Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Evil Ice Demons ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"I guess this is where I come in."Serena noted that sometime during her mother's story the rest of the camp had woken up,"Like Mohroh said, I was left with Kurama and his human parents. I grew up alongside Kurama, and he became my best friend. Even when I was little I knew I was a demon, but a weak one. I spent most of my time learing to fight, draw, for the sake of Shiori's sanity, who, I'm guessing, knew all along I was a demon," Shiori smirked and gave a slight nod. "went to school. I always had nightmares, and rarely got more than a few hours of sleep each week. Kurama always looked after me though, I guess something told him that I was different, special, though I doubt he expected me to be the child of his two best friends. When I was ten I suddenly got swept away from Ningenkai in a huge blue fireball, and I found myself here, in Kooromie, where I first met Yukina."

"And there are times I wish I'd listened to my mother and not gone out that day."Yukina muttered, rubbing her shoulder.

"Hina took me in, and Yukina became the equivalent of a sister to me. Time went by. I ended up running away for awhile, right before Hina killed herself, and ran into the incarnation of hell itself, Hiei," Hiei gave an annoyed snort to her comment. "and these weirdos. Eventually I returned to Kooromie, and Yukina and I left to look for her brother, and I got captured by uncle dearest, Marinak. For two damn years I was that THING'S servant, then, Yukina came after me again. She helped me escape, but not without a price. Marinak came after us, and I was forced to use all of my power to teleport myself and Yukina to the human world. In order to do that, however, I had to sacrifice a life, I chose Marinak's, the one problem, I couldn't control it, and ended up sacrificing myself instead."

"Baka lupine."Hiei muttered.

"Baka, three eyed fire pest."Serena hissed,"The power wasn't meant to be mine, but I somehow got it, along with these damn tails. I, by some ungodly miracle, managed to survive. I was too weak to take my human form, so I took the best form I could, a small, black wolf pup. By sheer concidence Shiori found me, and, might I add, recognized me. Hiei almost immediately recognized me, but, then again, he was the only one who knew my wolf form."

"Not to mention you sounded like a broken squeaky toy."Hiei added.

"Shut up, shrimp. I eventually regained my strength, but continued to take my wolf form most of the time. When I heard about Maya I could have cared less, but when I heard that she had been kidnapped by Marinak and that the Spirit Detectives were going after her, I just had to go. Hiei gave me the ok to go, but I made him allow Yukina to go aswell."

"Since when does Hiei have a say in what Yukina does?!"Kuwabara snapped.

"That I'll explain later."Serena continued,"But, mostly so Marinak couldn't recognize me, I disguised myself as a man, and accidentally took my father's voice. You guys basicly know the story from there."

"All too well."Yusuke snorted.

"Hey, if it weren't for me, you never would have made it through the maze!"Serena snapped.

"Maybe it would have been better if we hadn't made it."Kuwabara hissed,"Or just hadn't gone in the first place."

"He's got a point."Yukina said dryly,"But you're intentions were good."

"Yeah, and they probably cost Kurama his life."Botan pointed out.

"He's not dead yet."Serena growled,"And, as soon as you guys get better and we figure out a way to get by Maya's song, we're going after him."

"That. could take awhile."Botan groaned,"There's no demon, besides Hiei, who's immune to the song of a siren, you of all people should know that."

"No MALE demon."Shiori pointed out,"But, from what I heard, Marinak's power may even be too great for all of your power combined, even without interferance from Maya."

"Cuute."Yusuke hissed,"But first thing's first, we need to get Botan, Shiori, Keiko, Shizuru, and Yukina out of here."

"No way,"Yukina glared at the Spirit Detective,"I'm staying."

"Yukina, this is no place for you."Hiei snorted,"you could get hurt way too easily."

"She's still a demon and she CAN be useful."Serena snapped,"She may be mostly ice demon, but there's fire in her too, plus she's a healer."

"You're going to get her killed."Hiei snarled.

"Oh, don't you wish!"Kuwabara snapped.

"Oh, gods, here we go again."Yukina slapped her forehead.

Hiei drew his sword and with demon speed charged Kuwabara, pinning him to a tree with his sword against the human's neck,"Don't ou dare say I'd EVER want Yukina dead!!"

"*GULP!!!!* Why do you care?!"Kuwabara was visibly terrified.

" ALL RIGHT, BREAK IT UP!!!"Yukina yelled,"The last thing I need it you two killing eachother!!"

"Did Yukina just yell at us?"Kuwabara asked.

"Yukina just yelled at us."Hiei stepped back in shock.

"She's half fire demon."Serena snorted,"How many fire demons do you know that DON'T have a short temper?"

"Wait a minute, Yukina's half fire demon?"Kuwabara turned to the blue haired girl, who had a genuine Hiei 'I'm-no-afraid-to-kill' look on,"Yep, she is."

"Oh, yeah, he doesn't know."Serena mused, putting a gentle hand in Yukina's head,"Calm down ice girl."

"I don't know what?"Kuwabara eyed the two girls.

Serena gave Hiei a questioning look, receiving an annoyed 'He'll-find-out-sooner-or-later' nod,"Hiei is Yukina's brother."

THUMP!!!!!!! Kuwabara fainted.

"Oh, Kazuma!"Yukina ran over to him and turned back to Serena,"You just had to tell him."

"He woulda found out sooner or later."Serena shrugged,"Imagine if he found out AFTER he marries you."

"Marries?"Hiei raised an eyebrow,"I probably don't want to know."

"No, you don't."Keiko hissed.

"Whatever, can I kill him now?"Hiei snarled,"He's already out cold, he won't feel a thing."

With demonic speed, Yukina jumped up, sped over to Hiei, slapped him, then ruturned to her seat,"No."

Hiei rubbed his cheeck where Yukina had slapped him,"Damn, you hit harder than Serena."

"Well, she learned from the best."Serena smirked.

"And you say I have a big ego."Yusuke muttered.

"You do."Keiko snorted.

"As soon as this is over I swear I'll kill you, Serena."Hiei snarled.

"You'll kill me?"Serena had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing,"Yukina will kill YOU!"

"Like she could."Shizurzu snorted.

"You've never seen an angry ice demon, have you?"Serena asked. Everyone around the fire, minus Hiei, shook their heads. "You don't want to."

"How bad could it be?"Yusuke asked,"She's so sweet."

"You know how mad Hiei can get, right?"Serena asked.

"Uh huh."

"Imagine ten times that."

Yusuke paled severly, along with most of the beings around the fire,"Ten.times?!"

Serena nodded,"And that was Hina, imagine combining that with a fire demon."

The camp went even paler.

"Remind me to never make you mad."Shiori finally spoke.

"Why do you think I tr to make sure she never gets mad at me."Hiei snorted.

"Ugh, what a nightmare."Kuwabara was waking up,"I just dreamed that Hiei was Yukina's brother."

"It wasn't a dream."Shizuru muttered.

"ARG!!!"Kuwabara fainted, again.

"We've really gotta stop doing that."San looked warily at the unconscious human.

"No duh."Inuyasha snorted.

Suddenly a twig snapped in the trees.