Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Mohroh's Long and Painful Story ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Ugh, my head!"Kuwabara slowly sat up, rubbing his head,"What happened?"

"You were stupid enough to go after Marinak, that's what."a dog demon with waiste-length white hair and small dog ears snorted,"You're lucky Mohroh and Serena were with you or we wouldn't have cared that you went in the maze."

"Where am I?"Kuwabara groaned as he was handed what looked like an overgrown chicken leg by a another demon with long white hair.

"The remains of Kooromie,"the first demon explained,"not that you'd know where that is."

"It's the floating island where Yukina came from."Kuwabara groaned. taking a bite out of the 'chicken leg',"What is this?"

"Giant ostrich."a very small, child-like fox demon with brown hair and what looked like a brown pom pom on his butt laughed.

"Oh."Kuwabara's head stopped spinning and he took note of his surroundings. There were about five demons seated around the fire, along with what LOOKED like four humans, one only a child. He could easily identify the still unconscious bodies of his friends, sister, and teammates, minus Kurama.

"I never thought I'd see Serena again, much less Mohroh."the second demon looked at the two unconscious wolf demons,"Everyone thought they were dead."

"Yeah, well, they just showed up the other day."Kuwabara snorted,"Arrogant little pests."

"No, that's Hiei."one of the girls laughed, brushing a strand of her shoulder length black hair out of her face,"By the way, I'm Kagome. Mister 'I'm better than the rest of the world' over there is Inuyasha, the other white haired one is Sesshomaru, the little girl next to him is Rin. The annoying perverted, GET AWAY FROM YUKINA, monk is Miroku. The two great cooks are my sister, Sango, and our leader, for now, Ashitaka. The fox demon is Shippo, the one who really saved you guys. And the brown haired wolf demon is San. Ignore Inuyasha, the rest of us do."

"I heard that."Inuyasha snorted,"When's Serena going to wake up?"

"Depends, when are you going to be nice, little brother?"Sesshomaru asked.

Ugh."Iuyasha sat down next to the fire.

"I see Inuyasha is still as annoying as ever."Hiei was awake,"I thought I smelled a rat, Shippo."

"Nice to see you, too, Hiei."the little fox demon snorted.

"Don't start fighting you two."So was Serena,"I don't need you two at eachother's throats, AGAIN. Thanks for saving us, we were as good as dead."

"Hey, you're our TRUE leader."San pointed out,"It's our job."

"It's just nice to know one of the three greats is still alive."Ashitaka looked at the sleeping Mohroh.

"But two of them are."Serena sat down next to the fire and took an ostrich leg from it,"Kurama is still in the castle."

"What do you mean?!"Sesshomaru looked at the teen demon,"Kurama died less than a year after Kuronoue."

"No, he just took the form of a human."Hiei growled.

"Then why didn't he come back?"Inuyasha pointed out.

"Shiori."Hiei, Kuwabara, and Serena said simply.

"Huh?"Rin turned her innocent eyes on Kuwabara.

"Shiori was his human mother. She saved his life, and she kinda grew on him."Serena explained.

"Wait, who was that red head that helped us get out?"Shippo asked.

"That was Kurama."Serena rolled her eyes,"What happend to him?"

"He went back into the castle."Inuyasha raised an eyebrow,"He said that he had no choice."

"Maya was still controling him."Serena growled,"Did he say anything else?"

"Nothing."Kagome sighed,"Looks like Yukina's waking up."

Indeed Yukina stirred and looked up,"We're alive?"

"Barely."Serena motioned for the blue haired demon to join them,"Once again my pack saved our tails."

"You're pack?"Kuwabara gave the young demoness a strange look.

"My gang."Serena hissed, picking some blood out of Yukina's hair,"Yukina, you need to STOP getting hurt."

"Sorry."Yukina gave a weak smile.

"So, when were you planning on telling us that you're hanging around ningens?"San asked dryly.

"Dunno."Serena lazily played with her hair,"When were you going to tell me you're pregnant?"

San went wide eyed,"How the hell?"

"I've got my ways."Serena smirked,"You WREAK of hormones."

"I could have told her that."Inuyasha hissed.

"Don't you have an off button?"Kuwabara snarled.

"We wish."Yukina stole a piece of chicken from Serena, receiving an annoyed hiss,"What?"

"You know,"Hiei glared at Serena,"you've been an absolutely TERRIBLE influence on her."

"And proud of it."Serena smirked,"Morning Yusuke."

"*YAWN* Morning, whoa, where am I?"Yusuke jumped to his feet and looked around,"Kuwabara, Hiei, Yukina,.......Seren?"

"It's Serena."Yukina corrected.

"You're a girl?!"

"Yeah."Serena growled, leaning back on a log,"I'm a girl, got a problem with that?"

"Should I?"Yusuke looked around,"Where are we?"

"The remains of Kooromie."Kuwabara leaned up against a tree.

"Oh."Yusuke sat down next to Keiko's body,"How the heck did these guys get here?"

"Marinak was using them for human sheilds. They just barely escaped Hiei's Black Dragon Wave."Yukina shuddered.

"Oh, cute."Yusuke slapped his forehead,"Is there any way to wake these guys up?"

"You could always kiss Keiko."Kuwabara teased.

"Get your mind off the kissing subject."Serena warned.

"I am NOT kissing Keiko!"Yusuke began blushing wildly.

"We never said you HAVE to."Hiei grunted.

"Yeah, well, where's Kurama?"Yusuke glared at Serena.

"Don't look at me like that, human."Serena hissed,"Kurama's stuck back in the castle. Sesshomaru, how long have we been out?"

"Nearly two weeks."Sesshomaru sighed weakly,"Shiori and Botan would wake up now and then, but Inuyasha's face made both of them faint the first time."

"That's Inuyasha for you."Yukina rolled her eyes,"As bad as Hiei."

"Hiei's face never made anyone faint."

"Good morning, Mother."Serena hissed as Mohroh joined the group,"Care to explain to us how the hell you're related to Marinak?"

"It's nice to see you're actually acting feminie."Mohroh smirked at her teen daughter.

"Who said she was acting feminie?"Yukina sighed,"She just went back to her REAL voice."

"You try imitating YOUR father as long as I did."Serena grunted,"Now, mother dearest, TALK!"

"Fine."Mohroh sighed,"I am Mohriyahno, (Moh-rye-ya-no) Marinak's older sister and the former princess of Makai."

"I'm SURE Kurama would love this."Hiei hissed.

"Oh, he would."Mohroh continued,"I killed more brothers than I can remember to become my father's heir to the throne. I had five younger brothers, the four saint beasts and Marinak. They all hated me, as well as my mother. I was my father's favorite, even though he hated me as well. The only reason Marinak didn't kill me was because he was the youngest, and killing me would do nothing for him, he never would have gotten by our brothers. My life was perfect, I was sittign on top of the heap, princess of Makai, engaged to a poweful demon named Azuno.
I got bored by the time I hit ninety and began learning the ways of the theif from the palace gaurds and some of the theives that were caught by my father. In return I released the theives that taught me their tricks. I was soon good enough to sneak through the palace and steal, or murder, anything or anyone I wanted, but something felt like it was missing. Then, one day, Kurama broke into the palace. He was still an ameture at the time, and almost got caught. I rescued him and helped him escape. As the years went by I started to think, the day I'd help Kurama escape, I had more fun that day than I'd had in a long time, and I started thinking that maybe what I was missing was fun, excitement. About a century, a ver boring century, later I got my answer. Kurama showed up again, with a new partner, Kuronoue. I fell head over heels for him from the moment I saw him, though he didn't exactly notice me."

"Yukina and Kuwabara all over again."Serena muttered.

"I ended up helping them, again. The next few decades were spent helping eachother here and there, I was still too scared to leave the palace. One day my father sent me on a mission to an arctic region of Makai. Kurama and Kuronoue, having nothing better to do, followed me. An unexpacted storm somehow got me and Kurnoue stuck in a cave out on the middle of nowhere with Kurama god knows where. We had to depend on eachother to survive. I wasn't used to the cold at all, so I ended up getting sick from the cold. Kuronoue used his own body heat to keep me warm, and risked himself to save me. We finally managed to escape and get back to a village where Kurama was desperately trying to find a way to get to us. Right after that my father came and took me away. It was three hundred years before I saw either of them again. When I had, it wasn't pretty. Marinak had somehow captured them. when I finally managed to get away from all the attention from my father, who hadn't left me alone since the arctic incident, I got down to the dungeon and fixed them up. I found out Marinak had lied and told them that I was dead, and had nearly killed them. I snapped, charged up to my brother, got my butt kicked and nearly killed, and, once again, got rescued by Kuronoue."

"Why does that NOT suprise me?"Kuwabara smirked.

"Serena's the same way when I comes to the people she cares about."Yukina smiled.

"He and Kurama ended up taking care of me. How they managed not to get caught is beyond me, but, as time went by, that stupid little crush I had on Kuronoue rubbed off, but both of us were too stubborn to admit it."

"Now, who do we know that does that?"Kuwabara gave Yusuke a knowing look.

"When I finally got better Kurama and Kuronoue decided it was time for them to go, saying good-bye was next to impossible. Right before they ran off into the forest behind the palace Kuronoue kissed me. At first I thought it was a dream, but I never woke up. I finally got the courage to leave the palace, forever. I snuck into the royal vault and stole three pendants, the one Yukina now wears, the red one I gave Kuronoue, and the one I wear now."Mohroh held up a pendant exactly like Kuronoue and Yukina's, except the jewel in this one was gold,"It took me two decades to find those two idiots, but when I did, it was one of the happiest days of my life. I thought when I was living in the palace that I had everything, but I was wrong. I had surrounded myself with pleasure to push away the one thing I needed in my life, love, and I found that in Kurama and Kuroune. A few decades went by, with me and Kuronoue still hiding our feelings, and Kurama constantly getting on our cases about being a couple of stubborn idiots. One day Kurama finally got sick of it, he used his plant skills to make me sick, which I still need to pay him back for."

"You already did,"Hiei snorted,"you stuck him with Serena."

"Shut up, Hiei."Yukina hissed.

"Good point. I got so sick it looked like I was going to die, and Kurnoue finally admitted that he loved me. The moment we admitted our feelings, I was fine again. I gave the pendant to Kuronoue, then we went after Kurama, knowing he was behind it. It was nearly a year before he could run again, and a decade before he could really pull his old tricks. About two centuries went by, my father died and the saint beasts came into power. I knew they would come looking for me, and, since the last thing I wanted was for Kuronoue and Kurama to get hurt, I left. What I didn't could on was that one decision changing everything. My leaving cost the two people I really cared about their lives, well, sortta. Much to my suprise, not long after I left Serena was born. I found out Kurama had been reincarnated in the human world as the human Shiori's son and thought it best if Serena had a semi-peaceful life growing up, so I went to Shiori, who agreed to take care of Serena till she got older. She grew up as a normal human, alongside Kurama, who had more faith in her than even I did. I'm not too clear on what happened after that, I was too busy running from my brothers to really check on Kurama and Serena."