Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking Of You ❯ Hide In Your Shell ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ta da! *a crash is heard in the background* eh, he he he *^_^ Anyways, What will happen? The author would like to remind you that she owns nothing. It really is rather sad. Thanks for the reviews ^_^!

Thinking of you

Hold on, Hold on to yourself, for this is gonna hurt like hell.

Hold on, Hold on to yourself, you know that only time can tell

What is in me that refuses to believe

This isn't easier than the real thing.

My love you know that you're my best friend, you know that I'd do anything for you.

And my love let nothing come between us my love is strong and true.

Am I in heaven here or am I… At the crossroads I am standing.

So now you're sleeping peaceful I lie awake and pray you'll be strong tomorrow

And we'll see another day and we will praise it.

I love the light that brings a smile across your face.

Oh god if you're out there won't you hear me.

I know we've never talked before.

Oh god the man I love is leaving, won't you take him when he comes to your door?

Am I in heaven here or am I in hell? At the crossroads I am standing.

So now you're sleeping peaceful I lie awake and pray you'll be strong tomorrow

And we will see another day and we will praise it.

I love the light that brings a smile across your face…

Hold on, hold on to yourself for this is gonna hurt like hell

~Hold On

By Sarah Mclachlan

Your foot slips.

~Hide in your shell cos the world is out to bleed you for a ride~

"Kurama?" you haven't said a word in minutes. I can't help but feel that the Forbidden Child has a curse upon his head that has extended to yours.

~What will you gain making your life a little longer?~

"Let me go Kurama," I tell you for the umpteenth time.

"I will not," You shout. "You deserve happiness as much as the rest of us! Why is it fate never allows you the chance to try? You nearly have no feelings left!"

~Heaven or Hell, was the journey cold that gave you eyes of steel?~

"I had none `til I met you, and I hid behind that mask for as long as I could, not wanting to be rejected. I am the Forbidden Child; it made perfect sense to me."

~Shelter behind, painting your mind and playing joker~

"I've had a hard life Kurama. You know I have. Any feelings I had had been scared the second I was thrown out. It took me a long time to build walls to protect myself with. It protected what feelings I developed. Then you came along and everything started to change. I wanted to open up and let you in. But now it's too late. Let me go."

~Too frightening to listen to a stranger~

"I won't let you go," you said. A crystalline tear fell.

~Too beautiful to put your pride in danger~

"I won't have you die for me!" I shouted as loud as I could. You looked down at me. I looked up at you. Something passed between us.

~You're waiting for someone to understand you

But you've got demons in your closet

And you're screaming out to stop it

Saying life's begun to cheat you

Friends are out to beat you

Grab on to what you can scramble for~

My eyes filled with tears as your feet slip again. I can't stand it. I don't want you to die. I want you to be happy. And if that means I have to die for that to happen, so be it.

"You don't have to do this," I tell you. You smile.

"Don't keep those tears welled up," you say.

~Don't let the tears linger on inside now

Cos it's sure time you gained control

If I can help you, if I can help you

If I can help you just let me know~

"I don't cry!" I shouted. Emotion. I'm showing emotion. Emotion is weak.

~Well, let me show you the nearest signpost

To get your heart back and on the road

If I can help you, if I can help you

If I can help you just let me know~

"Showing emotion is the first step to letting someone in, especially if you're already this far along already! I can help you! Let me!"

~All through the night as you lie awake and hold yourself so tight

What do you need, a second-hand movie-star to tend you?~

"You don't need to hide from me! I know what it's like!" you shout.

You know what it's like? I doubt that. No one knows what it's like. What it's like to be me.

~I as a boy, I believed the saying cure for pain was love~

"Do you think it is easy to go around lying and hiding your feelings to the people who you care about most? I experience that all the time. I know you know what it's like, not to experience feeling, but to have it and not show it is harder then repressing it! I thought love conquered all, but if you want to die that bad, I guess it doesn't."

~how would it be if you could see the world through my eyes?~

"I can't tell my mother what, or who I am! Up until now I couldn't tell you I loved you! I can't tell anyone anything!"

~Too Frightening, the fire's becoming colder

Too Beautiful to think you're getting older

You're looking for someone to give an answer~

You're shivering you're so wracked with emotion. I give up. I no longer want to fight this losing battle. Soft tinkling sounds echo as tear gems fall as I give in to the emotion I deprived myself of all these years.

~But what you see is just illusion~

We are perfect for each other. It shows clearly. There is such perfect harmony echoing through the emotion turmoil.

~You're surrounded by confusion~

"Life really does cheat you," you whisper.

~Saying life's begun to cheat you

Friends are out to beat you

Grab on to what you can scramble for~

"I don't want to die, not with out spending all of the time I can with you by my side," I tell you. A sad smile spreads across your face.

"Well, as a technicality, you're doing that right now, itoshii," you say. I laugh.

~ Don't let the tears linger on inside now

Cos it's sure time you gained control

If I can help you, if I can help you

If I can help you just let me know

I wanna know…

I wanna know you…~

"Ai Shiteru Kurama."

"Ai Shiteru Hiei."

~Well let me know you

I wanna feel you

I wanna touch you~

"Over here!" a loud voice booms above me. I raise my head lethargically. There's a group of Ningens over head. They are helping you. They tie a rope around your waist, then help you pull me back up.

~Can you hear what I'm saying?

Well I'm hopin', I'm dreamin', I'm prayin'

I know what you're thinking

See what you're seein'

Never ever let yourself go~

The crowd cheers as we embrace.

~Hold yourself down, hold yourself down

Why d'ya hold yourself down?

Why don't you listen, you can

Trust me.~

I kiss you with all my heart. You are my other half. The other me. The person I want to share all my days, nights, and lives with. I will never betray you, and I will never leave your side. Ai Shiteru.

You kiss me back with as much love and force as I kiss you with. We are meant for each other, and we both know it. We will spend the rest of our lives together.

"Come on Hiei, let's get breakfast," you say as we finally break the kiss. You stand up and hold out your hand. I put my smaller one in it. The tear gem falls to the ground, forgotten. A symbol of a love repressed, and a time forgotten.

~There's a place I know the way to

A place there's no need to feel you

Feel that you're all alone.

Hear me.~

"I will always be by your side. You can count on it," you whisper in my ear as countless cameramen take our pictures for numerous newspapers as we walk back to your car. I nod my head.

~I know exactly what you're feelin'~

"I will never leave you either Kurama," I tell you. We walk hand in hand.

"No more hiding your feelings?" you ask, turning your head to face me.

"No more hiding feelings." I agree. We seal the deal with a kiss.

~Cos all your troubles are within you

Please begin to see that I'm just bleeding to~

"Ai Shiteru," I whisper as we climb in your car.

~Love me, Love you

Loving is the way to

Help me, Help you~

We drive for an hour to reach the place you wish to take me to for breakfast, claiming they have the best pancakes you'd ever eaten. I just smile and nod. We park by the door and head in. As we are seated I notice a TV to our right, well, my right. It's showing footage of my daring rescue. I nearly spit up the water I am drinking when I see the headline "True love never fails". Our waitress, who has been watching this, came over and gaped. You have no idea why. I nudge you and point at the TV. You stare in surprise, and smile. The most heartfelt smile graces your lips.

"Yusuke and Kuwabara will never let us live this down," you murmur. I nod in agreement as the waitress starts fussing over the whole experience, asking question after question.

~Why must we be so cool, oh so cool?~

Breakfast was wonderful. Even I admitted to it. You smiled. When we got to your apartment, we were greeted not only by Yusuke, Kuwabara, Yukina, Keiko, and Shizuru, but your mother. You gave her a half-smile before she embraced you. You were obviously not expecting that reaction. She had tears in her eyes. When she opened them, she noticed me. I gulped and stepped back. She released you and moved over to me. I was expecting the worse, as were the others, it was obvious. So it startled me when she opened her arms and gave me a tight hug.

"Shuiichi," she said as she let me go. "I am happy to know that you love someone enough to be willing to risk your life for their well being. I am very proud of you."

You gave a huge smile to her words. I thought if you smiled any larger that your face would give way. I said as much to you. Everyone laughed. You invited them all inside.

"Shuiichi?" your mother asked you as we all followed you to the apartment. "One of these days you're going to have to explain this to me. I don't know how to except this…"

"I will help you along the way," you said as you opened the door and let the hoards, your mother and my sister in. "We both will."

The party was nice while your mother was there. She told us after a half-hour that she needed to get back home. She would expect us for lunch tomorrow at noon. Once she left, it happened.

"So you guys are… together?" Yusuke asked blatantly.

~Oh we're such damn fools…~

This is the resident psycho author Ifurita here. I think that this particular fic is done. I am not that sure though. If you read it, let me know if you want more, or if I should stop here and pray that you don't come after me with a hatchet. Arigato.