Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Scars Upon The Heart ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 11:Scars Upon The Heart
 
Scarlet took Hiei inside and placed him on the couch. “Hiei!” Yukina cried and ran over to him. She put her hands on his leg and healed him. “Hn, thanks,” he said and then left the room. Scarlet looked at Hiei, then at Yukina. She noticed they had the same eyes, but she couldn't rely on that, she had the same color eyes as well. Scarlet decided to probe Yukina's mind to see if there was something between her and Hiei. She found nothing; except she was looking for her brother and that she thought he would be just like Hiei. “Looks like I gotta bug Hiei,” she thought and headed outside; she wasn't gonna bug him now, he'd kill her.
 
Nothing eventful happened after that. There where no missions the rest of the day and everyone just did things on their own. When dinner came around, Scarlet was no where to be found. “I wonder where Scarlet is?” Yukina asked, beginning to get a little worried. “I'm sure she's fine,” Botan said, trying to make Yukina feel better. “Yeah. She'll come in when she gets hungry,” Kuwabara said, stuffing his face.
 
Hours had passed and there still was no sign of Scarlet. Yukina grew even more worried, as did the others, while Hiei could care less. “You don't think she ran off, do you?” Kuwabara asked. “I doubt she would, but we can't rule it out,” Kurama answered, looking as worried as Yukina. “Maybe we should look for her,” Yusuke suggested. Everyone except Hiei agreed, he kept quiet throughout the conversation and didn't move when everyone agreed and started looking for her, the girls looking in the mansion and its ground and the boys further out.
 
SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE…
 
Scarlet had just left the mansion after Yukina healed Hiei. Attacking Hiei like that brought back memories, bad ones. Also, unlike Hiei, she wasn't controlled by Kyo. She knew what he wanted to do, so she let Kyo have the illusion that she was under his control, which meant she attacked her teammates. She didn't want to, but she knew that unless she attacked Kyo by surprise, there'd be no chance of getting Hiei back.
 
Hours passed and Scarlet couldn't get the memories out of her head. She looked up at the sky from her perch in the tree near her old hangout when she was a kid. She sighed and thought it'd be best to head back before Koenma thought she ran out on their deal. She had just gotten out of the tree when she felt a blast from behind burning her back. She flew forward and caught herself and bounced back to her feet. She glared at the demon in front of her and cut it in half with her Rose Whip. More demons appeared and stared attacking her from all sides. Caught off guard, Scarlet got a hit quite a few times, some of them critical hits. She growled and energy shot up from her body and surrounded the area. The area where the energy touched became scorched and all the demons had disappeared, obliterated by the energy. Scarlet got off the ground and looked back up at the sky. “I'm not going back tonight. No way am I explaining this to them,” she said and headed for a place, special only to her.
 
PRESENT…
 
The boys had split up, except Hiei who was sitting in his room, still pissed at Scarlet. Yusuke took the woods near the mansion, Kuwabara took the north and east areas, and Kurama looked outside the borders. Kurama kept looking and was about to give up, but he saw white, red and pink rose petals flying over head. He took that as a sign and followed them back to their source. Kurama's hunch was right, there was Scarlet. She was bloody and looked tired. She was bent down, like she was paying respects, underneath a tree. “Scarlet?” he said as he approached cautiously.
 
Scarlet heard Kurama's voice and looked behind her, a saddened expression pasted on her face, one that wasn't about to be lifted for awhile. “I'm sorry if I worried any of you,” she said and turned back to the unmarked grave in front of her. “What's the matter?” Kurama asked, walking next to her. “Recent events brought up bad memories,” she said, closing her eyes, refusing to cry, which the emotion was tempting her to. “What do you mean?” Kurama asked wanting to know what was bugging her. “I wasn't controlled by Kyo, but I need to pretend I was so I could catch him off guard.”
 
“Hiei and I would've done the same thing if we could. You shouldn't beat yourself up over that. You didn't hurt us too bad.” Scarlet shook her head, “That's not it. Also, when I attacked Hiei, it reminded me of Ayame.” Kurama raised an eyebrow, “Ayame?” Scarlet sighed, “An old friend of mine. Like Kuronue was to you.” Kurama's face became the same saddened emotion Scarlet wore. “She was the only one I could relate to. Both of us where creations of other people and both of us where screw ups, so she would say,” she said with a small smirk. Kurama looked to Scarlet with a slightly confused look. Scarlet looked to Kurama with sad eyes, but an amused smile. “She always said, `We screw ups gotta look out for each other.' And when I would ask her how I was a screw up, she'd say `We where both created to do whatever our creators wanted and we both did the exact opposite. We killed their dumb asses!'” Kurama chuckled lightly at the comment which made Scarlet seem a bit happier. “Come on. Before Koenma thinks you ran off,” Kurama said and turned away. Scarlet smiled and turned back to the grave, making flowers rise out of the ground before leaving with Kurama.
 
~*~ Yeah, yeah, it's short, but never fear! I shall write more next time! ~*~