Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking Of You ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reflections

To me it has always been obvious that Hiei liked Kurama. How was I to know he liked him back?

~Flashbacks~

At the dark tournament: Kurama with Hiei, Kurama fixing Hiei's wounds, Kurama joking to Hiei, Kurama prodding Hiei

Kurama moping about until Hiei comes

Kurama sitting with Hiei

Kurama doting on Hiei, hanging on his every word

Kurama arguing with Yusuke about who will pay for Hiei

Kurama clinging to Hiei on the Zipper

Kurama kissing the top of Hiei's head after the Karaoke

Kurama and Hiei leaving together

Them on TV, kissing

Just now...

"May I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure."

"Do you like him? Are you with him?"

"How can you ask that Shizuru? You were at the getting together party. You held the sign that said `good luck Hiei and Kurama.'"

"I was? I did?"

"Don't you remember?"

"No... But then…"

"I love him, Shizuru. I am always going to be with him."

"Oh…"

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Thanks."

I started leaving. How humiliating.

"Wait!" I turned back, half-hoping for something I dare not speak. "Can I give you a lift?"

"No thanks. I'd rather walk."

I began to head for the park. Maybe sitting there would help me through this. Nature is very good at calming the raging storm of feelings that course through my veins.

Am I really that stupid? Did I delude myself so I wouldn't have to face the truth? I just brought heartache to myself.

I have sat down on a park bench. I look up at the sky.

When did the world become so beautiful?

I mean, sure he was nice to me, but he's nice to everyone. Why did I think I was special when it was totally obvious he wanted Hiei? *Sigh*

"Excuse me," a tall, blonde, muscular guy in khaki pants and a green shirt said. He was an Apollonian beauty. I stared at him in awe. "Is anyone sitting here?"

Author's notes: I figured I might want to tie up that loose end. Thanks for pointing that out StormAZ . I know it's not like my other chapters, but a different feel for a different character better shows their characteristics better. That almost sounded professional. ^_^*