Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Life Goes On ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ok, about the whole Inuyasha thing. I couldn't think of anything else. I just borrowed the names and the charatcers.
Serena sat, knees folded under her, on her bed, painting. You could tell she'd been crying, her eyes were wet and her hair hung limply in her face. She looked over her painting again,"Kurama." Her eyes fell on her left hand, which had been scarred from the tight grip she'd had on her rose, which was now rested on her left ear.

*Knock knock* "Can I come in?"Shiori's head poked in the door.

"Fine by me."Serena didn't even look up.

Shiori sat down behind her and began running a brush through her waiste length black and white hair,"I thought your hair was longer than this."

"It changes length depending on my form."Serena said flatly.

"Oh,"Shiori continued to brush silently,"Yusuke's officially terrified of you now."

"Good."Serena snorted, washing off her brush and picking a different color.

"I'm suprised Yukina still wants to be near you."

"She's used to my temper, and she knows how special Kurama has always been to me."

"Of course he means alot to you,"Shiori smiled,"he's always been there for you, hasn't he?"

"Yeah."

Shiori gently removed the red rose from Serena's hair and began braiding it,"And I know you mean alot to him, and I'm glad you snapped at Yusuke."

"Really?"

"He was being a baka. He shouldn't judge you by your actions when he doesn't know the full story, or the full you. I trust what you said was true, about talking to Shuuichi, or should I say Kurama?"

"They're both his names."Serena changed her paint color again,"Shuuichi is the name you gave him, and it wouldn't feel right if you called him anything else."

"I guess you're right."Shiori smiled and began adding red, purple, and blue ribbons to Serena's hair,"Your hair is very thick, like a wolf's, except softer."

"Well, I am a wolf, aren't I?"Serena brushed a stray strand of black out of her face.

"You know, I used to have a friend a lot like Shuuichi. She was always there when I needed her, and she never let me down."

"What happened to her?"

"She's the only real friend I have left."Shiori smiled,"When I married Shuuichi's human father every woman in town was jealous, except for Raven, she couldn't have been happier, but, then again, I did marry her brother. After he died I was blamed for some reason, and very few people stuck by me, Raven being the most prominent. Most of my friends I've lost touch with, or they've died, but Raven, even now, is always there."

"I remember her,"Serena looked up,"she always had fresh chocolates for me and Kurama and she smelled like fresh apple pie. She was always complaining because her hair was constantly getting in her face, but she refused to cut it."

"Yes, that's her."Shiori giggled,"She still won't cut her hair, either. She should try having your hair."

"She wouldn't survive it."

"I don't even know how you do. What did Shuuichi smell like?"

"Like fresh cut roses mixed with blood."

"I guess that kinda fits her personality."Shiori mused,"He was kind, gentle, and loving, but, the last thing you wanted to do was make him mad. His past is stained with blood."

"There are very few demons whose pasts aren't, Yukina being a major exception, even her mother took a few lives in her time."

"What do I smell like?"

"Summer rain,"Serena sniffed for a moment,"and sugar."

"Strange mix."

"Yeah, well, Hiei smells like burt skin and fresh cut grass."

"Ok, now that's a weird mix. I take it Yukina smells the same?"

"The cut grass is the first thing you notice though. Kuwabara smells like cat and gun powderand his sister smells nicotine and gun powder."

"I can believe that, I'm probably going to regret this, but what about Maya?"

"Siren, pure siren."

"I should have seen that coming."Shiori finally finished playing with Serena's hair and put the rose back in it,"How is that rose not dead yet?"

"That thing is more like a weapon, it doesn't die."

"Uh huh. By the way, Raven wants to take us shopping later, do you want to come?"

"Depends."

"Yukina is the only other one coming, and I'm sure you'll get some chocolates."

"Ha ha."Serena did something she hadn't done in the nearly two months since their return from Makai, she smiled,"I guess, I need to eventually get out."

"Good."Shiori got up,"Raven will probably be here in a few minutes *Ding ding*, I take that back, she's here now." Shiori quickly looked over Serena's shoulder at her painting,"Is that the painting you're entering in the arts competition this weekend?"

Serena nodded and set the painting down, in the center was Kurama's face, spilt into two halves, one was side was his human face, the other was Youko Kurama's, with various memories around it, the night Serena had returned, Maya with her arms around Kurama's neck, whispering in his ear, everyone sitting around the fire the night before they went after Maya, and the night they'd woken up in Kooromie. At the very top was a picture of a ten year old Serena and Kurama, sitting on a stone table facing eachother. At the bottom was the scene from the forest, right before they had to leave. Serena and Shiori walked silently out of the room.
When they got downstairs Yukina, now clad in a ice blue tube top and a white knee length skirt, and a dark skinned woman with waiste-length dirty-blonde hair were sitting in the kitchen, talking. Serena immediately noted the scent of fresh chocolate, and followed the scent, with her eyes, to a fairly large backpack next to the table.

"Serena?!"Raven jumped to her feet and hugged the black and white haired teen,"Look at you, you're as flat as a board and don't have an ounce of fat on you!"

"It's nice to see you, too, Raven."Serena rolled her eyes,"I hope this quack didn't scare you, Yukina."

"No, she's actually very nice."Yukina smiled,"And she's right."

"Hey, this non-existant chest makes life a LOT easier thank you very much."Serena retorted.

"How on earth do you expect to find a boyfriend?"Raven asked, looking Serena over,"And that tattoo! It's atrocious! What on earth have you done to yourself."

"Serena plus boyfriend,"Shiori playfully imitated a computer,"does not compute! Does not compute! Overload!! Overload!!"

"In other words I don't need or want a boyfriend."Serena, for the second time, rolled her amethyst eyes,"And this tattoo is my business thank you."

"Good ol' Serena."Raven gave the teen a hug.

"Ok, where's the chocolate? I can smell it."Serena faked a serious face.

"Yep, same old Serena."Raven walked over and pulled a large bag of chocolates out of her backpack,"Catch."

Serena caught the chocolates with ease and opened it, taking a large one out and throwing it in her mouth,"Same old Raven."

Shiori pulled two chocolates out of the bag and threw one to Yukina,"Well, are we goin' or not?"

"Of course."Raven smirked,"C'mon Serena, won't you smile for me?"

"It's not like I've got much to smile about lately."Serea grabbed her black, mini-backpack out of the next room and walked to the fornt door,"Who's driving?"

"Shori."Raven laughed and raced out the front door, closely followed by said driver.

"We're taking the motorcycle, right?"Yukina asked, walked next to Serena.

"Of course."Serena smirke.

"I'm glad you decided to come out again."Yukina smiled.

"It's time I went on with my life."Serena flipped the braid Shiori had made over her shoulder,"I know someday Kurama will be here with us again, but right now we have lives to live. Sooner or later Maya will die, and Kurama will come back. Right now I have my life as Shiori's teenage daughter to live, and I'm happy with it."

"Glad to have you back, Serena."