarlet. “You bitch!” he shouted at her. “Hehheh, yeah, I'm not a stupid as you thought,” she said, clenching her own wound. Kyo then fell to the ground. He started hacking up blood, and lots of it. He glared at Scarlet before running off and disappearing by teleporting. “Asshole,” she said and walked back over to Kurama and the others. “The hell'd you do?” Yusuke asked. “I planted a poisonous plant in the wound. He won't bug us for awhile,” Scarlet said, then turned her attention to Hiei, who seemed to be himself again. He had a scowl on his face and wince when he ripped Scarlet's katana out of his leg. “Easy, Hiei,” she said as she sat next to him. When she tried to examine his leg, Hiei slapped her hand away. “What's your problem shorty?” Kuwabara asked. Scarlet sighed and whispered to him, “We both know why I had to do it. Now, quit being a baby about it and let me help you.”
 
Hiei glared at Scarlet, not letting her get anywhere near him. Scarlet sighed. “Hiei quit it! I know you're pissed but this isn't helping! Now, if you're gonna hit me, go ahead, but I'm still taking you back to Koenma's to get that leg looked at!” she shouted. Hiei stared at her, not knowing what to do. Scarlet took this opportunity to throw Hiei on her back and carry him. Yusuke and Kuwabara started snickering as they headed back to mansion while Kurama couldn't believe his eyes with that scene.
 
~*~Boring, yes, but I really needed to get this out of the way. And I'm being kicked of the computer soon. ~*~