Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Serena's Wrath ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Serena immediately tensed, expecting an attack from her dreaded uncle,"Don't.move."

Yusuke, who had been about to jump up and attack whatever was in the bushes, stood stalk still, half way between standing and sitting. Kuwabara glared at her. Yukina, who had a clear view of the area where the sound had come from, let out a muffled gasp.

"What is it?"San asked.

"Just an animal."Yukina lied then gave Serena a 'Go-after-it' look.

"I'll go after it, just to make sure."Serena got up and walked into the forest where Yukina had been looking, grabbing Hiei just to be safe.

"Is there a reason you're dragging me along?"Hiei asked, once out of earshot.

"Whatever it was that Yukina saw either realy scared or worried her, probably the first one."Serena hissed, then stopped short.

"What is it?"Hiei looked up at the demon.

"Blood,"Serena looked up,"it's Kurama's for sure."

Hiei went wide eyed,"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."Serena took off into the forest, closely followed by Hiei.

"How are you sure it's not a trap?!"Hiei growled.

"I'm not, but if Kurama's hurt we have to find him."Serena snarled.

'Damn, how the hell did she get so fast?!'Hiei mentally hissed. A not so muffled gasp escaped Serena as she stopped short. Hiei just barely missed crashing into the demoness. He followed her gaze to find a worried Kurama standing in front of them, holding his arm where it had been cut, probably in a fight to escape,"What the hell?"

"Kurama?"Serena's nose swore he was standing in front of her, and so did her heart, but her mind said it was crazy,"What are you doing here. Inuyasha told us you went back to the castle."

"I did."he sounded real enough,"Then I remembered how you are. You were planning on coming after me, weren't you?"

"Of course."Serena walked up to the reincarnated demon,"You're a part of our team, we won't leave you behind."

"Serena, it's crazy to go after Marinak, you know that."Kurama put a hand on her shoulder,"He's more powerful than all of us combined."

"Don't remind me."Serena muttered.

"How long were you standing there?"Hiei finally asked.

"Long enough to know that Marinak is crazy enough to attack his own flesh and blood."Kurama hissed,"Listen, I don't have much time before I fall under Maya's spell again. I want you to go back to the human world, and never return."

"You're crazy!"Hiei and Serena both snapped.

"Makai is our home!"Serena snarled.

"Besides, what are we supposed to tell Shiori?"Hiei added,"'Hey, Shiori, you're son's a reicarnated demon theif and murderer, and, by the way, we had to leave him back in the demon world because a stupid siren.' How do you think she'd take that, hm?"

"Just tell her I won't be able to come home for a while. I'll eventually be able to escape her, I just can't right now."

"Kurama, no demon has EVER escaped a siren's spell without help."Serena hissed,"I know doing the impossible is a specialty for you but this is something CAN'T do alone. And I certainly can't be the one to tell YOUR mother than you probably won't come home any time soon! She'll flip! You remember what happened when you tried to run away! she called out the national guard she was in such a panic!"

"Don't remind me."Kurama rolled his eyes,"Please, just go. If you stay here Marinak is bound to find you, if you leave atleast you'll have a better chane of surviving."

"Kurama, didn't you even see your mother is with us? You saw how worried she was, she won't want to leave you behind."Hiei was getting annoyed with both teens at this point.

"Then knock her out. I don't want my mother here, and I deffinately don't want any you to get hurt. King Yenma will find something to do if nothing else."Kurama suprised both of them with the harshness in his voice,"If you stay here you'll die for sure, in the human world you have a chance to live."

Serena clenched her fist, then she heard it, singing. Her ears perked to pick up the words.

"What is it?"Hiei asked warily.

"Maya."Serena snarled, summoning her staff,"She wants Kurama back."

"Marinak's probably with her."Kurama glared at Serena,"Go, before they find you."

"But..."Serena began, only to be stopped by Kurama's lips over her,'What the hell?'

Kurama drew back quickly,"Go! Leave Makai before you're killed!"

The singing was getting louder, and Serena could tell Kurama was using all his strength to figh it,"..........Please come back." she gave Kurama a quick kiss in the cheek and raced off into the forest, a still stunned Hiei close behind.

"What was that?"Hiei asked.

"What was what?"Serena replied.

"That kiss."

"I don't know how it'll be before I see him,"Serena sighed,"I was just saying good-bye."

Hiei just shook his head as they reached the clearing and stopped, right behind Kuwabara,"We're leaving."

Kuwabara jumped in suprise,"What?!"

"He said we're leaving."Serena hissed,"And don't start fighting, we don't want to leave either."

"No, you just don't care."Yuske snapped, jumping to his feet.

"I'd much rather stay here than gome back to ningenkai but we don't a choice!"Hiei snapped.

"What about Kurama?"Yukina asked, walking over to Serena.

"He wants us to go."Serena clenched her fist. There was something in her hand,'What the?' She glanced down at her hand to see a familiar, red rose.

"How would you know that?!"Shiori snapped angrily.

Serena held up the rose,"Because we just talked to him."

"You mean that's what Yukina saw?!"Inuyasha yelped.

"Exactly."Serena hissed,"Besides, Yukina still has a blade embedded on her arm."

"She does?"Yusuke gave Serena a strange look.

"WE.ARE.LEAVING."Hiei snarled.

"Bu..."Kieko started.

"Don't even go there."Serena glared at Botan,"Portal to the human world, please."

Botan obliged and a portal formed in front of them. Everyone stepped into the protal besides their saviors.

"I take it you want to stay here?"Serena asked, poking her head out of the portal.

"Someone has to keep an eye on Kurama."Sesshomaru shrugged.

"Thanks."

The Spirit Detctives found themselves at Genkai's temple. Yusuke was immediately on his feet and had Serena pinned to the wall,"How the hell could you leave Kurama like that?!"

"YOU THINK I WANTED TO?!!"Serena snapped.

"Ya know, I think you did."Yusuke snarled,"You don't even care about him."

Yukina quietly splipped behind Hiei, who, by this time had stepped back several feet. Mhoroh pulled Keiko and Botan back while Shiori grabbed Shizuka and Kuwbara.

Before anyone even realized what was happening, Serena had Yusuke pinned up against the wall with one hand, choking him and cutting his neck open with her claws. Her usally calm, amethyst eyes were glowing with rage and her tails snapped wildly around her,"DON'T YOU DARE SAY I DON'T CARE ABOUT KURAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Serena's grip tightened and Yusuke was turning blue.

Hiei was somewhere between shock, fear, and awe at what Serena had just done. He also noted the rose in Serena's now bloody hand,'I HIGHLY doubt that's what Kurama intended that rose for.'

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH KURAMA MEANS TO ME!!! IF YOU KNEW HALF OF THE THINGS HE DID FOR ME YOU'D KEEP YOU GOD DAMN MOUTH SHUT ABOUT ME NOT CARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kuwabara hid behind his older sister, who just stood in shock. Hiei put a reassuring hand on Yukina's shaking one and mentally slapped himself for not stopping Yusuke before her could jump Serena. Mohroh put a hand on Shiori's shoulder and watched her daughter with interest. Botan and Keiko watched in horror as Yusuke began turning a very unhealthy shade of purple. At this moment Genkai chose to investigate the noise and walked into the room.

"What the hell?!"She moved to attack Serena, only to be thrown back by a powerful blow from one of Serena's tails.

"Serena, put him down, please!"Yukina pleaded.

"Don't even try,"Hiei pulled Yukina close to him,"once she gets like this it's impossible to calm her down."

Mohroh nodded in agreement,"Kuronoue was the same way."

Genkai made another move to attack Serena, this time only to be stopped by a solid wall of purple spiritual energy,"Wench."

Serena's grip severely tightened on Yusuke as he finally fell unconscious from lack of oxygen,"Baka ningen." She dropped him and, without another word, walked out of the room. Mohroh looked from Yusuke, to Genkai, to Yusuke, then back to Genkai. Their eyes met.

"YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"both elders shreiked.

"No love lost between those two."Kuwabara muttered.

Genkai moved to attack Mohroh, but Shiori got in the way,"Move!"

"There's been enough blood shed as is!"Shiori snapped,"Whatever grudge the two of you have can be solved later!"

"This THING doesn't deserve to live!"Genkai shouted.

"Right back at ya!"Mohroh retorted.

Yukina rolled her eyes,"Uh, can you please explain?"

"We met four hundred years ago,"Mohroh explained,"Genkai TRIED to kill me, but her plan backfired. If it weren't for Kuronoue, she'd be dead right now."

"You stole Kuronoue from me!"Genkai practically shreiked.

"This is going to be a LOOOONG life."Shizuru slapped her forehead.

"Why didn't anyone ever mention that Kurama used to know Genkai?"Kuwabara asked,"Or, for that matter, Genkai used to be in LOVE with Kuronoue?"

"Skipped my mind?"Mohroh shrugged.